PDA

View Full Version : Dodgers are interested in A's Closer Huston Street

LA_Bron
07-22-2008, 07:02 PM
Just read this via espn insider rumors... I don't have insider so I can't provide the full link.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AsEh.ak7eIOrikaAxrs9IS2FCLcF?slug=rotowi re-ustontreetodgersepor&prov=rotowire&type=fantasy

It is rotowire, so take it with a grain of salt.

Personally, I don't think we need him... There are teams in the league who would drool all over to have Broxton as their closer. I don't think adding this RP would help us that much.

Opinions?

BlueMouse
07-22-2008, 07:09 PM
I wouldn't mind Street - he has good numbers on the road this year. It depends on what it would take.

UCLADodger
07-22-2008, 07:24 PM
NO NO NO NO NO! THIS IS A NED MOVE!

Watch Huston Street over his last few starts.... I HAVE! His arm angle is way down and some in the As think that there is something seriously wrong with him. DONT TRADE FOR DAMAGED GOODS!

nme
07-22-2008, 07:27 PM
I'm thinking bad call, especially considering that he's what, 24. yeah, 24 year old closers don't come cheap by any stretch of the imagination, and we already have one.

Shawh
07-22-2008, 07:28 PM
No thanks. I'd rather have Broxton in that role.

Mr Blue
07-22-2008, 10:45 PM
No thanks. I'd rather have Broxton in that role.Ned said yesterday that he had no interest in Street.

Scotch Johnson
07-23-2008, 12:16 AM
I personally think Street is a little overrated. He doesn't really seem to be anything special. However, I'd say he's an upgrade over Falkenborg (however you spell it), and Tronosco (again, whatever the spelling).