PDA

View Full Version : Will the Rockets Trade or Stay

RelaxedFan
07-22-2008, 10:13 PM
Do people think the Rockets will make a BIG trade? Remember that the KG trade was not till July 31 last year, so its not to late for a huge deal. Who is more likely to come to Houston; Artest, Two Pistons, Carter, Reed, AI or no one? On the flip side: JVG said during the draft, that the Rockets have the 2nd best roster in the West before Barry and Greene. Do the Rockets really need someone else or do we just need Yao and TMAC healthy?

My heart is set on Artest or nothing at all.

The83rdWonder
07-22-2008, 10:16 PM
Move Novak for a 2nd, and package Head, Jackson for a backup combo guard or a back up C and I'll be happy.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
07-22-2008, 10:20 PM
i agree with ^

DontNOMuch
07-22-2008, 11:03 PM
We need a backup C. Adding Barry is good enough for now at G.

RelaxedFan
07-22-2008, 11:05 PM
With Stevie, Greene, Brooks still on the team if we do your trade, i say we go after a solid center. Our bench has depth right now. Though Artest is an upgrade over shane i dont want to part with Landy or Brooks and one or both has to be in that deal.

Jay22Redd
07-23-2008, 01:19 AM
With Stevie, Greene, Brooks still on the team if we do your trade, i say we go after a solid center. Our bench has depth right now. Though Artest is an upgrade over shane i dont want to part with Landy or Brooks and one or both has to be in that deal.

What are you saying about steve, greene and brooks?

astrosmaniac
07-23-2008, 01:28 AM
What are you saying about steve, greene and brooks?

hes saying since we have them we dont need anothe combo guard and should trade head, novak and jackson for a backup C

Jay22Redd
07-23-2008, 01:47 AM
okay...cool

Alex-sama
07-23-2008, 05:38 AM
why a new thread once again??? There are two trading threads and ppl still making a new one. =_=

JordansBulls
07-23-2008, 09:58 AM
Do people think the Rockets will make a BIG trade? Remember that the KG trade was not till July 31 last year, so its not to late for a huge deal. Who is more likely to come to Houston; Artest, Two Pistons, Carter, Reed, AI or no one? On the flip side: JVG said during the draft, that the Rockets have the 2nd best roster in the West before Barry and Greene. Do the Rockets really need someone else or do we just need Yao and TMAC healthy?

My heart is set on Artest or nothing at all.

I agree. If it is not Artest then the Rockets shouldn't do anything.

Russjr2
07-23-2008, 12:16 PM
I agree. If it is not Artest then the Rockets shouldn't do anything.

I don't agree with that. I think if it is a player that can be a consistent third scorer for us then we should make the move. We don't know if it will be a big or a guard at this point. I think we have stocked up on some good young talent and have some good expiring deals to make a move at the deadline (or sooner depending on the other team wanting to shed payroll) so we are in a very good position as a team. Artest is good, but he is also volatile and can be a ball stopper on offense (look at the kings offensive stats with him in and out of the lineup). We have great team chemistry and that counts for a lot. I trust that Morey will make the right move (even if not the 'popular' move) for this team.

JordansBulls
07-23-2008, 04:20 PM
I don't agree with that. I think if it is a player that can be a consistent third scorer for us then we should make the move. We don't know if it will be a big or a guard at this point. I think we have stocked up on some good young talent and have some good expiring deals to make a move at the deadline (or sooner depending on the other team wanting to shed payroll) so we are in a very good position as a team. Artest is good, but he is also volatile and can be a ball stopper on offense (look at the kings offensive stats with him in and out of the lineup). We have great team chemistry and that counts for a lot. I trust that Morey will make the right move (even if not the 'popular' move) for this team.

But who are you going to get for cheap without giving up Yao, Mcgrady or Scola other than maybe Artest?

HouRealCoach
07-23-2008, 05:30 PM
I would Love Artest and Barbosa on this roster

BRADfromOZ
07-23-2008, 06:56 PM
A solid back up C would be great and I would like to see us trade for Varejao and get rid of Hayes

Jay22Redd
07-23-2008, 07:19 PM
But who are you going to get for cheap without giving up Yao, Mcgrady or Scola other than maybe Artest?

Possibly Crawford for NYK

JordansBulls
07-23-2008, 08:27 PM
Possibly Crawford for NYK

As the 6th man???

Jay22Redd
07-23-2008, 08:48 PM
As the 6th man???

yea...we could prolly get him for expirings and a prolly a first rounder.

connorg3
07-23-2008, 09:10 PM
I'm in total agreement with dealing with our most immediate concerns. We need a back up C. As far as a big name, it would be fine, but i also understand we have to look forward. If D.M. is as good a GM as I believe him to be, he's looking forward to next year and the year after at F.A.s as well as possible trade scenarios now. Things have to match up from a business since as well as Basketball. I don't want another period where we are bogged down with horrible contracts for the sake of getting a player. Nice and clean contracts set us up for any scenario.

TMAC111
07-24-2008, 07:07 AM
i think we should go for one more shooter to maybe back up battier just in case if Greene doesn't work out. Dorsey should be the back up C because he the kind of guy that will go after anything just like chuck but a lil bit better on the offensive side i think .

Jay22Redd
07-24-2008, 04:14 PM
I think we are deep and with just an average defensive/rebounding center, we'd be even better.

Young_Josh
07-25-2008, 04:40 PM
Hi this is my first post on the rockets thread but.....Houston needs a lot of things to be a championship team

1- need mac and yao to stay healthy
2- need a third option at 3 gaurd (artest or prince)
3- need a tougher power forward- someone who is going to bang in the post and block shots
4- back up center- I love dek but hes 80 years old
5- pass first point gaurd- rafer can shoot but we need some to set tmac up for easier baskets

astrosmaniac
07-25-2008, 04:56 PM
^^^rafer and scola are fine, and prince is battier, except worse

Young_Josh
07-25-2008, 05:07 PM
No they are not! Scola is good OFF THE BENCH...alston is not the point we need...we need some one like perkins with boston a big body

Jay22Redd
07-25-2008, 07:51 PM
No they are not! Scola is good OFF THE BENCH...alston is not the point we need...we need some one like perkins with boston a big body

Scola is a good starter. when he got into the starting lineup we began to when more games. Rafer had plenty of games in which he had no turnovers and plenty of assist. He's our starting point and I think he should stay at that spot.

Renovator
07-29-2008, 07:55 AM
When is this minor trade gonna happen? I dont think it wil be an impact making trade though.

JordansBulls
07-29-2008, 10:59 AM
Rockets could pick up Bonzi to come off the bench for some firepower.