PDA

View Full Version : For TT fans

4favre4
07-22-2008, 10:30 PM
TT's Work
His first pick he ever picks in the draft was A QB.
What If the Colts picked Matt Ryan this year what does that say to Manning ?
When Ryan gets his chance after you push out Manning you draft a QB in the 2nd round to put more pressure on him.

Brett told reporters that he felt like he would be back in febuary.
After the Giants game he says He will talk to TT and Mike and family.
He retires in march.

All the players not drafted or brought in by TT (2) are gone exept two lineman and Al Harris.

Driver is on his way out.
He drafted Jordy Nelson with his first pick this year last year he drafts James Jones The year before he drafts Jennings in the second round and we draft Swian in the 7th this year.
We pick up 4 WR's that were undrafted freeagents.
We already have a developing Ruvell Martin that coaches are high on.

Cuts Henderson last year who was playing at a high level.
Cuts Bubba this year and he was still valuble I think he would have came back this year.

Thats just some things TT fans

RcrkllrH2
07-22-2008, 10:46 PM
TT's Work
When Ryan gets his chance after you push out Manning you draft a QB in the 2nd round to put more pressure on him.

He retires in march.

All the players not drafted or brought in by TT (2) are gone exept two lineman and Al Harris.

He drafted Jordy Nelson with his first pick this year last year he drafts James Jones The year before he drafts Jennings in the second round and we draft Swian in the 7th this year.

Cuts Bubba this year and he was still valuble I think he would have came back this year.

for the sake of time and energy im only going to comment on one of the myriad of things that i disagree with you on....

your comment about drafting matt ryan behind peyton is a moot point and should have no baring on the situation, peyton is not even CLOSE to retiring, and hasnt been for years, nor is going to be in the next 5 or 6....when we drafted aaron it was because brett was on the verge of retiring any second, a FIRST ROUND caliber qb was a gift at 25 (not to mention the potential FIRST PICK OVERALL) anyone whos anyone would have taken that pick

TT would have

Holmgren would have

Sherman would have

Wolf would have

EVERYONE would have

beast
07-22-2008, 11:19 PM
I don't think you can put Favre and Manning in the same boat.

Manning hasn't said he's going to retire after the season, like Favre did in 2001.
Manning hasn't question weather he is coming back or not, got a couple of years.

Also Matt Ryan was the first QB Rodgers wasn't.

Also I think it would of been good for the Colts to draft a QB, because I'm don't think they have a every good backup, and didn't Manning just have some surgery?

Well the players that were not drafted, or brought in by TT that are still here are

Nick Barnett
Chad Clifton
Aaron Kampman
Donald Driver
Mark Tauscher
Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila
Cullen Jenkins
Colin Cole
Scott Wells
Al Harris

So that looks like more than, "two lineman and Al Harris." So your point is not true. Also even if it was, that would only help TT case, because that means it was more of his players that got the Packers to 13-3. So not only is it not true, even if was it wouldn't help your case. In fact, I think more non-TT players doing well would help your case more.

Who do they have higher Driver or Martin. That's right Driver. That means if someone going to get beat out it's Martin. Which IMO Martin is tall and a good blocker, but not much else (IMO). I don't think he uses his height as well as he could. I think he has a lot of raw talent, that no one has been able to pull out of him. But he's a pretty good blocker.

Henderson was a shell of what he was. He wasn't nearly as good when he was cut, as in his prime. Plus he just flat out didn't fit into zone blocking. That wasn't his style, he need to be in a power blocking system.

Bubba missed the last 14 or 48 games. And wasn't the starter, and was being paid huge. If I remember the rumor right, he was asked, to rework his contract for a lower salary, he said no, so he was cut. And the Packers are saying there switching the primary thing they asked out of there TEs. Most people guessed, they switched for blocking being the primary, to being able to spread the defense as the primary. (which Bubba can't do)

So I don't understand your problem cutting players that don't fit the Packers system anymore. They were great guys, but this still is a business, and they didn't fit, and were a shell of them selfs, from there prime.

And looks about the same for, Rivera, Wahle and Green.

Ryan Diesel
07-23-2008, 12:34 AM
for the sake of time and energy im only going to comment on one of the myriad of things that i disagree with you on....

your comment about drafting matt ryan behind peyton is a moot point and should have no baring on the situation, peyton is not even CLOSE to retiring, and hasnt been for years, nor is going to be in the next 5 or 6....when we drafted aaron it was because brett was on the verge of retiring any second, a FIRST ROUND caliber qb was a gift at 25 (not to mention the potential FIRST PICK OVERALL) anyone whos anyone would have taken that pick

TT would have

Holmgren would have

Sherman would have

Wolf would have

EVERYONE would have

If you thought Favre was on the verge of retiring before Rodgers got drafted than you are smoking entirely too much crack.

jwdaly07
07-23-2008, 12:49 AM
If you thought Favre was on the verge of retiring before Rodgers got drafted than you are smoking entirely too much crack.

He was like 35 or 36 when we picked Rodgers. No team in their right mind passes up a QB of the future who falls all the way into the twenties in the draft.

If Brett can't handle a little pressure or competition in his job, then he should just stick to his plan and go mow lawns in Kiln.

You're right though, we should just refuse to give Brett any competition and wait until he decides to retire so we're completely without a plan B. Give me a break.

hughest4
07-23-2008, 03:28 AM

I don't think drafting Rodgers was a mistake by TT. I'd rather have a guy ready after a few years of being behind the G.O.A.T then come in and not have a lot of time in the NFL. I honestly had no idea when Favre was going to retire. He had a couple of terrible seasons and i honestly thought that it could have been it for him.

ugottabjoshinme
07-23-2008, 08:50 AM
TT's Work

He retires in march.

This is really a terrible thread. None of your points really make a lot of sense. Favre and Manning can not even be compared. You are comparing the two quarterbacks when they are at completely different spots in their career.

I'm sorry that you have a problem with the packers putting together probably the best all around recieving core in the league. I really didnt mind too much last year. Adding Jordy Nelson and James Jones are good moves that improve the team.

I would have cut Bubba too....you want to give him like 5-7 million dollars this year to be the back up tight end? Not a chance. Henderson was at the end of his career, I wouldn't really say that TT pushed him out.

TT is building this team for the future. We have a very young and good team that should be good for years to come. TT has done a good job of making sure of that.

Mziolkow
07-23-2008, 08:59 AM
I don't think drafting Rodgers was a mistake by TT. I'd rather have a guy ready after a few years of being behind the G.O.A.T then come in and not have a lot of time in the NFL. I honestly had no idea when Favre was going to retire. He had a couple of terrible seasons and i honestly thought that it could have been it for him.

Absolutely, His numbers were going down and every year the offseason was filled with the whole "will he or wont he" worries. To not take rodgers would have been a mistake. Please Remember that quality depth is never a bad thing.

And please take the time to look at the first rounders taken after Rodgers. WHo would you rather have? The only Pro Bowler taken in the first round after rodgers is Logan Mankins, and that was a dark horse pick by the Pats. We didnt need a TE(we still thought bubba was good at that time) so Miller is out. Mike Patterson is average. Roddy White isnt that good. Chris Spencer, Jason Campbell... Nah. Luis Castillo is pretty good but he doesnt fit our system and he had steroid issues before the draft. It was a no braner pick. Our backups at the time were Craig Nall and Doug Pederson!!!

While I do believe that TT is letting his ego get in the way of his decision making when it comes to the Favre situation, I do not fault his tenure as GM as a whole. He has done a fantastic job of evaluating talent, and is largely responsible for our success last year. Just cause youre pissed at him now doesnt mean hes a **** GM!!!

RcrkllrH2
07-23-2008, 11:21 AM
also keep in mind the great qbs that have been favres backup his whole career

so its not like this is the first time a really good qb was behind him

Martz
07-23-2008, 11:44 AM
Also I think it would of been good for the Colts to draft a QB, because I'm don't think they have a every good backup, and didn't Manning just have some surgery?

Aww no love for the man from WI Jim Sorgi? :D

Martz
07-23-2008, 11:50 AM
TT's Work

He retires in march.

Look, it comes down to this. The line has been drawn. Ted Lovers on one side and Ted Haters on the other. That's the way it is...can we move past this? Ted Lovers won't convince Ted Haters to like Ted and vise versa.

Would the Statue of David have done more then Ted for the team during free agency? Yes. (although it did work out one year with Woodson and Pickett.) Has Ted built a team that was in the cellar and up a creek without a paddle when it came to Cap room into a 13-3 SB contender? Yes. Get over it.

junior_trane
07-23-2008, 02:59 PM
I would love to see one of these know it all GM haters (not TT haters, because these guys will ALWAYS have a problem with the person making decisions) try to handle the responsibility of running and being the face of a major business; sitting under a microscope for every decision made, every word spoken.

You don't have to agree with everything a GM does, but there is no need to get personal. It's not like he is trying to sabotage his team (his job!!)

Packers look damn good if you ask me, and they look set to compete for years to come.