PDA

View Full Version : Rank The Warriors' Additions In Order of Importance

Conor
07-22-2008, 08:41 PM
Which of our new additions this offseason are most important to our team both now and in the future?

IMO...

1. Anthony Randolph: Has the opportunity to become a superstar and seems like he could make an immediate impact as well.
2. Corey Maggette: Is the only new addition who will start right away and could average close to 25 points per game. Not a necessary addition, but a nice luxury to have.
3. Marcus Williams: Our only true PG, and has potential to become a very nice distributor in the future.
4. Ronny Turiaf: Gives us muscle and energy down low, which is badly needed. Not sure if he or Williams is more important to our team's success, but Williams has a higher ceiling.
5. Richard Hendrix: Best case scenario, could become the next Paul Milsap/Leon Powe type, which would be nice, but his value to this team has diminished with the signing of Turiaf.

How would you rank them?

ULT WARRIOR408
07-22-2008, 08:57 PM
1.cory Maggette 2.ronny Turiaf 3.anthony Randolph 4.marcus Williams 5.richard Hendrix

S.J.Basketball
07-23-2008, 01:06 AM
1.cory Maggette 2.ronny Turiaf 3.anthony Randolph 4.marcus Williams 5.richard Hendrix

Word. On another note....why the freaking hell did we give up a 1st rounder for MARCUS WILLIAMS!!! We could've gotten him for a 2nd rounder and some cash. Can't believe it took a 1st round draft pick for him. Overpriced.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-23-2008, 01:17 AM
The 1st Round Pick Is Irrellevant Cuz Its Either 2011 Or 2013 My Southbay Homie

esscobar05
07-23-2008, 01:31 AM
Good pick up... Now they need to bring Buike back..... I doubt if they do so but I think that it should be a priority..

R.Miller
07-23-2008, 06:35 AM
1) Maggette- hes going to be our star or "franchise guy" next season, so hes pretty much number 1. Hes a better version of J-rich
2)Marcus Williams- I think hes going to perfectly fit our system, good pg. We practically got a steal in my opinion, cause the first round pick is lottery protected, so its not like we are going to give up a top ten pick here.

3)Randolph-Potential, potential, potential, thats all i hear i just need to see the kid play some NBA games and not summer league stuff.
4)Turiaf- good pickup, just a good bench player. decent contract also.
5) Richard Hendrix- who is this guy??!! :confused::confused: 2nd rd pick?

garlicboy
07-23-2008, 02:02 PM
1.) Randolph-Randolph will help NOW!!! He's going to play point forward and did so in the summer league against NBA players Thaddeus Young, Joey Graham and Gerald Green. He's 205, but if he gains 10-15 pounds by the season starts, which looks like he can with his broad shoulders he'll play a lot at PF, regardless this kid will play.
2.) Turiaf- More than scoring we need another interior defender, shot blocker and rebounder.
3.) Maggette- Maggette makes up for the 20 pts we're missing, but with Turiaf, Al could've moved to his natural position of SF and put up 17 pts per as he's done in the past.
4.) Williams-I'd rate him above Maggette if he can actually play the point. We'll see what happens.
5.) Hendrix-We don't have very many bigs and he's at least proven he can gobble up boards in the summer league
6.) Evans-This guy could be a steal. I think of him as a smarter and more skilled version of Pietrus. However he's been to the playoffs 4 years in a row. This guy is not just an athlete and defender, but a good shooter and another vet whole willingly accept his role.