PDA

View Full Version : Lester 2008 REDSOX MVP

PapelbonLester
07-22-2008, 06:00 PM
So far id say that lester has been our mvp so far and maybe should be included in cy young talks what you guys think?

Raidaz4Life
07-22-2008, 06:02 PM
hard to say with the quiet but effective year dice k is having

Wake's Fastball
07-22-2008, 06:25 PM

Dice-K's been stellar at pitching out of jams, but the number that he's pitched into is going to make me lose my hair quicker than I need. Lester's been very, very good this season, and has certainly, up to this point, exceeded any expectations I personally had for him. I'd say he's been our best pitcher to this point, certainly the most consistent, and, other than his no-hitter, has done it with pretty much no fanfare.

Raidaz4Life
07-22-2008, 06:35 PM
Dice-K's been stellar at pitching out of jams, but the number that he's pitched into is going to make me lose my hair quicker than I need. Lester's been very, very good this season, and has certainly, up to this point, exceeded any expectations I personally had for him. I'd say he's been our best pitcher to this point, certainly the most consistent, and, other than his no-hitter, has done it with pretty much no fanfare.

oh I agree 100% but as i said he has been efficient at keeping points off the board

kazzy4080
07-22-2008, 06:41 PM
hes the red sox cy young in my opinion, i think mvp is jd drew lol

RedSoxRok34
07-22-2008, 06:43 PM

dice-k's numbers are inflated. he's had real trouble going deep into games. lester has definitely been a better pitcher so far

Tragedy
07-22-2008, 07:17 PM
Lester has surely been the MVP of the Red Sox so far this season. It's amazing to see how much of a difference it's been for him from April (When he was still struggling a bit) until now. A complete turn around.

The thing that makes me so happy about Lester: 9 HR's allowed. He allowed one more than that in just 60 IP last year, so he's really showing how he's hitting his spots far better than before.

The Intimidator
07-22-2008, 07:28 PM
Lester without a doubt has been our most consistent pitcher, and therefore should be considered for the team MVP, along with Drew and Pedroia. He won't, imo, be highly considered for AL Cy Young though, due to the fact that he only has an 8-3 record right now. I know that you have to judge a pitcher on more than just wins and losses, but the fact that he has been screwed out of at least 3 or 4 wins so far this season will factor into the equation. He is on pace to go 13-5 with and ERA around 3.15, which is very good, but you need at least 16-18 wins to be strongly considered for AL Cy Young, imo.

RedSoxRok34
07-22-2008, 07:49 PM
Lester without a doubt has been our most consistent pitcher, and therefore should be considered for the team MVP, along with Drew and Pedroia. He won't, imo, be highly considered for AL Cy Young though, due to the fact that he only has an 8-3 record right now. I know that you have to judge a pitcher on more than just wins and losses, but the fact that he has been screwed out of at least 3 or 4 wins so far this season will factor into the equation. He is on pace to go 13-5 with and ERA around 3.15, which is very good, but you need at least 16-18 wins to be strongly considered for AL Cy Young, imo.

well, maybe he's got his "screwed" games out of the way and he can string a bunch together now.

agreed though, you need at least 17 or so to be seriously considered, even though W/L record is a truly pathetic way to judge a pitcher's performance.

GrkGawdofWalkz
07-22-2008, 08:16 PM

I completely agree, DiceK has been passed by Lester on my personal starting list. Lester, has become the number two at the moment. He has been more effective and was almost an Allstar this year. He's pitched a no hitter for the sakes of that cause on his behalf.

sboyajian
07-22-2008, 08:22 PM
Let's not forget.. this kid is mentally tough to.. this is his first full season back after a full offseason of full health.

Now that he's back he has to deal with his father now having cancer as well. I respect the hell out of this kid, even if I don't envy all he's gone through.

Brooke
07-22-2008, 08:51 PM
Lester definitely is the MVP, he is the only pitcher who has been consistent all season and it having a fantastic season so far :)

HM to Drew and Pedroia

The Intimidator
07-22-2008, 10:53 PM
The fact that Lester leads the team in innings pitched with 132.33 and has made 21 starts, all while posting a 3.20 ERA are better ways to judge how valueable he has been to this pitching staff. Hopefully he is able to string together a few more wins and get more consideration for Cy Young, but like I said before, it is unlikely.