PDA

View Full Version : Gilbert calls out the cavs again saying he wants to go one more time

Mr swag
07-22-2008, 03:09 PM
"It's kind of funny when you think about it," he said, of the playoff disappointments. "Everybody says we can't get past Cleveland. Cleveland beat us one year, that was three years ago. The other years they've just been beating up on some hurt dogs. We just want to get our fair shot when we're healthy at the right time, because two years we showed what kind of team we are....We were rolling, we were top five in the league, and that's what kind of team we are when we're healthy. When we're healthy that's the kind of team we are, we're a top five team in the league."

Later, he explained what he had told his teammates after the season.

"You guys played the whole season without me and you guys made it to the playoffs," he said. "Tell Cleveland to play without LeBron. I don't think they won a game last year."

Mile High Champ
07-22-2008, 03:22 PM
Gilbert is an idiot, He is a terrible defender and should stop running his mouth and concentrate on actually playing defense better than a 5 year old girl and actually coming back from his injury.

Joshtd1
07-22-2008, 03:24 PM
If you have LeBron, Butler and Jamison Im pretty sure that team would be just as good, if not better..

Beno7500
07-22-2008, 03:31 PM
Sounds like an overrated, overpaid crybaby

JordansBulls
07-22-2008, 03:56 PM
"It's kind of funny when you think about it," he said, of the playoff disappointments. "Everybody says we can't get past Cleveland. Cleveland beat us one year, that was three years ago. The other years they've just been beating up on some hurt dogs. We just want to get our fair shot when we're healthy at the right time, because two years we showed what kind of team we are....We were rolling, we were top five in the league, and that's what kind of team we are when we're healthy. When we're healthy that's the kind of team we are, we're a top five team in the league."

Later, he explained what he had told his teammates after the season.

"You guys played the whole season without me and you guys made it to the playoffs," he said. "Tell Cleveland to play without LeBron. I don't think they won a game last year."

Gilbert is a funny man.

SHONIE
07-22-2008, 04:10 PM
He's an entertainer. Let him run his mouth, it gives us something to talk about. He'll continuously lose and continuously make up excuses before losing again. Its hilarious.

Lebron > Wizards. It's that simple.

*Superman*
07-22-2008, 04:17 PM
This dude needs to shut his mouth and show what he's got on the court.

Gilbert>TheRest
07-22-2008, 04:28 PM
dam gilbert ur my favorite player but just shut up already

Mr swag
07-22-2008, 04:31 PM
gilbert is the turth and he is right

Vidball
07-22-2008, 04:32 PM
How many times does he want to lose to CLE?

HOZ THE KNICK
07-22-2008, 04:35 PM
some people just don't learn...

ee
07-22-2008, 04:38 PM
Love it when players raise up rivalries.....For those of you haters, this is what NBA should be.....It makes things more interesting.....Cleaveland fans now hate Gilbert, now it's time to show it on the court and it's not like he doesn't have a point here, the wizards are a nice team when healthy, probably one of the nicest starting line up in the league.....

infamous
07-22-2008, 04:39 PM
Sounds like an overrated, overpaid crybaby
Yep he is. Excuses after excuses, he should shut up once in a while.

Jay22Redd
07-22-2008, 04:42 PM
he's making the rivalry even better

TheBatchelor213
07-22-2008, 04:46 PM
If Wash is healthy whe they match up with Cleve in this seasons playoffs (you know its going down) I got my money on Gil and the Wiz

myspace.com/thebatchelorspe

metfan88
07-22-2008, 05:16 PM
you gotta agree with the man they did make the playoffs last year without him, he may be a crybaby, overpaid man but he is right.
When james doesnt play a game cavs look like ****

infamous
07-22-2008, 08:41 PM
dam gilbert ur my favorite player but just shut up already
LOL!

CowboysKB24
07-22-2008, 09:04 PM
I don't think it was a smart thing to say. The Wizards talked a lot of crap all these years and it is not working. Maybe they should try and different approach. I like trash talking but when you really can't trash talk you shouldn't. Three years you lost to the Cavs straight. If you lose next time what are you going to say? Stop digging the hole deeper and just give the credit

JOSETHEALLSTAR
07-22-2008, 09:56 PM

hahaha that was nice

lakersinNY
07-22-2008, 10:24 PM
he should shut up and stay healthy

GspLAL
07-22-2008, 10:39 PM
he's making the rivalry even better

Aint really a rivalry till both teams win :P

HiphopRelated
07-22-2008, 11:04 PM
lol, gilbert just keeps catching L's. Dude needs to chill

JIDsanity
07-22-2008, 11:10 PM
Stop whining this is what rivalries are about

HiphopRelated
07-22-2008, 11:35 PM
it's only a rivalry if the other side wins sometimes

Chronz
07-22-2008, 11:54 PM
Yep he is. Excuses after excuses, he should shut up once in a while.

Not being fit to play is a pretty good excuse, unless you think injuries play no role in winning and losing....

Chronz
07-22-2008, 11:57 PM
Aint really a rivalry till both teams win :P

So when the Celtics were winning 8 championships in a row, Lakers vs Celtics wasnt a rivalry? How about Wilt vs Russel even though Russel was winning every playoff series against him up until that point.

To me a rivalry is any ongoing struggle, whether it be individual or team based if 2 players/teams meet just about every year in the playoffs its a rivalry. Most of the greatest rivalries including my favorite (Heat vs Knicks) were pretty one sided. Obviously the greater rivalries are close series and with either team winning a few but its not the sole definition of a rivalry.

bogdanrom
07-23-2008, 12:58 AM
He kind of stupid when he talks but he has some truth. If Cleveland lost Lebron they would suck. If Gilbert and Butler did not get hurt 2 seasons ago towards the end, I think we would have beaten them or come really close. He's stupid though if he really thinks that we are a top 5 team in the NBA. I say top 10 maybe, if we healthy.
1. Celtics
2. Lakers
3. Hornets
4. Pistons
5. San Antonio
I liked him better when he first came to the Wizards. He was quiet, and a better player. I think the only reason he does this is to keep the spotlights on him. He's like the cool kid who'll say anything to have people talk about him.

LakerzDQ
07-23-2008, 07:38 AM
Arenas is pissed because of all that Lebron hype. Gilbert Arenas thinks he's better than Lebron. I'm quite sure about that.

I don't mind players talking trash, it adds more drama into it all.

C-Webb
07-23-2008, 08:09 AM
I enjoy the trash talk - it definitely hypes their next matchup, but Gilbert, get off the "We Were Hurt" bandwagon. You have three potential all-stars on your team taking on LeBron, who has basically been on his own with just role players. Your team hasn't beaten him yet. If your only excuse was we were hurt when the playoffs rolled around, that is weak... Trash talk all you want, but don't make excuses. Show up on the court, not just in your blog.

MrBloop
07-23-2008, 08:46 AM
If you have LeBron, Butler and Jamison Im pretty sure that team would be just as good, if not better..

NO, REALLY!:rolleyes:

...srry I couldn't resist.

MrBloop
07-23-2008, 08:51 AM
I enjoy the trash talk - it definitely hypes their next matchup, but Gilbert, get off the "We Were Hurt" bandwagon. You have three potential all-stars on your team taking on LeBron, who has basically been on his own with just role players. Your team hasn't beaten him yet. If your only excuse was we were hurt when the playoffs rolled around, that is weak... Trash talk all you want, but don't make excuses. Show up on the court, not just in your blog.

No they have three allstars.

I think they're def capable of making it an exciting series, they have b4, but until they find some1 who can actually guard Lebron, they shouldn't be sayin ****t.

I think his statements would be alot more interesting if Gilbert was guarding him and vice versa.

midwestmadman
07-23-2008, 09:11 AM
They have been a top five team in the EAST, not in the League. Sorry Gilbert you might not even be a top 5 team in the East this year. Boston, Detroit, Orlando, and Phili, Cleveland and possibly even Toronto could be better than Washington this year. This puts you at number 7 if Toronto can stay healthy. Calderon will put up huge numbers this year, Jermaine O'Neal if he stays healthy you saw what he did at the end og last year, and don't foget about this guy named Bosh.

ZHawk1123
07-23-2008, 09:16 AM
If Gilbert Arenas somehow disappeared, it would be the best thing to ever happen to the NBA...

MossIsBoss
07-23-2008, 09:16 AM
Dude needs to learn his lesson, pissing off LeBron James and giving him extra motivation doesn't help anything

Mile High Champ
07-23-2008, 09:22 AM
They have been a top five team in the EAST, not in the League. Sorry Gilbert you might not even be a top 5 team in the East this year. Boston, Detroit, Orlando, and Phili, Cleveland and possibly even Toronto could be better than Washington this year. This puts you at number 7 if Toronto can stay healthy. Calderon will put up huge numbers this year, Jermaine O'Neal if he stays healthy you saw what he did at the end og last year, and don't foget about this guy named Bosh.

Not bad but the Raptors are a top 4 team in the east. They are better than phili because they have a better starting 5 and a better bench. Raps over 76ers. But back to the discussion at hand. Arenas is an idiot, WHy would the wiz want his sorry ***? why?

_Sn1P3r_
07-25-2008, 05:46 PM
Dude needs to learn his lesson, pissing off LeBron James and giving him extra motivation doesn't help anything

I agree. When they face again, you can bet LeBron is going off.