PDA

View Full Version : Lebron goes down in team USA practice with injury

daleja424
07-22-2008, 10:12 PM
Espn is reporting that Lebron James went down with an ankle sprain during team USA practice...:mad::mad::mad: This sucks!

phlp_bj
07-22-2008, 10:14 PM
hope its not serious

PhillyLuver
07-22-2008, 10:15 PM
Damn... we need him

daleja424
07-22-2008, 10:15 PM
it says mild...but I wanted to see him play on friday...now Im dissappointed :(

daleja424
07-22-2008, 10:16 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/olybb/news/story?id=3500945

lakers4sho
07-22-2008, 10:18 PM
Kobe played through an entire season AND playoffs with shredded ligaments :shrug:

BADizzleBoY
07-22-2008, 10:19 PM
They reported it was a light ankle sprain, its not that big of a deal. Ice it for 2 days and he will be fine.

daleja424
07-22-2008, 10:20 PM
that had nothing to do with him running. Guess what. Its a little harder to run with a sprained ankle then a sprained finger...

lakers4sho
07-22-2008, 10:24 PM
that had nothing to do with him running. Guess what. Its a little harder to run with a sprained ankle then a sprained finger...

Kobe played with a moderately sprained ankle going into the playoffs.

King Koopa
07-22-2008, 10:29 PM
Wow thats sad i was hoping Lebron and others could get us gold... but whatever i still dont think anyone can bet us.

Zefflin
07-22-2008, 10:34 PM
Its a little harder to run with a sprained ankle then a sprained finger...

I shouldn't even respond but Lebron sat out 6 days with finger problems on his non shooting hand, Kobe played half a season without a pinky on his shooting hand...

lakers4sho
07-22-2008, 11:00 PM
I shouldn't even respond but Lebron sat out 6 days with finger problems on his non shooting hand, Kobe played half a season without a pinky on his shooting hand...

Oh yeah, and that too. Lebron had a "mild sprain" on his non shooting pinky, and decides to sit it out.

Iodine
07-22-2008, 11:01 PM
wow this already is a kobe thread

that takes skill

HiphopRelated
07-22-2008, 11:05 PM
lol @ this being about Kobe already....train's never late

LakerzDQ
07-22-2008, 11:06 PM

you tell'em dude.

Kobe was playing in the playoffs with tendinitis in his ankle, as well as a strained back, as well as a completely dislocated finger on his shooting hand.

SwaggaIke
07-22-2008, 11:06 PM
How did this turn into a Kobe v.s LeBron thread? Who gives a **** what Kobe DID. The issue at hand is LeBron's ankle.

JordansBulls
07-22-2008, 11:10 PM
When do the first games start?

Zefflin
07-22-2008, 11:12 PM
When do the first games start?

Friday morning I think, I'll be corrected if I'm wrong.

Baller1
07-22-2008, 11:17 PM
Shut the **** up about Kobe already... How did this turn into a Kobe vs. Lebron thread?

Kobe is a puss when it comes to fighting, and he can't rap.
LeBron sits out little injuries.

They both have flaws...

When it comes to the court there both ballin', but now there on the same team and LeBron is hurt. That's what the damn threads about...

Zefflin
07-22-2008, 11:29 PM
I just love how you come across all angry and swearing about a few sentences about Kobe/Bron and it's suddenly a different thread...then your next sentences talk about Kobe being a faggy fighter and his poor rapping skills.

You're a funny one.

ahua
07-22-2008, 11:42 PM
any laker fan who hijacks a thread to talk about how kobe is better than . . . whoever you feel like challenging today is, should be banned. this is beyond ridiculous. can we please just have the discussion be about the topic of the thread?

if you are a US citizen and want to see your country succeed in the olympics, or are a basketball fan and if you have a bit of humanness in you, you should be concerned for Lebron and his health. thankfully the injury doesn't seem serious, but kobe should have nothing to do with this thread on any level unless he had a comment about the injury. you laker fans and kobeists ruin it for everybody. go worship kobe somewhere else and consider professional help for your obsession. you are sick in the head.

Spurred1
07-22-2008, 11:43 PM
Come on, are you guys really going to compare the injuries of Kobe & LeBron now? As for the actual topic-LeBron's ankle-well, I hope it isn't serious, but I'm sure the medical team can handle it and he'll be fine.

Zefflin
07-22-2008, 11:45 PM
can we please just have the discussion be about the topic of the thread?

Lebron will ice it and be fine in a few days and play well...feel better?

Zefflin
07-22-2008, 11:48 PM
Come on, are you guys really going to compare the injuries of Kobe & LeBron now?

Jesus I think the "Cmon is this a Kobe thread" posters are becoming even worse than the "kobe is better then..." posters. :laugh2: A strange world we live in.

God of War
07-22-2008, 11:49 PM
Kobe played through an entire season AND playoffs with shredded ligaments :shrug:

Yeah, look at the end result. The Lakers won the title against the Celtics, added his 4th ring to finally shut Shaq up, Kobe was Finals MVP, he silenced all the critics and put to rest the notion that he can finally carry a team on his back and join the ranks of Michael Jordan.

ahua
07-22-2008, 11:53 PM
Lebron will ice it and be fine in a few days and play well...feel better?

sweet, sarcasm. my favorite. whatever man. the point is that kobe has no place in 9 tenths of the threads he shows up in. it gets so that a lot of us don't even want to open the thread for fear that it's full of more goofy kobe worshipers blathering on about how kobe is better than anyone who ever walked the planet. not only do i not think that nonsense is true, but it's just plain annoying.

here's to hoping that lebron is ok and that he can help the USA team win gold so that we are not further embarrassed any further on the global stage.

ahua
07-22-2008, 11:54 PM
Jesus I think the "Cmon is this a Kobe thread" posters are becoming even worse than the "kobe is better then..." posters. :laugh2: A strange world we live in.

this is the kind of drivel we get from people who think they are better than everyone else.

ink
07-23-2008, 12:01 AM
Kobe played with a moderately sprained ankle going into the playoffs.

Please don't take the thread off-topic. It's not about Kobe. It's about an injury to Lebron James. Let's stick to the topic.

G-Funk
07-23-2008, 12:20 AM
****ing idiots the thread is about team usa, I guess wad can start...

Kidd
Wade
Kobe
Melo
Howard

*Superman*
07-23-2008, 12:21 AM
Curse of Gilbert...Bro he will be fine, calm down.

SwaggaIke
07-23-2008, 01:08 AM
I'm thinking LeBron might not play Friday. We don't need him to play anyway. They should just give Wade or Redd the start at the two and let Kobe slide to the 3. Just precautionary.

lakersrock
07-23-2008, 01:38 AM
We would be better WITHOUT LeBron. If he didn't play, we get Tyson.

cambovenzi
07-23-2008, 01:52 AM
We would be better WITHOUT LeBron. If he didn't play, we get Tyson.

i seriously doubt that.
lebron can drive and dunk on the relatively nonathletic euro teams.

Leftcoast_yg
07-23-2008, 02:04 AM
i seriously doubt that.

letme guess neither could kobe, wade, and carmelo think before you write please, i dont mean to offend you but some one will and probably call u names not to mention 2 of the pg's can dunk too not like bron but can slam it

Beno7500
07-23-2008, 02:39 AM
Kevin Martin probably broke LeBrons' ankle in a scrimmage between the Select team and the real team.

njnets
07-23-2008, 09:56 AM
Wow thats sad i was hoping Lebron and others could get us gold... but whatever i still dont think anyone can bet us.

what you talking about man. the roster is still rediculous and lebron will be healed MAX a week. gold shouldn't lay upon a player with a light ankle sprain. the whole roster can win it and lebron will be playing in no time. guaranteed.

lakersrock
07-23-2008, 12:37 PM
i seriously doubt that.

...if you didn't know, Deron, Kobe, Wade, Redd, Tayshaun, Melo, Boozer, Bosh and Dwight can do it too. We have plenty of options at SF, while we only have Dwight at C.

Kidd/CP3/Deron (Not in order)
Kobe/Wade/Redd
Melo/Tayshaun/Kobe
Bosh/Boozer/Melo
Dwight/Tyson

See how easy that is to get around not having LeBron?

KNICKSFAN
07-23-2008, 01:16 PM
Here come the Laker fans, uh oh.

_Sn1P3r_
07-23-2008, 07:14 PM
...if you didn't know, Deron, Kobe, Wade, Redd, Tayshaun, Melo, Boozer, Bosh and Dwight can do it too. We have plenty of options at SF, while we only have Dwight at C.

Kidd/CP3/Deron (Not in order)
Kobe/Wade/Redd
Melo/Tayshaun/Kobe
Bosh/Boozer/Melo
Dwight/Tyson

See how easy that is to get around not having LeBron?

That line-up is still sick. But I would love to watch Bron play during Olympics.