PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic Division will definitely be more competitive

RaPToR_FeVeR
07-23-2008, 10:37 AM
At this stage, however, it is fair to say that the Philadelphia 76ers and Toronto Raptors have made their move up the chart in the Eastern Conference.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=nba/news/news.aspx?id=4166761

travesy3
07-23-2008, 11:45 AM
The Raps and Sixers will be neck and neck for 2, unless something happens to the Celtics, who will be a high 50/60 win team again this year. the Raps and Sixers I see both pushing for 50 wins. It will be nice that the Raps actually have some expectations this year.

North Yorker
07-23-2008, 01:15 PM
I see a Philly-Raptors playoff series, as a 4/5 matchup, with us hopefully being the 4 seed and coming out on top

Denverb2b
07-23-2008, 02:02 PM
I think people are sleepin on the Nets as well, Rod Thorn has been pretty agressive in changing that roster.

C- Kristic- Lopez- Swift- Williams
PF- Yi- Boone- Swift- Williams
SF- Eduardo- Simmons
SG- Carter- Hayes- Douglas-Roberts
PG- Harris- Dooling

They have a good mix of players, young talent, vets, solid pg's. Not a top ranking team but i could see them fighting for the 8th spot.

varunpp
07-23-2008, 04:01 PM
8th spot is up for grabs definately...especially after childress leavin hawks, and theres a good chance nets can get in, if yi, kristic n wincey carter stay healthy

Bricklayer
07-23-2008, 05:14 PM
I think people are sleepin on the Nets as well, Rod Thorn has been pretty agressive in changing that roster.

SF- Eduardo- Simmons
PG- Harris- Dooling

They have a good mix of players, young talent, vets, solid pg's. Not a top ranking team but i could see them fighting for the 8th spot.

I agree that the Nets may be sleepers this year, but I disagree with your depth chart. I.M.O Simmonds is better then Najera and Williams is better then Boone and Swift and possibly Lopez.

rapswin98
07-23-2008, 06:43 PM
NETS! r u joking

AK-50
07-23-2008, 07:33 PM
health is a major factor for every team and if the celtics, sixers or us get hit that can open a door for the nets

_Sn1P3r_
07-23-2008, 09:35 PM
health is a major factor for every team and if the celtics, sixers or us get hit that can open a door for the nets

Yup. If an important asset for a team goes down, it could change the outcome dramatically.

kanersen
07-25-2008, 08:40 PM
i don't see how you can say philly and the raps are neck and neck for 2 when detroit is still the same
orlando still has the best big man in the east even with the additions of brand and oneal to their respective new teams
and cleveland still has this guy named lebron

this is how i see the playoff brackets coming down to, with the favorites fighting for that position being stated first

1)boston
2)detroit-orlando-cleveland
3)detroit-orlando-cleveland-toronto-washington-philadelphia
4)cleveland-toronto-washington-philadelphia
5)cleveland-toronto-washington-philadelphia/milwaukee
6)toronto-washington-philadelphia-milwaukee
7)toronto-washington-philadelphia-milwaukee/atlanta
8)philadelphia-milwaukee-atlanta-nyk-njn

the point is toronto shouldn't be looking past anyone
the talent pools are too close from 2-8

LupeTheFiasco
07-28-2008, 03:28 PM
Atlantic Divsion will be in my opinion the most competitive divsion in the eastern conference. Philly and Toronto all showed signs of improvement and with the new rosters its anybody's game.(except for the knicks...)

B2B
07-29-2008, 09:29 AM

SF- Eduardo- Simmons
PG- Harris- Dooling

Bucks r the sleeper team to watch

Bogut/Gadzuric
Villenueva/Alexander
Jefferson/Mason
Redd/Bell
Williams/Sessions

Their bench is a little weak but their starters r solid.

mpickup
07-29-2008, 10:05 AM
It's funny that the Heat don't get any mention...champions in the last few years, DWade may be able to do some crazy things...weak cast though
I honestly think even Washington could be in tough just to make the playoffs, and that's harsh for a team with 3 all-stars...

Depending on the schedule I can see the Raptors coming flying out of the gate to start the season. Calderon and Bosh rolling from olympic success, JO and Bargnani fresh from Vegas, and free of nagging injuries...Kapono inserted to the starting line-up...Gonna be exciting to say the least!

koreancabbage
07-29-2008, 11:57 AM
SCrew the NEts, they're going to be last place, vince is going to demand a trade
they just lost Krstic to a Russian team.

Of all the teams in the Atlantic, these are in order of the best line-ups

1. Boston
- Perkins
- Garnett
- Pierce
- Allen
- Rondo
2. Toronto
- O'Neal
- Bosh
- Moon / Kapono
- Parker
- Calderon
3. Philly
- Dalembert
- Brand
- Green
- Iggy
- Miller
4. NY
- Curry
- Randoplph
- Q Rich
- Crawford
- Nate Rob
5. NJ
- Brook Lopez
- Yi Jianlian
- Vince Carter
- Bobby Simmons
- Harris

By far, NJ has the weakest starting 5, NY's front court is too slow to compete against the top 3 teams (Bos, Tor, Phi)
so basically, it won't be easy for Boston anymore when they play cuz everyone will have be ready for them next year cuz they won a championship.
i think its gonna be tight with these 3 teams actually.

marvILLous
07-29-2008, 12:16 PM
3. Philly
- Dalembert
- Brand
- Green
- Iggy
- Miller

I think thaddeus young will be starting instead of green, but i dont know

mpickup
07-29-2008, 12:54 PM
I think everyone is too high on Philly...Late playoff team at best!
-Detroit could have a new line-up missing two of their stars...chemistry is not a given
-If Rondo doesn't improve his jumper, Boston could suffer a setback...people started to leave him alone on the perimeter in the playoffs, and it hurt the big 3's ability to play as freely on offense, with more double teams coming...

Call me a "homer" if you want, but I think the Raptors line-up is the class of the Eastern Conference. A healthy Bosh-JO is undeniably amazing!!! And who can say Jose wouldn't be a strong candidate to start for the East All-stars next year? Kidd's gone...Billups may be gone, but even if he's here Jose may out perform him at the PG spot....Arenas is the only other competition unless Harris does great things in Jersey, or T.J. tears up in Indiana...Jose's the man. He'll have the ball in the right person's hands....Big men in the post, Kapono or AP for the open jumper...Moon for the oop...it's gonna be off the wall, and it's about time we see this caliber of ball from the Raptors again!

kvrnm
07-29-2008, 04:02 PM
I think everyone is too high on Philly...Late playoff team at best!
-Detroit could have a new line-up missing two of their stars...chemistry is not a given
-If Rondo doesn't improve his jumper, Boston could suffer a setback...people started to leave him alone on the perimeter in the playoffs, and it hurt the big 3's ability to play as freely on offense, with more double teams coming...

Call me a "homer" if you want, but I think the Raptors line-up is the class of the Eastern Conference. A healthy Bosh-JO is undeniably amazing!!! And who can say Jose wouldn't be a strong candidate to start for the East All-stars next year? Kidd's gone...Billups may be gone, but even if he's here Jose may out perform him at the PG spot....Arenas is the only other competition unless Harris does great things in Jersey, or T.J. tears up in Indiana...Jose's the man. He'll have the ball in the right person's hands....Big men in the post, Kapono or AP for the open jumper...Moon for the oop...it's gonna be off the wall, and it's about time we see this caliber of ball from the Raptors again!

yaa ill call it, you are a homer.... you guys forget that you had a losing record last year! yikes:speechless:

koreancabbage
07-29-2008, 04:54 PM
I think thaddeus young will be starting instead of green, but i dont know

maybe, totally forgot about the Thad

koreancabbage
07-29-2008, 04:57 PM
yaa ill call it, you are a homer.... you guys forget that you had a losing record last year! yikes:speechless:

what losing record? we were 41-41, Philly had a losing record.

Both of our team made big strides in obtaining top rated power forwards/ centers.

North Yorker
07-29-2008, 05:11 PM

WRONG!
haha, you came on here to trash talk but you just end up embarrassing yourself! Better luck next time:clap:

travesy3
07-29-2008, 05:22 PM
People sit here talking about how the Sixers, Pistons and all these guys may have chemistry issues, we could just as easily have the same. I am optimistic, but as a realistic fan, I don't see us as a team that can advance past the second round. We just have too many wholes in our game still, who knows, maybe we will explode and come first, that is just not my expectation at this point.

Right now, I have the Pistons(no trades), Celtics and Magic going 1-3, with the Cavs, Raps and Sixers going 4,5 and 6. If the Sixers can acquire a sharpshooter, they will be a top 3 team in the East. That is all they need, they have a dominant big, a great defensive C, and a wing man who can get to the bucket. But right now, they have 1 shooter. The Raps need their own Iggy, we don't really have anyone who can create their own shot from the perimeter right now. Alot of things still need to sort themselves out, but for once, Toronto is getting thought of, not just by Raptor fans themselves, but the entire NBA is starting to take notice that we are actually putting a legit team together. And god help the East if Bargnani ever comes along :D

kvrnm
07-29-2008, 07:22 PM
WRONG!
haha, you came on here to trash talk but you just end up embarrassing yourself! Better luck next time:clap:

yaaa i was including the playoffs, so yaa they did have a losing record

mjt20mik
07-29-2008, 07:39 PM
I had this uber sick post that was gonna be in the "Philly had us beat" thread, but I guess I should just post it here. Basically, one fan was talking about how the pickup of Rush/Ivey were greater than our pickups. The fan spoke about Hassan just being awful, Soloman being a nutcase, and Jawai being raw talent. So i decided to show some numbers, cause numbers are never wrong :)..

Ok. Nutcases...

Mr. Royal Ivey was suspended 3 games. This happened in the game where he punched Aaron Gray in the jewels. His suspension will carry into the first two games of the 2008-09 season. His numbers aren't too impressive to

5.6 ppg 2.6 apg 1.2 rpg in 19.2 minutes.
So I have no clue how you call him an Ace.

And Kareem Rush..

8.3 ppg 2.4 rpg 1.3 apg in 21 minutes. He's a pretty solid role player, but his stats are nothing that makes him an Ace.

Now the Raptors..

Will Soloman..

17.8 ppg 3.2 rpg 4.4 apg 1.3 spg while playing in Euroleague basketball.

In his short stint in the Nba, playing for the grizzles in the 01-02 season, he averaged

5.4 ppg 1.5 rpg in 14.2 minutes. Seems to be similar to Royal Ivey, except that was almost 7 years ago. I'm pretty sure his game has gotten drastically better.

Hassan Adams..

2.1 ppg 1.3 rpg in 8.1 minutes. He really hasn't been given the opportunity to shine, and even if he produces similar stats, I couldn't be bothered cause he signed for the minimum of about 300-700 thousand.

Nathan Jawai..

Although playing in an Australian league, which can not be compared to the NBA, he did put up some decent numbers.

17.7 ppg 9.6 rpg 1.0 bpg in 30 minutes. But not much is expected from this guy anyways.

Therefore, the only pass i'll give you is that of Kareem Rush. He was a pretty decent pickup. But Royal Ivey, can not be considered an Ace compared to Hassan Adams, and Will Soloman.

lukeem21
07-29-2008, 07:46 PM
we are also adding roko ukic

so ukic, adams, solomon, jawai

to their rush and ivey

lukeem21
07-29-2008, 07:48 PM
the teams are very comparable and the differences will be worked out on the court not through debate anyone thinking one has a clear advantage over the other is just a homer.... that being said if they dont sign iggy or williams i think we've got the edge but i'm assumming they do although i'm starting to wonder what is taking so long

mjt20mik
07-29-2008, 07:49 PM
the teams are very comparable and the differences will be worked out on the court not through debate anyone thinking one has a clear advantage over the other is just a homer.... that being said if they dont sign iggy or williams i think we've got the edge but i'm assumming they do although i'm starting to wonder what is taking so long

Can you please tell the Philly fans that. Cause they seem to think that their team is automatically better than ours.

Bob_at_york
07-29-2008, 07:53 PM
Can you please tell the Philly fans that. Cause they seem to think that their team is automatically better than ours.

I am still curious how Brand is going to fit in. The 76ers were known as a team that drove to the net alot and didn't shoot a lot of 3s. Brand will be taking up a lot of space inside.

lukeem21
07-29-2008, 07:57 PM
the smart ones already know... i assume you're talking about their homers and do you think they'd listen... we've got oneal who apparently is not going to play next year according to them or if he does he will be no better then 12 and 6... when they went out and got the best pick up in the offseason who played a stellar 8 games all of last year and over 9 years has made it to the playoffs once

i dont actually think that lowly of Brand that is my sarcastic response to some of the homer comments i've heard about Oneal and the raptors not being up to the magnificient sixers standards

lukeem21
07-29-2008, 08:01 PM
I am still curious how Brand is going to fit in. The 76ers were known as a team that drove to the net alot and didn't shoot a lot of 3s. Brand will be taking up a lot of space inside.

i dont think it will be a problem... they'll get a lot more of post dumps and back door cuts now, brand is a decent passer as long as he not a black hole... dalmbert will just be roaming giving their wing players lots of chances to get to the net, they could use a shooter like we could use a slasher though

iggy for parker sounds fair right?

Cortez
07-30-2008, 03:01 PM
^i think that could b done^

mjt20mik
07-30-2008, 04:56 PM
^i think that could b done^

That would so complete our team!

Goon.Weezy
07-30-2008, 10:36 PM
**** phILLy just cuz they had one player suddenly they are a 5o win team.... Raptors can definitely get 5o wins...2 years ago 47 wins......last year only 41 wins..but that was because of injuries....so if the raptors stay healthy 5o wins FOH SURE