Raptors27
07-22-2008, 01:52 PM
Who are the Raptors going to sign?

Denverb2b
07-22-2008, 02:39 PM
I like Royal Ivey as a combo guard

Kreza23
07-23-2008, 08:25 AM
Hi guys, huge Raptors fan, but first time I've ever posted here.
I completely agree with Denverb2b, I really think Royal Ivey is a good option, and I can't believe that I haven't heard anybody else suggest him. Saw a couple of Milwaukee games last year, and he really reminded me of Alvin Williams, which makes it even more surprising that nobody else has suggested him.

RapsFan4Life
07-23-2008, 08:55 AM
we missed out on marcus williams, and we need a combo guard so they can see min at sg too otherwise they will avg less then a min a game ... i think we can trade AP and kris for kirk hinrich ... but if we have to sign it will be brown

torontosports10
07-23-2008, 09:05 AM
Why would we want Marcum Williams or Hinrich?? IT would have been really dumb to give up a 1st rounder for a 3rd string pg on out team since we just signed Roko. And im not a big fan of Hinrich and his big contract espicallly lossing our starting sg and energy guy off the bench for him

bartlett2266
07-23-2008, 09:40 AM
daniel ewing go duke!!!

hades
07-23-2008, 10:07 AM
daniel ewing
boykins
pargo
armstrong

not necesarily in that order but anyone of those point guard i think is a great addition.

carruthers32
07-23-2008, 10:30 AM
we missed out on marcus williams, and we need a combo guard so they can see min at sg too otherwise they will avg less then a min a game ... i think we can trade AP and kris for kirk hinrich ... but if we have to sign it will be brown

why would you trade a starting SG for a backup PG??? Dosent make sense.

JermanJaysFan
07-23-2008, 11:22 AM
Hinrich would be a terrible move- we would have a situation similar to the TJ/Jose issue last year.

I like the mention of Pargo- he is a good combo guard who can shoot the ball decently.

TERMANATER
07-23-2008, 11:45 AM
From all the reports I've read the Raps are happy with where they are personel wise and are looking for a guy at the base or minimum.The name that keeps popping up is Juan Dixon.He plays the 2 and has played a little bit of 1 in a pinch before - plus he knows the system and the players.Remember Sam and BC are looking at this as garbage minutes unless Jose or Ukic get injured plus they are jammed against the cap with JO's 20mil.I know if Jose gets hurt this looks like a mess but this is where most teams are or you end up with a jose - TJ scenario. It's the same in all sports - Goalie, Quarterback,Closers you can only have 1 good one or it screws up the lockerroom.

Cortez
07-23-2008, 12:33 PM
pargo or livingston
i still see a lot of potentail with both

Ragun
07-23-2008, 12:41 PM
lindsay hunter

A4L
07-24-2008, 07:33 PM
what about john lucus jr. ?

IversonIsKrazy
07-24-2008, 08:31 PM
I still dont think we need another PG, i think Roko will do fine as a back-up. Plus its not like jose is going to be playing 25mpg like last season, hes going to be playing close to 38mpg now. And i think Roko Ukic will do fine, plus it'll give us even more international flavour. BUT, if u really want another PG i would want to aquire either one of these 2.

Earl Boykins
-OR-
Jannero Pargo

nstojic
07-24-2008, 08:31 PM
so, ivey goes to the sixers for a 2 yr deal at the league minimum... ****! raps couldn't swing that??? he's got some D skillz too...

flyboy193
07-24-2008, 08:50 PM
so, ivey goes to the sixers for a 2 yr deal at the league minimum... ****! raps couldn't swing that??? he's got some D skillz too...

GrEAT sIGn BY US (SIXERS) RIGHT

ED IS BETTER THAN BC LOL :smoking::smoking:

Denverb2b
07-24-2008, 09:07 PM

Disappointing, he is a solid player at both ends and from what i saw last year with the Bucks he was really becoming known as a tough hard nosed in your face defender and timely buckets on offense. He is better than Adams and Dixon who the toronto media wants to sign.

Now there is still some solid guards out there to sign at around the same price range, lets hope we explore them and not just sign Dixon because Dixon wants to sign and the media pushing their agenda, Dixon is a bad choice.

_Sn1P3r_
07-25-2008, 10:09 PM
From the options, I want Daniel Ewing. If not, John Lucas III.