PDA

View Full Version : Nats, Astros, Padres Minor trade news, Chris Duncan DLed, Mather up

crowz
07-22-2008, 06:14 PM
Today the Nationals Trade Jon Rauch to the Diamondbacks for infielder Emilio Bonifacio. Also Cristian Guzman agreed to a 2 year contract extension. I'm going to say the Nationals have nothing left of use to us. Also Astros trade minor league righthanded pitcher Chad Reineke to the Padres for Randy Wolf. Lastly Chris Duncan was put on the 15day DL and Mathers was Brought back up.

redbird89
07-22-2008, 07:09 PM
The nagging pain in the neck outfielder Chris Duncan has been playing with and through for several games became too much to tolerate late Monday night.

The Cardinals placed Duncan on the 15-day disabled list with a pinched nerve in his neck Tuesday and prescribed the left fielder rest and treatment. To take his place on the roster and retain a power presence on the bench the club recalled Joe Mather from Triple-A Memphis

Duncan has also been slowed by a hamstring injury this season and a slump that, at one time, put him in Triple-A to rebuild his confidence.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/story/23B51BE4C96AD0208625748E0078D868?OpenDocument

Tkais9009
07-22-2008, 11:40 PM
well is horrible. Duncan is one of the only players i would love to trade and nobody will take him anymore cause he stinkin got injured right before the trade deadline. And Rasmus may have lost a lot of value as well. this sucks

RiffRaff
07-22-2008, 11:43 PM
A lot of the teams trading away players aren't looking to win this year any way so him being injured isn't necessarily a deal breaker ... although I admit it certainly couldn't help matters.

BradJackson
07-23-2008, 12:43 AM
well is horrible. Duncan is one of the only players i would love to trade and nobody will take him anymore cause he stinkin got injured right before the trade deadline. And Rasmus may have lost a lot of value as well. this sucks

you gotta do what you gotta do to not get traded, eh? ;)

redbird89
07-23-2008, 12:50 AM
You can trade a DLed player as a PTBNL (Player to Be Named Later).

BradJackson
07-23-2008, 12:54 AM
i know :p
i was just kidding.

though the way Duncan has been playing. he has lsot value in more ways than one.