PDA

View Full Version : Trade ideas

*Superman*
07-22-2008, 07:37 PM
I made this thread so we can come up with some trade ideas.

Use the ESPN trade machine to see if it works numbers wise.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/trademachine

*Superman*
07-22-2008, 07:44 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1995~1998~1978&teams=25~25~19&te=&cash=

This trade could work for either Nick Collison or Wilcox, but i picked Collioson because he gets more rebounds than Wilcox and is locked in for 3 years compared to Wilcox's 1 season. If they weren't too intrested we could try throwing in JJ or a few 2nd rounders or the trade exception since i read we might not use it considering we are -25million in the cap, near the Lux.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1995~3024~3000~3040&teams=23~23~19~19&te=&cash=

Sheldon Williams was the player the Magic wanted to draft, but he got picked and we got....JJ. I'm sure JJ would be able to compete for playing time their and we would fill both needs of a back up PF and PG. Not to sure how high the Kings are on Williams or Douby, but if their not interested we could throw in a 1st or the trade exception.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1995~1998~3024~2184&teams=14~14~14~19&te=&cash=

I would always welcome this trade.

*Superman*
07-22-2008, 10:42 PM
http://www.thirdquartercollapse.com/2008/7/22/577040/kurt-thomas-and-marcus-wil

Read this article.

Reezy
07-22-2008, 11:58 PM
I really wish NBA basketball season could come sooner.

I'd really like us to get Critt.

*Superman*
07-23-2008, 12:14 AM
I really wish NBA basketball season could come sooner.

I'd really like us to get Critt.

Yeah i know, nothing big won't happen probably until October.

flyboy193
07-23-2008, 04:09 PM
I am a Sixers fan ,, so wat about this trade a think is pretty even

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2004~3232~1995~3024&teams=19~19~20~20&te=&cash=

*Superman*
07-23-2008, 04:28 PM
^ Bro that trade works for me, We get a back up PF in Smith. The only thing is what is up with Green, all the Sixers fans want him gone, is it cause his contract or what and how does he play.

Reezy
07-23-2008, 04:39 PM
^ Bro that trade works for me, We get a back up PF in Smith. The only thing is what is up with Green, all the Sixers fans want him gone, is it cause his contract or what and how does he play.
Yeah, I'd rather not have Green on this team.

Chris36Chambers
07-23-2008, 04:50 PM
I'm from Philly and Philly fans over glamorized their the athletes...until u have one bad game or get hurt. Mcnabb has been one of the best qb's in the league for past 10 years and they was still was chanting Feely who had only played a few good games for the eagles and was the most horrible qb the dolphins had in the post marnio era

The fans use to rave about Willie but after he missed a season of play dur to injury they all wanted him gone. He is a good player but we need a back up pg not a 2nd/3rd string sg

Give us Louis Williams instead of Green...Philly fans are high on him now the same way they use to be on Green

flyboy193
07-24-2008, 02:46 PM
I'm from Philly and Philly fans over glamorized their the athletes...until u have one bad game or get hurt. Mcnabb has been one of the best qb's in the league for past 10 years and they was still was chanting Feely who had only played a few good games for the eagles and was the most horrible qb the dolphins had in the post marnio era

The fans use to rave about Willie but after he missed a season of play dur to injury they all wanted him gone. He is a good player but we need a back up pg not a 2nd/3rd string sg

Give us Louis Williams instead of Green...Philly fans are high on him now the same way they use to be on Green

Hell NO Louis Williams instead of Green

*Superman*
07-24-2008, 06:23 PM
Hell NO Louis Williams instead of Green

Haha, yeah i wish we got him but thats way to unrealistic to happen.

BostonFan 53
07-31-2008, 04:50 AM
Dude, you're kinda creepy.

Reezy
07-31-2008, 09:33 AM
Good thing he got banned.

SHONIE
07-31-2008, 11:35 AM
lol

Reezy
07-31-2008, 11:50 AM
lol
Great post.

IversonIsKrazy
08-01-2008, 01:30 AM
Spurs Get;
Dwight Howard

Magic Get;
Ime Udoka

LOLL:P

not this is a serious 1.

Magic Get:
AI

Nuggets Get:
Hedo Turkoglu
Jameer Nelson

*Superman*
08-01-2008, 09:07 AM
Spurs Get;
Dwight Howard

Magic Get;
Ime Udoka

LOLL:P

not this is a serious 1.

Magic Get:
AI

Nuggets Get:
Hedo Turkoglu
Jameer Nelson

Bro, im sorry to tell you, but AI will never be in a Magic jersey. Although i see how this could work and then i don't. The Rockets gave away scraps for Artest, why would we have to give away two starters for a 1 year rental. No thanks man.

j_bug22
08-03-2008, 12:36 AM
What was latrell houston ban for? What did he say?

j_bug22
08-03-2008, 12:39 AM
That trade idea is crazy...lol:D

*Superman*
08-03-2008, 12:43 AM
What was latrell houston ban for? What did he say?
Why are you him? He got mad at me and a couple other guys in some thread and started posting dumb comments in any thread that i made or had posted in.

ragee
08-03-2008, 03:34 PM
http://www.thirdquartercollapse.com/2008/7/22/577040/kurt-thomas-and-marcus-wil

Read this article.

Otis is stupid! We could have gotten Marcus Williams with the Dooling trade! They gave him away to the Warriors with things that we could have offered too! Otis is dumb to think that we can win a championship with just Dwight... He needs a good supporting cast just like any other superstar!

ragee
08-03-2008, 03:36 PM
Bro, im sorry to tell you, but AI will never be in a Magic jersey. Although i see how this could work and then i don't. The Rockets gave away scraps for Artest, why would we have to give away two starters for a 1 year rental. No thanks man.

Plus, the Magic has a problem because they have small SGs... AI is not a good PG and I don't think he can solve our problem in the SG position

*Superman*
08-03-2008, 04:33 PM
Otis is stupid! We could have gotten Marcus Williams with the Dooling trade! They gave him away to the Warriors with things that we could have offered too! Otis is dumb to think that we can win a championship with just Dwight... He needs a good supporting cast just like any other superstar!

Plus, the Magic has a problem because they have small SGs... AI is not a good PG and I don't think he can solve our problem in the SG position

Yes and Yes.

beastofburden
08-04-2008, 12:04 PM
[URL="http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=3024~862~2983~1994&teams=22~22~19~19&te=&cash="]

we would get a nice true PF in Aldridge and a nice backup PG in Blake. Lewis could move to his true position. I still think we would have on of the weakest benches, and we would miss Hedo...

Reezy
08-04-2008, 12:11 PM
I HIGHLY doubt that Portland would give up Aldridge for anybody less than an NBA superstar (e.g. LeBron, Kobe, etc.).

*Superman*
08-04-2008, 04:04 PM
Yeah, Aldridge definetly isn't on the move.

Reezy
08-04-2008, 04:37 PM
If we need a PF we should've gone after somebody who's not as big of a name in the free agent market. But maybe we'll see a trade in the near future. I really believe we need to trade off Bogans.

I really wish we could've gotten Nachbar or Krstic.

scrumptiousduck
08-04-2008, 04:51 PM
pau and lamar first round pick for dwight

Reezy
08-04-2008, 05:35 PM

As nice as that would be, the salaries wouldn't match up.

*Superman*
08-04-2008, 07:14 PM

Haha, i would never do that. If i trade Dwight to the Lakers, it includes Kobe, not doubt, and i still wouldn't do that trade for Kobe.

*Superman*
08-04-2008, 07:16 PM
If we need a PF we should've gone after somebody who's not as big of a name in the free agent market. But maybe we'll see a trade in the near future. I really believe we need to trade off Bogans.

I really wish we could've gotten Nachbar or Krstic.

I am still bummed that Otis didn't make a trade for a player when the Nets got Keyon, it was so obvious that something could have been arranged.

KnickVeteran
08-05-2008, 03:22 PM
NY gets Jeff Foster, Tony Battie, 2009 first round draft pick (indiana)

Orlando gets Jamaal Tinsley

Indiana gets Zach Randolph, 2009 first round draft pick (Orlando)

jezzer45
08-05-2008, 03:55 PM
IF you look at the magics situation, I think they are done for right now unless they can unload brian cook, keith bogans for some draft picks and or some 2nd or 3rd year player i.e. jarvaris critt. They are close to the cap and then who are they gonna get realistically for Hedo: trash. They screwed themselves for signing Rashard for that amount, but my guess is that he was going to get that anywhere he landed. So go with the team they have now for this year and then lets trim payroll down and when 2010 comes around while everyone is going for Lebron, we go in and snatch up the top dogs like Bosh, Wade, or another franchise player that will dominate with, Howard,Lewis,and whoever they have at that point.

*Superman*
08-05-2008, 04:30 PM
NY gets Jeff Foster, Tony Battie, 2009 first round draft pick (indiana)

Orlando gets Jamaal Tinsley

Indiana gets Zach Randolph, 2009 first round draft pick (Orlando)

Haha, no thanks Isiah. Why would we give up Tony and a 1st for Tinsley, when he may get bought out later on. Orlando gets screwed in that deal and by the way losing Battie would make our line up smaller than it is. Dumb trade. Give us David Lee and then its a deal.

Reezy
08-05-2008, 05:47 PM
Why the hell would we trade a first round draft pick and Tony Battie for TINSLEY? I would almost never trade a big for a small.

Magicman12
08-05-2008, 06:21 PM
Are we still considering Haslem because he would be a perfect fit. Unlike a lot of you I think that we should trade Hedo either now or at the break depending on where we are at in the standings. His stock is high and i think we could get a really good Pf for him. Mark my word he will be gone after this year and we will lose him for nothing!!!!!!!

*Superman*
08-05-2008, 06:51 PM
Are we still considering Haslem because he would be a perfect fit. Unlike a lot of you I think that we should trade Hedo either now or at the break depending on where we are at in the standings. His stock is high and i think we could get a really good Pf for him. Mark my word he will be gone after this year and we will lose him for nothing!!!!!!!

Actually, I'm not ruling out trading Hedo. But if he is as loyal as i think he is and likes the Magic as much as i think, i really don't think he would leave. As for Haslem, i have wanted him this whole summer playing alongside Dwight. But unless we give them Hedo, a deal will not be made, and if we were to get Haslem for Hedo, why not get a better, young PF like David Lee.

skyhibballpj87
08-06-2008, 05:10 PM
http://www.nola.com/hornets/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-3/1218000088181860.xml&coll=1

idk if this link work but it says that the hornets will not resign pargo. im wondering what you guys think about signing pargo with some of the money we got from the dooling trade. he would be a good addtion to this team and a young pg that can help back up jameer and johnson. pargo helped the hornets alot with the playoff run coming off the bench for chris paul but the hornets have decided to let mike james take over. Personally i like pargo he can shoot and has decent ball control tell me what you guys think

Reezy
08-06-2008, 05:12 PM
How much money does he want?

*Superman*
08-06-2008, 09:03 PM
http://www.nola.com/hornets/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-3/1218000088181860.xml&coll=1

idk if this link work but it says that the hornets will not resign pargo. im wondering what you guys think about signing pargo with some of the money we got from the dooling trade. he would be a good addtion to this team and a young pg that can help back up jameer and johnson. pargo helped the hornets alot with the playoff run coming off the bench for chris paul but the hornets have decided to let mike james take over. Personally i like pargo he can shoot and has decent ball control tell me what you guys think

The Dooling money is a trade exception not actual money. All we can offer is the bi-annual and thats 1.9 if I'm right. I don't see him coming here, maybe the Spurs.

*Superman*
08-06-2008, 09:04 PM
How much money does he want?

He made about 1M and is probably looking for a 1-2M raise IMO. The bi would get it done...but not here.