PDA

View Full Version : Raptors suits get promotions/new business cards

Bob_at_york
07-23-2008, 09:51 AM
It was Promotions Day around the ACC yesterday. They upgraded a handful of execs, awarding them with new titles and, Iím sure, untold riches.

To recap:
Maurizio goes to senior vice-president of basketball operations from vice-president and assistant general manager.

Masai Ujiri is now the assistant general manager, player personnel from director of global scouting.

Marc Eversley becomes assistant general manager, basketball development, from director of basketball operations.

Jim Kelly is senior director of player personnel after being the director of player personnel (I guess adding senior comes with being old?)

Steve Fruitmanís now the director of basketball operations after being director of basketball finance.

Micah Nori takes over as director of NBA scouting from his gig as the teamís advance scout.

I have no idea what any of this means except new business cards for all of them and, hopefully, gargantuan budgets for Beat Grunt Hospitality.

Link for blog: http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

Cortez
07-23-2008, 12:37 PM
o thats nice

Ragun
07-23-2008, 12:42 PM
good for them.

mjt20mik
07-23-2008, 02:24 PM
Well they did a good job, so I'm guessing they deserve it.

Sn1ch_Turna
07-23-2008, 08:05 PM
i wonder if they give out flashy designations for expert blogger, i nominate Bob....

i imagine it to be "Director of Online Sports-Fan Management and Affairs"

ink
07-23-2008, 09:03 PM
I guess their salaries all go up along with their promotions. No management salary cap I guess. ;)

_Sn1P3r_
07-23-2008, 09:20 PM
That's cool.