PDA

View Full Version : Mo Evans signs with GS Warriors???

POZUNO
07-23-2008, 02:42 AM
Is this true??? Cause if so...then hello Azubuike!

http://www.pe.com/sports/breakout/stories/PE_Sports_Local_W_camby_22.19ec753.html

POZUNO
07-23-2008, 02:44 AM
The Clippers aren't done dealing. They signed Golden State forward Kelenna Azubuike (8.1 ppg, 3.4 rpg) to a three-year, $9.3 million offer sheet last week.

The Warriors have until Friday to match the offer, but two NBA sources said they will not because they signed forward Maurice Evans, who split time between the Lakers and Orlando last season, to a three-year, $6.4 million deal.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

krazyclipperfan
07-23-2008, 02:56 AM
i didnt think they would match the offer anyway.

garlicboy
07-23-2008, 03:37 AM
Is this true??? Cause if so...then hello Azubuike!

http://www.pe.com/sports/breakout/stories/PE_Sports_Local_W_camby_22.19ec753.html

Some fool predicted Maurice Evans to GSW. A couple days later he posted this as well as a Wikepedia link. Claiming he called it.

It's a hoax. Why isn't it reported anywhere else or any other major paper???

I was supposed to go to the Vegas Summer league with my buddies, but couldn't. But they saw and talked to a bunch of players. They talked to Mitch Richmond and when asked about Azubuike he said "Azubuike is going no where." Take it for what it's worth. He could have been lying. But $3 million a years for 3 years is pretty cheap. Be happy you guys got Baron.

kylem4711
07-23-2008, 10:36 AM
Some fool predicted Maurice Evans to GSW. A couple days later he posted this as well as a Wikepedia link. Claiming he called it.

I was supposed to go to the Vegas Summer league with my buddies, but couldn't. But they saw and talked to a bunch of players. They talked to Mitch Richmond and when asked about Azubuike he said "Azubuike is going no where." Take it for what it's worth. He could have been lying. But $3 million a years for 3 years is pretty cheap. Be happy you guys got Baron.

nope, i want buki

dick butane
07-23-2008, 11:21 AM
No offense to Mitch Richmond but I don't see GS running personnel decisions by him.

garlicboy
07-23-2008, 12:33 PM
No offense to Mitch Richmond but I don't see GS running personnel decisions by him.

I guess not. Wow, totally thought this was a hoax with some guy claiming he called and then posting this link and a wikpedia link.

kylem4711
07-23-2008, 12:41 PM

ha very true

KOOL-AID Man
07-23-2008, 12:55 PM

Looks like that fool was right. Mo Evans signs with the Golden State Warriors.

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_9969946

POZUNO
07-23-2008, 12:56 PM
Yup it's true. Found 2 more sources of this signing through rotoworld and contracostatimes. Very excited for buike and the clips, but none the less we all have to still wait till its official.

Report: Warriors to add Maurice Evans
Golden State would likely allow Azubuike to join Clippers
Wire services
Article Launched: 07/23/2008 06:32:39 AM PDT

Click photo to enlarge
The 6-foot-5 Maurice Evans could wind up being a nice fit for the Warriors... (Associated Press)

Links

* Discuss the Warriors
* Blog: Inside the Warriors
* Warriors official site
* More Warriors

OAKLAND _ On the heels of adding point guard Marcus Williams, the Warriors have reportedly added free agent forward Maurice Evans, who played for both the Lakers and Magic last season.

Golden State has signed Evans to a three-year, $6.4 million deal, according to the Riverside Press-Enterprise. By adding Evans, it more than likely means the Warriors will not match the three-year, $9 million contract restricted free agent Kelenna Azubuike signed with the Los Angeles Clippers last week. Golden State have until Friday to match Azubuike's deal, but Evans represents a cheaper _ and perhaps better _ alternative.

In Evans, the Warriors are getting an athletic swingman who's known as a solid defender and good 3-point shooter (he shot 39% on 3-pointers last season). The 6-foot-5 Evans averaged 9.3 points per game in 68 games for Orlando in 2007-08. He came to Orlando with Brian Cook in a November trade with the Los Angeles Lakers that sent Trevor Ariza to Southern California.

The 29-year-old Evans, who has played five seasons in the NBA, has also played with the Detroit Pistons and Sacramento Kings.

Conor
07-23-2008, 01:21 PM
I can't believe this is happening if it is indeed true. You guys would be lucking out big time on us letting you have Buike. Take it from me, he's a star in the making. He does it all, plays hard on both ends, is very athletic, and is a dynamic scorer when given the chance.

kylem4711
07-23-2008, 01:55 PM
yes, this is great news

kylem4711
07-23-2008, 01:56 PM
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

garlicboy
07-23-2008, 03:35 PM
Not official yet, Evans apparently backed out. I'd be happy with either one. For some strange reason I think the Clips would pick up Evans if they don't get Buike.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2008/07/23/warriors-talking-to-mo-evans/#comment-3432

kylem4711
07-23-2008, 04:12 PM
NOOOOOO

this is terrible news

dick butane
07-23-2008, 11:53 PM
I can't believe this is happening if it is indeed true. You guys would be lucking out big time on us letting you have Buike. Take it from me, he's a star in the making. He does it all, plays hard on both ends, is very athletic, and is a dynamic scorer when given the chance.

Yeah....and not too many teams gave up on Evans...so...um...good luck with that. My wish is your new PG blossoms into a star...cause he's done with his rookie contract next year.... and you'll have to decide keep him and be out of the free agent race the next year. Thanks Golden State....good times.