PDA

View Full Version : Tayshaun Prince, will Dumars trade him?

oldenpolynice
07-23-2008, 01:37 AM
The Pistons have been rumored to have interest in Ron Artest and Tracy McGrady. Does this mean that Tayshaun Prince is headed out of town.

Tayshaun Prince out? Artest/McGrady in? (http://www.davissportsdeli.com/NBA%20Offseason%202008%20What's%20the%20Deal%20wit h%20Detroit's%20Front%20Office.html)

Tayshaun Prince isn't good enough to help the Pistons win a championship in 2009. That's basically the message that Pistons general manager Joe Dumars sent to the fans in Detroit last week as trade rumors circulated about small forwards Tracy McGrady (of the Houston Rockets) and Ron Artest (of the Sacramento Kings).

Of course, trade rumors are usually just that: rumors. Especially in the NBA. But that doesn't diminish the pressure that Prince must be feeling right now. McGrady and Artest are two of the premier swingmen in the league and Joe D isn't the kind of GM to sit on his hands when his team isn't playing up to expectation.

So why is Dumars so anxious to upgrade the small forward position? Perhaps the frustration stems from Prince's lukewarm performance in the Eastern Conference Finals. Perhaps Dumars was disappointed by Prince's lowest offensive output of the last four years. Or maybe he just feels the need to shake the complacency from a team that has lost in the semi-final round in each of the last three seasons.

Jay22Redd
07-23-2008, 01:44 AM
He's going to end up staying. No player on the pistons is going to get traded before season begins

*Superman*
07-23-2008, 01:45 AM
I like the outlook Joe Dumars has. He isn't like most GMs that wouldn't screw with that team, he looks to make it better and is aggressive.

oldenpolynice
07-23-2008, 01:51 AM
I agree. For the most part Dumars is a very good GM. But I disagree on the subject of not trading anyone before the season begins.

Dumars is tired of losing in the Eastern Conference Finals. If he thinks that Artest or McGrady can take his team further, I think he'll pull the trigger on a trade.

Lone Maverick
07-23-2008, 02:29 AM
I think Dumars really wants to shake his team up but the problem is after they lost he went and basically told everyone that big changes were coming, thus losing any leverage he may have had. Other teams basically know the Pistons are looking for trades and can sit back and wait for Joe to come to them once he has exhausted his efforts seeking a trade elsewhere and may get a player or two at what some would end up calling a steal.

As for Prince he is the youngest of Detroit's core group of guys, plays great D but on some nights is offensively inconsistent ( look at this past Eastern Conference Finals) and they haven't won anything since 04 with him, so he is probably on his way out the door.

Beno7500
07-23-2008, 02:34 AM
Please do one of the trades Petrie:

Artest & Thomas for Pince + Fillers
Artest & Thomas for Odom
Artest for Iguodala
Artest for Gerald Wallace
Artest & Thomas for Marion

I would be happy with any of those and so would any Kings fan.

KG#1
07-23-2008, 03:25 AM
it depends on who they aquire if its a SF then its chauncey and tayshaun if its a big then its sheed and chauncey because they want stuckey at pg

dirk206
07-23-2008, 03:43 AM
I have no idea why Joe Dumars would want to shake this roster up. Yeah, they lost in the Eastern Conference finals again, but how many teams can make it to the Eastern Conference finals 6 years in a row. They have arguably the best starting 5 in the entire NBA. Jason Maxiell/Arron Afflalo/Amir Johnson/Rodney Stuckey/Cheikh Samb are all great young guys who provide incredible depth off the bench. Plus, they have another year under there belt and should only get better. I think this team will be better then last year and i think could definitely dethrone the Celtics in the playoffs.

BigSteve
07-23-2008, 09:04 AM
Dumars is not looking to unload anyone just for the hell of doing it. He said he is going to explore trades but not trade away his players for nothing. He also said there is a good chance no trades will be made. His statement was telling all the players in the Pistons starting line-up that you are not untouchable. If you don't play at a higher level you will be traded. He has not lost any leverage because if he keeps the same players he still has a potential champion, and if he makes some trades it will only be to improve their current position.

Thatruth32
07-23-2008, 09:17 AM
wont happen

midwestmadman
07-23-2008, 09:22 AM
I have mixed feelings about Artest coming to Detroit not from the Malice at the Palace incident or anything like that but based on the fact that this guy is a basketcase. Every year he is asking for time off like he teaches 3rd grade public school and needs a two week break etc. I just think that he would bring more negitives than positives to a basketball savvy and highly experianced team. I still think Detroit missed the boat with Camby we should have made a move for him all Detroit needs is a defensive real center.

Knicks845
07-23-2008, 09:56 AM
They'd need to trade T. Prince in any-hope of getting T. Mcgrady. Other wise I don't see them getting him, they have a chance of getting R. Artest without him, but they'd probly have to give up J. Maxiel.

durqtitan
07-23-2008, 11:42 AM
It would be very hard to work out a deal where they get T-mac, nobody on the pistons makes crazy superstar money and they are not deep enough to toss and bunch of guys to make the money work. But, if they did get him Prince would have to go in the deal. I am a huge Prince fan, grew up in KY, but i think he should be moved. The last two playoff years he has been an up and down scorer and at least one series a year he gets abused by somebody on the d end. Dumars is so high on Stuckey if he actually moves anybody this year it might be Billups.

oldenpolynice
07-23-2008, 01:21 PM
Please do one of the trades Petrie:

Artest & Thomas for Pince + Fillers
Artest & Thomas for Odom
Artest for Iguodala
Artest for Gerald Wallace
Artest & Thomas for Marion

I would be happy with any of those and so would any Kings fan.

Co-sign. I'd love to have any of those players. And I think most of those trades are realistic.

SwaggaIke
07-23-2008, 01:32 PM
Lol @ Not knowing why Dumars wants to shake up the roster. You're a Mavs fan so I understand why you feel that way. The Pistons have lost in the ECF's 3 straight years in game 6. Dumars is in the business of winning rings. They haven't even competed for 1 in 3 years. In 04-05 the Heat won 60 games and lost in game 7 of the ECF's. Pat Riley BLEW the roster up after 1 season together. The next year...we all know what happened. This roster has run its course and that team basketball **** is over.

oldenpolynice
07-23-2008, 02:04 PM
It seems like all sides are in favor of a Prince+filler for Artest and K. Thomas deal. Joe D, Petrie, pull the trigger and let's make a deal.

Of course, if Artest does go to Detroit, the media will blow that story up. It'd be like a pressure cooker in Detroit for the whole season.

midwestmadman
07-23-2008, 02:28 PM
I don't recall what Riley did in the summer of 2005? They had Shaq, Wade, Haslem, Walker, and most of the other clowns I do think they made a deal to get Posey but wasn't that during the regular season of 04-05 in a trade with Memphis? If I am not remembring please remind me I just can't remember.

SwaggaIke
07-23-2008, 03:04 PM
I don't recall what Riley did in the summer of 2005? They had Shaq, Wade, Haslem, Walker, and most of the other clowns I do think they made a deal to get Posey but wasn't that during the regular season of 04-05 in a trade with Memphis? If I am not remembring please remind me I just can't remember.

MIAMI -- In the largest trade in NBA history, Antoine Walker was dealt from Boston to Miami on Tuesday night in a transaction involving five teams and 13 players.

The Heat also acquired point guard Jason Williams and small forward James Posey from Memphis, while the Grizzlies received guard Eddie Jones from the Heat. The New Orleans Hornets and Utah Jazz were also involved in the deal.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2122976

We also let Damon Jones walk, he was our starting point guard that season.

midwestmadman
07-23-2008, 03:33 PM
OMG how the hell did I forget about that? You're right I am humbled :)

torontosports10
07-23-2008, 03:44 PM
Bargs,pick,Kapono

for

Tayshaun

I would cry... J.O,CB4,Prince,Parker,Jose

goku
07-23-2008, 04:04 PM
i would like to see detroit get artest and kings get prince it would work for both teams

SwaggaIke
07-23-2008, 04:15 PM
i would like to see detroit get artest and kings get prince it would work for both teams

Artest would get stomped out by the Detroit fans before every home game, then demand another trade..

IversonIsKrazy
07-23-2008, 04:16 PM
Lakers Get:
Tayshawn Prince
Amir Johnson

Pistons Get:
Lamar Odom
Future Pick

dre1990
07-23-2008, 04:24 PM
only for T-mac

BigSteve
07-23-2008, 04:41 PM
Lakers Get:
Tayshawn Prince
Amir Johnson

Pistons Get:
Lamar Odom
Future Pick

That wouldn't happen. Joe wouldn't even trade Prince for Odom straight up, let alone trade away one of the young guys he is the most high on for a future crap pick.

lakers4sho
07-23-2008, 04:59 PM
I think the Pistons should look for a defensive stopper because LeBron James can beat the entire Pistons by himself.

_Sn1P3r_
07-23-2008, 06:11 PM
Bargs,pick,Kapono

for

Tayshaun

I would cry... J.O,CB4,Prince,Parker,Jose

Would be good for the Raps but too bad it won't happen. :(

And I'd also like to say, Welcome Shaq! :P

oldenpolynice
07-23-2008, 06:38 PM
I think the Pistons should look for a defensive stopper because LeBron James can beat the entire Pistons by himself.

...and that stopper's name is Ron Artest. Greatest storyline of the 2009 season.

oldenpolynice
07-23-2008, 07:35 PM
Lakers Get:
Tayshawn Prince
Amir Johnson

Pistons Get:
Lamar Odom
Future Pick

If this trade goes through, does this make Tayshaun the 6th man in L.A.?

lakers4sho
07-23-2008, 08:04 PM
...and that stopper's name is Ron Artest. Greatest storyline of the 2009 season.

On the other hand, I also think that the Pistons lack a superstar that can take control of a game. Not sure if Artest is that guy. Maybe T-Mac can be that guy, I'm not sure as well.

oldenpolynice
07-23-2008, 08:12 PM
On the other hand, I also think that the Pistons lack a superstar that can take control of a game. Not sure if Artest is that guy. Maybe T-Mac can be that guy, I'm not sure as well.

I think that's fair. I think T-Mac could be the go-to guy. Then again, isn't a healthy Chauncy Billups their clutch guy?

Jay22Redd
07-23-2008, 08:23 PM
T-mac wouldnt be traded to the pistons because they dont have a player that we could be able to go to in tha clutch. So there for if we traded tracy, which i doubt we will do this offseason, it wouldnt be to the pistons.

oldenpolynice
07-24-2008, 12:30 AM
T-mac wouldnt be traded to the pistons because they dont have a player that we could be able to go to in tha clutch. So there for if we traded tracy, which i doubt we will do this offseason, it wouldnt be to the pistons.

If T-Mac doesn't go to the Pistons, then I don't think he's going anywhere. It's hard to believe that the Rockets have an interest at all in trading McGrady. I don't think he'll go anywhere.

MoJay
07-24-2008, 08:35 AM
I wonder how Artest would be welcomed into the Palace

oldenpolynice
07-24-2008, 04:08 PM
I wonder how Artest would be welcomed into the Palace

Probably with a littany of beer cups. I just hope the dude that started the brawl doesn't have season tickets for '09.

oldenpolynice
07-25-2008, 03:17 PM
Things have been quiet in the Ron Artest trade mill lately. Maybe Joe D will wait until mid-season to make these so-called big time changes in Detroit.