PDA

View Full Version : The one player at the deadline that most covet?

In_Ned_I_Trust
07-22-2008, 05:46 PM
For me it's Tex I honestly think he could be had out of Atlanta, with Loney and LaRoche going the other way probably throw in some mid level pitching prospect also. However, I would ask to a timeframe to work out an extension, that would be the only way I do that deal.

I know this would create a hole at 3B but don't we have one there already?

TheBatchelor213
07-22-2008, 05:50 PM
Iono, I like Loney, he can put up big #'s. Plus tex will be $$$$ w/ the extension, something Loney is not right now.

In_Ned_I_Trust
07-22-2008, 05:51 PM
Iono, I like Loney, he can put up big #'s. Plus tex will be $$$$ w/ the extension, something Loney is not right now.

Agreed but Texiera would be that big bat we have been needing all these years.

knoxcrew
07-22-2008, 06:27 PM
Brian Roberts. I think he could play a very respectable SS for the rest of this year and then take over as our 2B next year.

In_Ned_I_Trust
07-22-2008, 06:41 PM
From Dayn Perry on who the Dodgers should go after:

Dodgers

Here we have an exercise in triage. This season, the Dodgers are receiving sub-optimal production from second base, third base and center field. Oh, and their closer and struggling ace are also on the disabled list. The ideal addition would be Baltimore's Brian Roberts, who would provide a mammoth upgrade, both offensively and defensively, over Jeff Kent. As for Kent, at this stage of his career he could be vaguely useful as James Loney's platoon partner at first, but he merits no bigger role than that.

GHGHCP
07-22-2008, 06:44 PM
For me it's Tex I honestly think he could be had out of Atlanta, with Loney and LaRoche going the other way probably throw in some mid level pitching prospect also. However, I would ask to a timeframe to work out an extension, that would be the only way I do that deal.

Tex wants to head to the East coast and will most likely be a Yankee or Met. Giving that much for a rental is.. meh.

GHGHCP
07-22-2008, 06:47 PM

Tex wants to head to the East coast and will most likely be a Yankee or Met. Giving that much for a rental is.. meh.

c2thab
07-22-2008, 07:08 PM
No Tex! Would rather stick with Loney. if we cant trade Pierre and LaRoche for a 3B and/or a reliever we should stick with what we got!