PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Raptors vs the world

knowledgeGOD
07-23-2008, 12:38 AM
people that aren't from toronto or canada.. whats your view on the toronto raptors? good or bad.. what you think they can do to improve
i wanna know other people's perspective on the raptors outside of canada

black1605
07-23-2008, 12:46 AM
well, what can you say? they are one of the better teams in the east

bball1217
07-23-2008, 12:57 AM
As the "if" for alot of teams is to have success, health. If JO and Bosh are healthy, then the rest of your players our great solid players, and I could see them, if healthy, anywhere from 1-4, if not fully healthy, then 3-5. Either way they should do good next year.

SeoulBeatz
07-23-2008, 12:58 AM
well, i personally think the raptors are a top 4-5 team in the east.

1) Boston
2) Orlando
3) Detroit
4) Toronto/ Philly

Calderon is underrated, yet almost overrated (by the amount of toronto fans who call him underrated, if that makes sense). Either way the guy is a great pointguard.

Your wings are kind of weak, Moon is explosive, Kapono and Parker are great shooters.

But ur frontcourt is dope, and that's where i think you guys will be strong.

If everyone stays healthy, toronto will be a great team. The lack of true scoring in the back court scares me though

Hellcrooner
07-23-2008, 02:58 AM
unbalanced.

They got a top 20 PG and a top 15 PF in Bosh but the 3rd 4th and 5th better players on the team are ALL OF THEM Power fowards that try to simulate tehy are centers ( JO) or Small Fowards ( Bargs, Moon).

The trade for JO dissapointed me a bit because they spent they Two best tradeable assets Tj and Rashos Expiring C into covering just ONE position and with a player that is not REally a center.

THey shoudl have solved their trouble at wings making 2 different packs for wing players one revolving around Tj and otehr around rashos expiring, they coudl have had Maggette and Artest for Example.

And they shoudl have ketp HIBBERT a TRUE CENTER.

Just imagine.

Calderon, Maggette,Artest, JO, HIbbert......

BC is overrated.

KB24PG16
07-23-2008, 03:13 AM
they should move to the usa............. jk theyre fine they just gotta get out of the 1st round and get deeper in the playoffs then people will notice them

Beno7500
07-23-2008, 03:19 AM
They annoy me

Iodine
07-23-2008, 09:13 AM
I try to like them but they have the most overated player in the league in JO and bargs is well.....

Mile High Champ
07-23-2008, 09:37 AM
unbalanced.

They got a top 20 PG and a top 15 PF in Bosh but the 3rd 4th and 5th better players on the team are ALL OF THEM Power fowards that try to simulate tehy are centers ( JO) or Small Fowards ( Bargs, Moon). .

Im not sure if being in spain has limited your ability to watch the nba but you could not be anymore dead wrong about the value of the raps players. Calderon was a top 5 pg last year when he was starting. He had the best assist to turnover ratio in the league in over 12 years. He is better than a top 20 pg and im dieing to know who is ahead of him other than the usual suspects like Paul, Williams, Nash etc. Bosh a top 15 pf? yeah duh, try top 5 at least. Name me 10 guys better, I dare you. He is young, only 24 and his skills keep getting sharper and he keeps redefining his game each and every year. I think you have more than missed the ball here buddy.

The trade for JO dissapointed me a bit because they spent they Two best tradeable assets Tj and Rashos Expiring C into covering just ONE position and with a player that is not REally a center.

Why is JO not a center when he stands 6'11, 260.. seems pretty big in size to me not to mention how much of a defensive force he can be and will be this season. I am also a huge pacers fan and watched him play for years and often he played the center position to make room for other guys like harrington and such. He will have a much easier time playing center now with Bosh playing beside him. He has played center in his career often before and he will never see double teams like he got in Indiana again. Having him and Bosh together only sodifies the center position more. There are only a few guys I would rather have start at center than JO. Guys like Howard and Ming for example. I prefer JO to any other scrub they could of found to play there instead.

THey shoudl have solved their trouble at wings making 2 different packs for wing players one revolving around Tj and otehr around rashos expiring, they coudl have had Maggette and Artest for Example.

Just imagine.

BC is overrated.[/QUOTE]

One there is a tonne of mistakes here, Where is Bosh, why is it JO? how did they get artest and maggette. Its easy tp post trades and than not explain how they came about. Yeah maggette would of been nice but I as a fan would rather have another dominant presence in the post. No other team in the league can offer the offensive potential we can at the 4 and 5. What does Hibbert offer? he is slow and is anything but athletic. He is a marginal shot blocker for such a bigh guy and his post skills are limited.

BC has made some of the best moves in the business and he sure as hell could do a better job than you buddy.

Cheers from across the sea!

Knicks845
07-23-2008, 10:03 AM
It depends if their healthy, they will have a good front-court, J. Oneil, Bosh, Kapono, and The back-court of A. Parker and J. Calderon, if they're healthy I can see them battling Celts/Pistons/Cavs for a high seed in the East.

RapsFan4Life
07-23-2008, 10:14 AM
raps are amazing, and they have nothing but potential if bryan calangelo signs some good bench players this off season we will be 3rd or 4th in the east, hassan adams, urik, jawaii ...

but someone said bargs is over rates .. thats stupid he is not everyone knows he is garbage the guy cant score if his country depended on it.... send him back to italia

aquiring JO makes STAYING HEALTHY big for the raptors, but tj was injurie prone as well.. so i think raps are gunna be wicked and they are a sick team that will make it past 1st round this year
and CB4 is definetly not top 15 more like top 5 ... i can only think of a hand full of PFs better then him ... amare, dirk, kevin, brand (maybe) timmy thats it

Hellcrooner
07-23-2008, 12:03 PM
JO himself has stated in the Press when he was at indiana that he didnt like to play center.

And as for the top 20 and top 15 thing, i put it taht way because im no fanatic and i dont like to LIST players and say player a is #1 and player b is #3 because players are not machines and there are LOTS of things to consider, ok you can point out who the AUTHENTIC beast at each position are but then the rest of players are more balanced and could see significative change in their status depending on circumstances.

OK for calderon he is NOTORIOUSLY BELOW :ARENAS,BILLUPS,KIDD,PARKER,PAUL,DERON,IVERSON(Pla yign the pint in denver),BARON,NASH

And on PAR WITH Andre Miller,Marbury (now he is washed up)Devin Harris,Bibby,West,Rose,HInrich,Fisher,ELLIS,BARBOS A,.

So if you add p the numbers his BEST CASE scenario is #10 and the worst #20.

As for Bosh.

CLEARLY UNDER: STOUDAMIRE,PAU GASOL,ELTON BRAND,DUNCAN,DIRK,BOOZER,KG

ON PAR:DAVID WEST,Al JEFFERSSON,AK47,ALDRIDGE,JO,RASHEED,JOSH SMITH,OKAFOR,JAMISON,BEaSLEY,RANDOLPH.

SO best case scenario #8 wirst case #18 , but of course he can develop into the upper class.

Raptors fan overrate their team too much.

travesy3
07-23-2008, 12:09 PM
I don't see how JO is underrated. He has made it clear, he hasn't had injury problems. He has had 1 injury, in which he played through, until he finally figured there was no point in playing through it last year he got the surgery. He was putting up some of the best big man stats in the league on one leg. He is 29, I guess that is the new 36 to people now. If JO gets 15-10 with 2 blocks, he does so much more for us than that of TJ Ford. Ford often times hurt us on the floor, he was constantly making questionable plays, he was erratic at times, and often times just a selfish player. If we can get a SF who can create his own shot and play good D, we are a top 3 team in the East, but only if we can get that player without destroying our depth. Gerald Wallace for Bargnani and a First anyone? :D

Right now, I see us pushing for 50 wins, neck and neck with the Sixers. I hope to god we get them in the first round, that would be an epic rematch, but new faces leading the way.

Also I lol'd at Bosh being worse than Pau Gasol, he is equal with Boozer, I would say better to be honest, I am not going to argue each of those players because not one of them is averaging 22-10 when healthy leading a team with no support to a good record. Bosh has the largest difference between first to second scorer behind LBJ, nuff said.

Those lists are honestly ridiculous dude, Jose is a top 5 distributor in the NBA, you can't even debate it, it's not even close.

Hellcrooner
07-23-2008, 12:16 PM
people underrate Pau gasol to much, becuase he is not GREEDY.

If he decided to look more to the basket he woudl chip 25 points every night, the problem is, he woudl lose like 3 assists a day form his ratio, and the lakers would suffer.

OK his defense is average, but he can Move the ball, Pass, assists, rebound, Block, Read plays, Evn go up with the ball, he hasnt done it much in the nba but he can SHOOT THE THREE....

Lord, i hate when people focus on scoring only.....

And of course i woudl love to say how many points would bosh score if he had to deal with a ***** like GAY or had to be second banana to Kobe Bryant....

knowledgeGOD
07-23-2008, 02:40 PM
good point guys.. keep it coming lol

Raptors27
07-23-2008, 02:47 PM
I don't see how JO is underrated. He has made it clear, he hasn't had injury problems. He has had 1 injury, in which he played through, until he finally figured there was no point in playing through it last year he got the surgery. He was putting up some of the best big man stats in the league on one leg. He is 29, I guess that is the new 36 to people now. If JO gets 15-10 with 2 blocks, he does so much more for us than that of TJ Ford. Ford often times hurt us on the floor, he was constantly making questionable plays, he was erratic at times, and often times just a selfish player. If we can get a SF who can create his own shot and play good D, we are a top 3 team in the East, but only if we can get that player without destroying our depth. Gerald Wallace for Bargnani and a First anyone? :D

Right now, I see us pushing for 50 wins, neck and neck with the Sixers. I hope to god we get them in the first round, that would be an epic rematch, but new faces leading the way.

Also I lol'd at Bosh being worse than Pau Gasol, he is equal with Boozer, I would say better to be honest, I am not going to argue each of those players because not one of them is averaging 22-10 when healthy leading a team with no support to a good record. Bosh has the largest difference between first to second scorer behind LBJ, nuff said.

Those lists are honestly ridiculous dude, Jose is a top 5 distributor in the NBA, you can't even debate it, it's not even close.

I wish!! I'd do that in a second. Bargnani and a 1st for G-Force.

18colts29
07-23-2008, 03:03 PM
Can be second best team in the East if JO stays healthy.

cmellofan15
07-23-2008, 03:08 PM
i think it is kinda unbalanced they have JO a former all star who used to play like chris bosh and 2 of the same big men usually doesnt work out i like bargnani and calderon even though they r kinda underated and anthony parker is solid

east

1.boston
2.magic
3.pistons
4.raptors
5.sixers
7.cleveland
8.washington

AirMyles
07-23-2008, 04:26 PM
JO himself has stated in the Press when he was at indiana that he didnt like to play center.

And as for the top 20 and top 15 thing, i put it taht way because im no fanatic and i dont like to LIST players and say player a is #1 and player b is #3 because players are not machines and there are LOTS of things to consider, ok you can point out who the AUTHENTIC beast at each position are but then the rest of players are more balanced and could see significative change in their status depending on circumstances.

OK for calderon he is NOTORIOUSLY BELOW :ARENAS,BILLUPS,KIDD,PARKER,PAUL,DERON,IVERSON(Pla yign the pint in denver),BARON,NASH

And on PAR WITH Andre Miller,Marbury (now he is washed up)Devin Harris,Bibby,West,Rose,HInrich,Fisher,ELLIS,BARBOS A,.

As for Bosh.

CLEARLY UNDER: STOUDAMIRE,PAU GASOL,ELTON BRAND,DUNCAN,DIRK,BOOZER,KG

ON PAR:DAVID WEST,Al JEFFERSSON,AK47,ALDRIDGE,JO,RASHEED,JOSH SMITH,OKAFOR,JAMISON,BEaSLEY,RANDOLPH.

SO best case scenario #8 wirst case #18 , but of course he can develop into the upper class.

Raptors fan overrate their team too much.

terrible post

Jay_Dub
07-23-2008, 05:28 PM

Calderon is on par with Marbudy, Delonte West, Fisher, and Barbossa?

rapswin98
07-23-2008, 05:57 PM
the only way we can compare calderon to those players, is if we watch how he plays this season cause he is given the starting role

_Sn1P3r_
07-23-2008, 06:01 PM
the only way we can compare calderon to those players, is if we watch how he plays this season cause he is given the starting role

Yup. I hope he lives up to Raptor fans' expectations.

Raptors27
07-23-2008, 06:02 PM
Yup. I hope he lives up to Raptor fans' expectations.

I think he will, I can see him putting up 12 ppg / 9+ apg.

knowledgeGOD
07-23-2008, 11:49 PM
i have a feeling TJ is gonna shine at indiana

spurhead
07-24-2008, 12:01 AM
do raptor fans think they are gods since they got JO? cmon jus another good player but doesnt mean theyre title cotnenders. theyre contenders in the east and will make playoffs every year but cmon theyre not elite

Raptors27
07-24-2008, 12:01 AM
^^ He will in an individual way putting numbers such as 17-18 ppg 7-8 apg, but his team wont win many games.

spurhead
07-24-2008, 12:08 AM
^^ He will in an individual way putting numbers such as 17-18 ppg 7-8 apg, but his team wont win many games.

actually jo does put up good numbers and with good defense he helps out the team
the raptors most likely will win around 50 games

lovingTO
07-24-2008, 02:49 AM
actually jo does put up good numbers and with good defense he helps out the team
the raptors most likely will win around 50 games

he was talking about tj in Indy

knowledgeGOD
07-24-2008, 12:56 PM
i hope barney does good this year

Hellcrooner
07-25-2008, 12:21 PM
TJ is gonna have a "Monster" season in Indiana.

that is he is gona put up 25 and 10 as average so he will have a lot of people telling HOW GOOD he is.

But of course that will be on a 40% of shooting and a lot of turnovers and lost atacks so INDIANA is gonna have an HORRIBLE season.

m26555
07-25-2008, 04:06 PM
As the "if" for alot of teams is to have success, health. If JO and Bosh are healthy, then the rest of your players our great solid players, and I could see them, if healthy, anywhere from 1-4, if not fully healthy, then 3-5. Either way they should do good next year.
I wouldn't go that far. The 1-2 spots in the East still belong to Boston and Detroit. I can't see Toronto finishing with a record even close to either of those teams. They could be a three-seed if they stay healthy.

Tom Stone
07-25-2008, 04:24 PM
unbalanced.

They got a top 20 PG and a top 15 PF in Bosh but the 3rd 4th and 5th better players on the team are ALL OF THEM Power fowards that try to simulate tehy are centers ( JO) or Small Fowards ( Bargs, Moon).

Just imagine.

BC is overrated.

I disagree completly......one of the top 20 PG.....Caderon would have been an allstar if J-kidd was traded to dallas before the allstar break....and 20 point gaurds don't go to the allstar game....So you have to wrong there....and when J.O was healthy he put up 26 and 10....and you heard everything that's been going on with him...it instills confindence that your gonna see the old jermaine or should I say young Jermaine......peace

alexander_37
07-25-2008, 04:27 PM

If he decided to look more to the basket he woudl chip 25 points every night, the problem is, he woudl lose like 3 assists a day form his ratio, and the lakers would suffer.

OK his defense is average, but he can Move the ball, Pass, assists, rebound, Block, Read plays, Evn go up with the ball, he hasnt done it much in the nba but he can SHOOT THE THREE....

And of course i woudl love to say how many points would bosh score if he had to deal with a ***** like GAY or had to be second banana to Kobe Bryant....

yes we are the only ones who overrate our fav. players :rolleyes:

the only PF in the LEAGUE i would say is better than bosh is KG

CB4 is on par with amare timmy D ( getting old fast)

better than dirk

WAYYYYYY better than brand and boozer and every other player u listed

calderon below all ur below list and much better than anyone on your on par list

do u even know wtf notoriously means ????????????

Musical Tempo
07-25-2008, 04:59 PM
they should move to the usa............. jk theyre fine they just gotta get out of the 1st round and get deeper in the playoffs then people will notice them

I concur get them the f out of Canada and make them the Hawaii Raptors. HOLLA

knowledgeGOD
08-02-2008, 09:42 PM
lol naw yo toronto aint going no where

cmellofan15
08-02-2008, 09:47 PM
yes we are the only ones who overrate our fav. players :rolleyes:

the only PF in the LEAGUE i would say is better than bosh is KG

CB4 is on par with amare timmy D ( getting old fast)

better than dirk

WAYYYYYY better than brand and boozer and every other player u listed

calderon below all ur below list and much better than anyone on your on par list

do u even know wtf notoriously means ????????????

HAHAHAHAHA Terrific post! :rolleyes:

heyman321
08-02-2008, 09:59 PM

Pau Gasol is not underrated, he's soft. If there was a person called defense, he wouldn't touch it with a 100 foot stick. Gasol is one of the softest PFs in the game. I don't understand why you say he is better than Bosh, or at least insinuate it. Gasol is cited as one of the reasons the Lakers got smashed in the Finals by Boston. His scoring dipped severly in each round and Bostons lockdown D made Gasol look like a 12 year old girl. I can play better defense than Gasol. You are such a Lakers homer.

jgonboricua
08-02-2008, 10:34 PM
i think a guy like ben gordon would do wonders for you team and give you guys that true scorer you are looking for...

Ph1lly Diehard
08-02-2008, 10:46 PM
I see them as the 5th seed in the playoffs behind:

1. Celtics
2. Magic
3. Pistons
4. 76ers
5. Raptors

Raptors are an underrated team, but they lack a true scorer that can take over the game. There not a very fast team, either.

Overall I see them getting into the playoffs and anything can happen in the playoffs.

GCOOKIE7
08-02-2008, 11:14 PM
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaappppppppppppppppppttttttttttttt toooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GCOOKIE7
08-02-2008, 11:25 PM
the sixers will get shitted on by the raps. All they have over us is AI and thats barely a landslide of a matchup

cmellofan15
08-02-2008, 11:27 PM
yea I don't think that language is appropriate u might wanna change it

GCOOKIE7
08-02-2008, 11:29 PM
oh **** my bad

GCOOKIE7
08-02-2008, 11:30 PM
lol ur a melo fan and worried about a bad word!!!

lorenz00
08-03-2008, 01:53 AM

dude i know in a fact that your a lakers fan....... 1 reason gasol is not better than bosh!.....

gasol played his first playoffs because of kobe bryant.
when did ever gasol went in to the playoffs?
never!
Bosh?
2 times w/out a superstar behind him!

now seeing he has Jermaine Oneil? they might go deep dude!

NYstateofMinD
08-03-2008, 09:53 AM
dude i know in a fact that your a lakers fan....... 1 reason gasol is not better than bosh!.....

gasol played his first playoffs because of kobe bryant.
when did ever gasol went in to the playoffs?
never!
Bosh?
2 times w/out a superstar behind him!

now seeing he has Jermaine Oneil? they might go deep dude!

Gasol has been in the playoffs before with Memphis, he just never got out of the first round. To answer the original question for the post, I think the Raptors team overall used to be soft. I think with JO now they are better at the front court but I still consider them to be a top 5 eastern conference team or 4th at best.

Calderon is a top 10 PG. The ten I would rather have (C.Paul, D.Williams,B.Davis,S.Nash,T.Parker,C.Billups,J.Kid d,G.Arenas,A.Iverson)
Players on Calderon's level (D.Harris, M.Williams,A.Miller,R.Felton,)

Bosh is defiantly a great player, but PFs I'd rather have (Amare,KG,TD,Dirk) and Pfs you could argue are better than Bosh (Brand, Boozer, Al Jefferson, David West).

They have JO who used to be a beast and wast the best player on a 60 win Pacer team, who were championship contenders for a good 3 years with him.

They have good solid role players in Anthony Parker, Jamarion Moon, Kapono, etc.

Thats all =)

torontosports10
08-03-2008, 10:14 AM
omg HellCrooner is a joke. He was a huge homer of Jose then he resigned with the Raps (who he hates) and now Jose is top 20 pg hahaha. If i could have PF's right now Bosh would be 4th behind TD and KG and Amare. Bosh would be in a battle with Boozer,Dirk,Brand for the 4th best PF.

cq-4mvp
08-03-2008, 11:01 AM
They are a team that I am extremly annoyed by but are a pretty good team. I don't think they will get home court advantage in the playoffs especially if Philly signs back AI( Iguadala). Maybe if the get a legit gaurd then I could see them going somewhere.

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-03-2008, 11:18 AM
if JO stays healthy they got a good chance to be one of the top teams in the East pretty solid team all around

daleja424
08-03-2008, 11:25 AM
The Raps are solid... I have them 5th in the east, but making a nice playoff run:
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6130079#post6130079

Bob_at_york
08-03-2008, 11:29 AM
TJ is gonna have a "Monster" season in Indiana.

that is he is gona put up 25 and 10 as average so he will have a lot of people telling HOW GOOD he is.

But of course that will be on a 40% of shooting and a lot of turnovers and lost atacks so INDIANA is gonna have an HORRIBLE season.
Do you honestly believe this? I don't see TJ averaging over 20 ppg or shooting close to 40%. I think he will be around 45%.

MiamiHeat
08-03-2008, 11:59 AM
25 and 10? not a chance

daleja424
08-03-2008, 12:01 PM
how bout more like 12/10

AFlagRules
08-03-2008, 12:04 PM
Calderon on par with guys like Devin Harris, Maurice Williams and Raymond Felton, DERRICK ROSE, Mike Bibby?

Bosh on par with guys like David West, Andrei Kirilenko (WTF?), Zach Randolph, MICHAEL BEASLEY?

What kind of **** have you been smoking, Roko Ukic and Jamario Moon are on par with them and both rookies haven't played one NBA game and automatically on par with a 3 time NBA all star, the guy who had the best assist to turnover ratio in the history of the NBA last year and almost made the Allstar team, Wow.

For one, all you need to do is check statistics to understand why the stuff people have been selling you is ****.

Second, stick to Euro ball. Your closer, can see many more games and can actually give educated posts about it (probably not)...

ink
08-03-2008, 12:05 PM
TJ: 15/8.5 and a lot of frustrating series.

Jibonnie125
08-03-2008, 12:16 PM
They have tons of potential but will probably underacheive like they did last year. A lot also depends on Barniagni and how well he plays in his third season.

canzano55
08-03-2008, 01:40 PM
Well if the frontcourt doesn't perform like its supposed to thrn it will all go to hell.

However if Bosh and O'neil can work on their assists then guys like Kapono and Parker who are open can make the difference between 40 win season and a 50 win season.

North Yorker
08-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Yea I dont think we'll have a problem scoring. It's pretty simple: get ball inside, attack with Bosh or O'Neal if not doubled, if doubled, kick it out for a 3. It's our perimeter defense that has me worried.

rapswin98
08-03-2008, 05:44 PM
Yea I dont think we'll have a problem scoring. It's pretty simple: get ball inside, attack with Bosh or O'Neal if not doubled, if doubled, kick it out for a 3. It's our perimeter defense that has me worried. yes i agree the raps need to improve their perimeter defense, but if they can get another scorer than they will be true contenders

stevefrancis
08-03-2008, 05:54 PM
good thing they got rid of derrick martin he didn't give the raps fans their pizza =]

kvrnm
08-03-2008, 06:30 PM
i think they will be all right, but done by the first round of the playoffs