PDA

View Full Version : I think we can forget Fuentes

RedSoxRok34
07-22-2008, 06:59 PM
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/59070

if that's where o'dowds mind is at, theo needs to have his calls screened out

The Intimidator
07-22-2008, 07:05 PM
well, we had to know that the cost would be high for fuentes. i wouldn't go through with the trade, but colorado's not being unreasonable in this case. maybe they want clay so they can have two pitchers named buchholz on their team. :D

yaowowrocket11
07-22-2008, 07:09 PM
:laugh:

The next Billy Beane, perhaps???

Tragedy
07-22-2008, 07:15 PM
:laugh2:

This can not be true.

What is O'Dowd smoking? That's what I want to know. First, he apparently offers Matt Holliday to the Mets for Carlos Beltran + prospects, and now he wants Clay Buchholz for a rental reliever?

I needed my laugh for the day.

The Intimidator
07-22-2008, 07:22 PM
He wants to see if someone will bite...if the Yankees are really desperate to make the playoffs then maybe they will overpay for Fuentes.

NESports2004
07-22-2008, 09:55 PM
hahahahaahahahahahahah i used to feel bad for Colorado having a bad season!

Towelie
07-22-2008, 09:59 PM
Someone is a little upset about getting swept in the WS.

-Lavigne43-
07-22-2008, 10:29 PM
I can't stop laughing after reading that.

The Intimidator
07-22-2008, 10:43 PM
Well, the bottom line is that if O'Dowd's asking price is this high for every team who desires Fuentes, he's gonna set a record for hang-ups from opposing GM's.

ccugrad1
07-22-2008, 10:56 PM
I don't know why everyone is so shocked at the asking price? He is left-handed, which regardless of whether it is starting or relief pitching, is a HUGE premium; he has playoff experience; and I would argue that at this time of the year, relief pitching is a bigger premium than starting pitching. I truly believe O'Dowd can name his price for Fuentes and the Royals GM will be able to name his price for Ron Mahay.

The Intimidator
07-22-2008, 11:00 PM
yeah, he can name his price, but no one is gonna pay it.

Tragedy
07-22-2008, 11:04 PM
Someone is a little upset about getting swept in the WS.
And the fact that we stuck them with Larry Bigbie a few years back!

The Intimidator
07-22-2008, 11:05 PM
And the fact that we stuck them with Larry Bigbie a few years back!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I forgot all about that! Oh yeah they were friggen pissed hahahaha!

lil'papi
07-23-2008, 09:19 AM
I don't know why everyone is so shocked at the asking price? He is left-handed, which regardless of whether it is starting or relief pitching, is a HUGE premium; he has playoff experience; and I would argue that at this time of the year, relief pitching is a bigger premium than starting pitching. I truly believe O'Dowd can name his price for Fuentes and the Royals GM will be able to name his price for Ron Mahay.

Central Connecticut U?

Not a chance hence the no deals. He might ask it , in the end , if he is serious , he will have to drop his asking price. Do I blame him for trying, naw.
He needs to get real though in the next week.

Marte interests me. But not for Bowden or Buchholz or any prospect who's last name starts with a B.

Try Colon. Fuentes for Bartolo......

ccugrad1
07-23-2008, 12:12 PM
All I can say is that I think you'll be surprised at what some of these teams get in return for relief pitching at the deadline!

kazzy4080
07-23-2008, 12:47 PM
i think we should do this trade, it makes sense, we dont really have a shortage of rotation we got beckett, dice-k, lester, wake, and if we resign bortolo, also we got masterson and bowden. we need a bullpen arm, we should really think bout doing this.... NOT

americaspasttim
07-23-2008, 01:06 PM
First of all Fuentes is more of a luxury IMO. Second, Colorado can ask for this kind of return bc they don't have any pressing financial need to deal him. If they can get that kind of price, awesome for them. If they can't then no harm done...

Tragedy
07-23-2008, 01:27 PM
First of all Fuentes is more of a luxury IMO. Second, Colorado can ask for this kind of return bc they don't have any pressing financial need to deal him. If they can get that kind of price, awesome for them. If they can't then no harm done...
A luxury for whom? The Red Sox? It's a necessity. This Red Sox Bullpen has not done NEARLY as well as a year ago. Another arm is needed. Maybe Masterson will be that arm, maybe he won't. If he's not, we're going to find it very difficult come October.

americaspasttim
07-23-2008, 01:41 PM
A luxury for whom? The Red Sox? It's a necessity. This Red Sox Bullpen has not done NEARLY as well as a year ago. Another arm is needed. Maybe Masterson will be that arm, maybe he won't. If he's not, we're going to find it very difficult come October.

A luxury in the sense that Fuentes is higher end closer. We can acquire a bullpen arm that will be just as effective yet cheaper, whether that is a cheaper trade or a minor league call up. Fuentes is just too much right now...

RedSoxtober
07-23-2008, 03:34 PM
A luxury in the sense that Fuentes is higher end closer. We can acquire a bullpen arm that will be just as effective yet cheaper, whether that is a cheaper trade or a minor league call up. Fuentes is just too much right now...

Anchorage? Holy crap, you have had a lot going on... but I knew you couldn't stay away. :D

I agree that O'Dowd can ask. The market is totally in his favor at the moment. The big name pitchers went very early which will leave a lot of teams scrambling to fix the back end of the game rather than the front. I don't think O'Dowd is going to get nearly what he's asking for right now, but it'll be a favorable deal (particularly when you look at the way Fuentes' peripherals are declining).

BostonFan 53
07-23-2008, 04:14 PM
:laugh2:

This can not be true.

What is O'Dowd smoking? That's what I want to know. First, he apparently offers Matt Holliday to the Mets for Carlos Beltran + prospects, and now he wants Clay Buchholz for a rental reliever?

I needed my laugh for the day.

Theres nothing wrong with what he's doing. He's testing the market. If someone says "no", oh well. If someone says "yes" then he gets a great return....I see no problem.

americaspasttim
07-23-2008, 10:31 PM
Anchorage? Holy crap, you have had a lot going on... but I knew you couldn't stay away. :D

LOL yeah, 5400 mile move in the dead of winter. But yeah, couldn't stay away for too long...

RedSoxtober
07-24-2008, 08:41 AM
LOL yeah, 5400 mile move in the dead of winter. But yeah, couldn't stay away for too long...

My inlaws were up in Anchorage last week. Did you see them? :rolleyes:

Sounds like a great place to visit in the summer time, but moving in during the winter? Yikes. Hope things are going well.

americaspasttim
07-24-2008, 02:56 PM
My inlaws were up in Anchorage last week. Did you see them? :rolleyes:

Sounds like a great place to visit in the summer time, but moving in during the winter? Yikes. Hope things are going well.

LOL Winter wasn't all that bad, I honestly though Illinois winters sucked worse. We did get down to about 20 to 30 below a couple times, but it really isn't as bad as it sounds. The summer has royally sucked though, your inlaws picked a bad time to come up lol. We have had one day of sun in the last month and a half. However my brother up north of us has had 80s and sun all summer...

futureheisman
08-21-2008, 03:27 PM
would cost way too much

Tragedy
08-21-2008, 03:40 PM
And it's past the deadline.

Why bring up topics that are dead?

americaspasttim
08-21-2008, 03:47 PM
And it's past the deadline.

Why bring up topics that are dead?I can't forget about him, I think about him all the time. In fact I met someone yesterday with the same last name and all the memories came flooding back...