PDA

View Full Version : Packers have contacted multiple teams about Favre

socalpkrbkr
07-22-2008, 01:44 PM
Here we go:(

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8096f34c&template=with-video&confirm=true

newdude
07-22-2008, 01:54 PM
:mad:................:cry:

Cullksinikers
07-22-2008, 03:02 PM
I hate Ted Thompson. I'll get banned for saying what's on my mind.

Cullksinikers
07-22-2008, 03:03 PM
This is terrible, how Favre made his decision, and how Thompson won't take one of the greatest quarterbacks of all tim on his team, who proved last year he still can play.

hughest4
07-22-2008, 03:07 PM
I'm not really that surprised to see that. I think at this point they are just exploring their options and seeing what they could possibly get for him. If they were to trade him i think the Tampa Bay Bucs and New York Jets are the two most likely destinations for him

mlesnet
07-22-2008, 04:08 PM
actually i have finally come to the realization that its best that we trade favre rather than do nothing. they really dont want him on the team and said he could be a backup only for him to re-retire. they are trying to figure out what his trade value is worth, especially if he is only going to play for this one year and we could get a decent player added onto the team for our long term success. im starting to get more and more confidence in rodgers now. the thing i will say negative about this is if tt is dumb enough to trade within our same division, then he needs to be removed as gm. i would love to see favre back as much as the next person but you just have to put that aside and thing whats best for the team in the long run aka the next 5 years.

jwdaly07
07-22-2008, 04:25 PM
Finally just get us a resolution to this

D-PHINSfan4life
07-22-2008, 04:28 PM
Finally just get us a resolution to this

if you want posts deleted why do you quote it

LuCCi
07-22-2008, 04:29 PM
i do like ryan grant though

Martz
07-22-2008, 05:46 PM
I think we should relax a little bit. They wouldn't be doing there job if they weren't at least looking. They are covering all there options right now, and lets face it; I think most of us would be suprised to see Favre in a Packer uniform this season. I know all of us would be over joyed....but I feel the rift got to big for him to realistically come back.

socalpkrbkr
07-22-2008, 05:56 PM
I think we should relax a little bit. They wouldn't be doing there job if they weren't at least looking. They are covering all there options right now, and lets face it; I think most of us would be suprised to see Favre in a Packer uniform this season. I know all of us would be over joyed....but I feel the rift got to big for him to realistically come back.

Good post. I totally agree, with it. I just can't believe it has come to this.:sigh:

socalpkrbkr
07-23-2008, 11:19 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8370402/Report:-Goodell-tells-Packers-to-resolve-Favre-issue?MSNHPHMA

Martz
07-23-2008, 12:07 PM
Good post. I totally agree, with it. I just can't believe it has come to this.:sigh:

It's the reality of the beast. Brett probably will be in another teams colors. All the greats did it...Montana, Jordan, Unitas, you could even throw Hank Aaron in on that.

Martz
07-23-2008, 12:07 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8370402/Report:-Goodell-tells-Packers-to-resolve-Favre-issue?MSNHPHMA

Can he do that?

socalpkrbkr
07-23-2008, 12:28 PM
Can he do that?

Good question, I've no idea how he could enforce his stance on wanting the club to resolve this.:shrug:

AMart717
07-23-2008, 12:34 PM
Who thanks they can just delete someones else's post whenever they want? Is this grop led by hughest who isnt a true packers fan? Its funny how you pose as a know it all when you have a Mat Ryan icon.... He BLOWS. but sticking with the thread topic Favre needs to reinstate himself ASAP no matter what Fing thing TT says. We all know Mike Mc along with every packers player on the roster, besides ARod, wants Favre back. Mike is backing TT up though because if he says other wise than he will be fired. Rodgers does have a future but he is being selfish to not make a public statement to say bring Favre back one more year. ARod knows along with every other TRUE packer fan (sorry Hug you love Ryan and he doesn't wear green and gold) that they need Favre to better their chances to the super bowl. If he is reinstated he will not be a 2nd string and earn the 1 spot in training camp. The streak of consecutive starts will continue playing for the GREEN and GOLD

iam brett favre
07-23-2008, 12:45 PM
What are you talking about AMart what did hughest do wrong?

Martz
07-23-2008, 02:33 PM
Good question, I've no idea how he could enforce his stance on wanting the club to resolve this.:shrug:

BRING THE COMMISH UP ON TAMPERING CHARGES!!!! can we do that?

socalpkrbkr
07-23-2008, 02:37 PM
BRING THE COMMISH UP ON TAMPERING CHARGES!!!! can we do that?

Ahh! Sounds like a great idea. Unfortunately I don't have the answer to your question, again. :bang:

hughest4
07-23-2008, 03:27 PM
Who thanks they can just delete someones else's post whenever they want? Is this grop led by hughest who isnt a true packers fan? Its funny how you pose as a know it all when you have a Mat Ryan icon.... He BLOWS. but sticking with the thread topic Favre needs to reinstate himself ASAP no matter what Fing thing TT says. We all know Mike Mc along with every packers player on the roster, besides ARod, wants Favre back. Mike is backing TT up though because if he says other wise than he will be fired. Rodgers does have a future but he is being selfish to not make a public statement to say bring Favre back one more year. ARod knows along with every other TRUE packer fan (sorry Hug you love Ryan and he doesn't wear green and gold) that they need Favre to better their chances to the super bowl. If he is reinstated he will not be a 2nd string and earn the 1 spot in training camp. The streak of consecutive starts will continue playing for the GREEN and GOLD

Who are you??? I don't even know you yet you accuse me of not being a true Packers fan and things of that nature. Boston College is my favorite NCAA football team and he happened to be their QB so yeah i love the guy. I didn't realize that being a true Packers fan meant i wasn't allowed to like other teams in different sports or different levels of a certain sport.

And i can delete any post i feel necessary to delete. Baiting, Flaming, Insults, Spam, etc...

Actually, i could delete yours for insults if i really wanted to

meandering
07-23-2008, 05:55 PM
Who are you??? I don't even know you yet you accuse me of not being a true Packers fan and things of that nature. Boston College is my favorite NCAA football team and he happened to be their QB so yeah i love the guy. I didn't realize that being a true Packers fan meant i wasn't allowed to like other teams in different sports or different levels of a certain sport.

And i can delete any post i feel necessary to delete. Baiting, Flaming, Insults, Spam, etc...

Actually, i could delete yours for insults if i really wanted to

a real power tripper huh? WOW

RcrkllrH2
07-23-2008, 06:27 PM
i got to go with ap for mvp

speaking of deleting posts cuz theyre baiting.....

robdizzle3
07-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Brett will probably end up in Tampa and I am learning to deal with it and now A-Rod will have a bigger spotlight on him because the Pack are picking im over Brett and I know I will bne watching closely but hopefully A-0Rod can come through for us but I would still love to have Brett

RcrkllrH2
07-23-2008, 07:12 PM
how come everyone is still talking about this whole situation when brett hasnt even filed for reinstatement?

shouldnt the trade talks, and release talks, this team that team and all that crap be curbed until he actually files?

cuz this is all pointless so far....

socalpkrbkr
07-23-2008, 07:21 PM
how come everyone is still talking about this whole situation when brett hasnt even filed for reinstatement?

shouldnt the trade talks, and release talks, this team that team and all that crap be curbed until he actually files?

I don't think it's pointless. Brett being reinstated isn't a problem. These talks can go on without Brett asking to be reinstated.

Brunner
07-23-2008, 07:33 PM
1st of all hughest4 is a great mod, so people need to get off his back for doing his job. He has done a great job of trying to keep order in this forum during a very chaotic time for Packers fans.

2nd, I hope to never see Favre in another teams colors, but it seems inevitable at this point. I just truly hope Favre succeeds where he goes. He deserves to be treated better, and I think that while the administration did attempt to bring him back initially, they should have done what was best for the team and brought Brett back again. I hold nothing against the team, or Rodgers. They will do great, but the way this went down still makes me sick.

newdude
07-23-2008, 10:04 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the reason is that if he files and TT&MM decides to keep him as a backup and won't trade/release him, then he is stuck. He don't want to be a backup and possibly will be angry and won't show up to camp, then he will be fine like $15,000 per day.

newdude
07-23-2008, 10:23 PM
Reports of Packers calling the Eagles

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=437581

It's a possibility bcuz McNabb and the Eagles r alittle uneasy with each other for past 2-3 years and u know Andy Reid thinks highly of Favre.

Martz
07-23-2008, 10:32 PM
Ahh! Sounds like a great idea. Unfortunately I don't have the answer to your question, again. :bang:

The answers will come...search your feelings Luke...wait what?

Martz
07-23-2008, 10:34 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the reason is that if he files and TT&MM decides to keep him as a backup and won't trade/release him, then he is stuck. He don't want to be a backup and possibly will be angry and won't show up to camp, then he will be fine like $15,000 per day.

Nope hit it right on the head there. I just wish he'd realize if he came to camp he WOULD BE the starting QB. No he wants everyon to suck on his....before he comes back. And then still start

hughest4
07-23-2008, 10:48 PM
1st of all hughest4 is a great mod, so people need to get off his back for doing his job. He has done a great job of trying to keep order in this forum during a very chaotic time for Packers fans.

Thanks man, i appreciate it and i try to do the best i can around here. You can't make everyone happy though, i have learned that. The last couple of weeks have been tough because my internet sucks and i can only clean up the forum at like 3 am...thats when it decides to work.

AMart717
07-23-2008, 10:57 PM
a real power tripper huh? WOW

LOL someone give hughest a hug. Off the topic Ryan had the luckiest prayer throw in all of college last year vs VT. If that play didnt happen Flaco would of been number one pick. Give me Brian Brohm any day over Matt Ryan. True packer fans get off the Atlanta train and come over to Green Bay just like the great #4. Get off your power trip bud

hughest4
07-23-2008, 11:12 PM
LOL someone give hughest a hug. Off the topic Ryan had the luckiest prayer throw in all of college last year vs VT. If that play didnt happen Flaco would of been number one pick. Give me Brian Brohm any day over Matt Ryan. True packer fans get off the Atlanta train and come over to Green Bay just like the great #4. Get off your power trip bud

I would hardly call deleting posts a power trip. Anyways, i would hardly call what Matt Ryan did to Virginia Tech the luckiest prayer throw in all of college football. He had one of the best drives of the college football season and was tearing apart the soft prevent defense that Va Tech was playing. Doug Flutie's pass was lucky, Matt Ryan's was simply a great throw.

I'm hardly on the Atlanta Falcons train. If you didn't noticed he is in a Boston College jersey, not a Falcons one. I'll watch him and follow him but you can be a fan of a player and not a fan of a team

AMart717
07-23-2008, 11:16 PM
I would hardly call deleting posts a power trip. Anyways, i would hardly call what Matt Ryan did to Virginia Tech the luckiest prayer throw in all of college football. He had one of the best drives of the college football season and was tearing apart the soft prevent defense that Va Tech was playing. Doug Flutie's pass was lucky, Matt Ryan's was simply a great throw.

I'm hardly on the Atlanta Falcons train. If you didn't noticed he is in a Boston College jersey, not a Falcons one. I'll watch him and follow him but you can be a fan of a player and not a fan of a team

If you read more carefully i said luckiest throw in college LAST YEAR. Unless im mistaken Flutie didnt thrown a college pass last year...

hughest4
07-23-2008, 11:22 PM
If you read more carefully i said luckiest throw in college LAST YEAR. Unless im mistaken Flutie didnt thrown a college pass last year...

I am well aware of what you said in the post before. I was just trying to show you a good example of a "lucky prayer throw" compared to a great throw. He rolled out of the pocket and threw to a wide open player in the endzone, thats it. I would hardly call that luck.

Anyway, lets try to keep these posts on topic and Packers related. Thanks

robdizzle3
07-24-2008, 02:08 AM
Reports of Packers calling the Eagles

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=437581

It's a possibility bcuz McNabb and the Eagles r alittle uneasy with each other for past 2-3 years and u know Andy Reid thinks highly of Favre.

You kno I was thinking about it but Mcnabb wouldhave to go down which isnt hard to see but its a remote chance.Maybe if we had to trade Fvare we can swap him with Lito Sheppard

socalpkrbkr
07-24-2008, 11:21 PM
Brett Favre-QB- Packers Jul. 24 - 10:24 pm et

Yahoo Sports' Jason Cole reports that the Packers are near an agreement with Brett Favre.

Green Bay would draw up a list of teams that are willing to trade for Favre, then he would choose his preference. "But it may take awhile," said a source. "The Packers are hoping that some team has a big injury and then is forced to make a deal." The source also says concerns about Favre's ability to pick up an offense are overblown: "Brett is a sandlot guy. What you’re going to do with him is find his 10 favorite plays and run those. Forget him learning your whole playbook. That’s not going to work."
Source: Yahoo Sports

Alex Marvez (foxsports.com) thinks that a deal will be done in the next 24 to 48 hours. Here's the link to the video.
http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-us&brand=foxsports&vid=94ce9f5c-77ca-443c-ba3f-af7efc423c23&tab=s192

newdude
07-24-2008, 11:30 PM
Brett Favre-QB- Packers Jul. 24 - 10:24 pm et

Yahoo Sports' Jason Cole reports that the Packers are near an agreement with Brett Favre.

Green Bay would draw up a list of teams that are willing to trade for Favre, then he would choose his preference. "But it may take awhile," said a source. "The Packers are hoping that some team has a big injury and then is forced to make a deal." The source also says concerns about Favre's ability to pick up an offense are overblown: "Brett is a sandlot guy. What you’re going to do with him is find his 10 favorite plays and run those. Forget him learning your whole playbook. That’s not going to work."
Source: Yahoo Sports

Alex Marvez (foxsports.com) thinks that a deal will be done in the next 24 to 48 hours. Here's the link to the video.
http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-us&brand=foxsports&vid=94ce9f5c-77ca-443c-ba3f-af7efc423c23&tab=s192

Oh hell no:mad:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:bang:

:drunk:

But I lol'd at this " Forget him learning your whole playbook. That’s not going to work."

XJW18
07-25-2008, 01:22 AM
:cry:

XJW18
07-25-2008, 01:23 AM
What you’re going to do with him is find his 10 favorite plays and run those. Forget him learning your whole playbook. That’s not going to work."

thats funny

socalpkrbkr
07-25-2008, 03:00 AM
You kno I was thinking about it but Mcnabb wouldhave to go down which isnt hard to see but its a remote chance.Maybe if we had to trade Fvare we can swap him with Lito Sheppard

Jul. 24 - 10:00 am et

Asked of the Eagles' potential interest in Brett Favre Thursday, coach Andy Reid said "(Green Bay) called and there is no interest on our part whatsoever."

Reid likes the guys on his roster. Though Reid coached Favre as a Packers assistant, there was never a chance he'd go to Philly. The NFL is pushing Green Bay to contact every team in the league so the matter is soon resolved.
Source: philadelphiaeagles.com
Related: Eagles

mr. burns
07-25-2008, 05:47 AM

brett won't file for reinstaement until he knows what team he will be going to. If favre files for reinstatement and the packers trade him to some lousy team that he doesn't want to play for, then he has to re-retire and looks like more of a flip flopper. The media would go nuts if favre asked for reinstement friday only to announce he'll stay retired few days later. This wouldn't be a flip flop, (he always said there were certain he didn't want to play for) but the media would make it look like one. which is why favre will wait to be traded before reinstating.

tking08
07-25-2008, 09:49 AM
too bad this will NEVER happen!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/photo/2008-07/41088526.jpg

lavell12
07-25-2008, 10:12 AM
Hey what would stop a team from trading for Favre but then trading him to the Vikings? I could see the Vikings trying to have some back room deal with another team. Say the other team gives up a 2nd rd for Favre the Minn trades a 1st to that other team.

DbOyZ_ILiVe4DIs
07-25-2008, 11:21 AM
I've never seen so many deleted posts.

Things should be resolved soon. It most likely will be the Bucs because of they have a solid team and Favre fills a need.

They'll trade him for a 2nd and a 5th.

socalpkrbkr
07-25-2008, 11:31 AM
Hey what would stop a team from trading for Favre but then trading him to the Vikings? I could see the Vikings trying to have some back room deal with another team. Say the other team gives up a 2nd rd for Favre the Minn trades a 1st to that other team.

That's why you have to write up specific conditions to the contract. Something in the contract stating that the team that gets Brett cannot turn around and trade him to any team in the NFC North.

DbOyZ_ILiVe4DIs
07-25-2008, 12:32 PM
Favre has permission to speak to the JETS!!
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3504613

Martz
07-25-2008, 12:50 PM
There are so many stories ging around...i don't even know who to believe anymore. One says he's going to Green Bay, another to Tampa, now the Jets are in on it after one report said the jets didn't want him....WHAT IS GOING ON!

socalpkrbkr
07-25-2008, 12:53 PM
Hmm, interesting to say the least. Maybe he is coming to camp just to be traded.:( I just don't understand why though. Why would he come to camp when he doesn't need to? I'm still going to hold on to the hope I do have for now.

Martz
07-25-2008, 01:03 PM
Something to note. He hasn't sold his house, or moved any of his furniture or cars in his green bay home. Take that for what its worht.

socalpkrbkr
07-25-2008, 01:07 PM
Something to note. He hasn't sold his house, or moved any of his furniture or cars in his green bay home. Take that for what its worht.

You know it, I know it and I'm pretty sure the whole country knows that Brett wants to be a Green Bay Packer.

lavell12
07-25-2008, 04:35 PM
I think the best thing to happen would be somehow Aaron Rodgers gets another one of his injuries during the first day of camp.

lavell12
07-25-2008, 04:36 PM
Brett Wants to win, no way he would be okay with the Jets or Dolphins.

iam brett favre
07-25-2008, 04:40 PM
KFFL reported that Favre has no interest in playing for the Jets.

Ryan Diesel
07-25-2008, 05:22 PM
Yeah Thompson giving the Jets permission to talk to Favre is just another slap in the face to Brett. It's the same thing as telling him he'll be the backup if he comes back. He's just sayin, sure, we'll give teams permission to talk to you. How bout the Jets? I bet they would give the Dolphins or any other horrible team permission as well. I just hope Brett shows up to camp. All the veterans will be pissed off if he shows up and they make Favre a backup.

Martz
07-25-2008, 05:41 PM
Yeah Thompson giving the Jets permission to talk to Favre is just another slap in the face to Brett. It's the same thing as telling him he'll be the backup if he comes back. He's just sayin, sure, we'll give teams permission to talk to you. How bout the Jets? I bet they would give the Dolphins or any other horrible team permission as well. I just hope Brett shows up to camp. All the veterans will be pissed off if he shows up and they make Favre a backup.

Ah...yeah? why trade him to someone who can hurt us later? Come on even TT haters have to admit that sending Brett to a team that could hurt us is bad idea.

Ryan Diesel
07-25-2008, 05:56 PM
Yeah but he knows Brett won't play for the Jets, thats the only reason he gave them permission.

socalpkrbkr
07-25-2008, 05:57 PM
ESPN's Michael Smith reports that the Packers are asking for a first-round pick as compensation for Brett Favre, and that it's believed no one will meet their price.

It doesn't hurt to ask, but the Packers will probably come down off that price. They seem motivated to move Favre, and aren't dealing from a position of strength. The Bucs and Jets reportedly have received permission to talk to the Packers.

Brooke
07-25-2008, 06:02 PM
KFFL reported that Favre has no interest in playing for the Jets.

Yeah I didn't think he would

ESPN's Michael Smith reports that the Packers are asking for a first-round pick as compensation for Brett Favre, and that it's believed no one will meet their price.

If that is what they are asking, it won't happen no matter how good Favre is

SamG187
07-25-2008, 06:02 PM
I would obviously want Favre back on the Pack but if I had a preference to where he went it would have to be the Jets, I would love to see him knock Brady off his high horse in that division

Packersfan
07-26-2008, 01:38 AM
favre doesnt want 2 play for the jets, and the packers shouldnt trade him...it would hurt his legacy more than it is already. He should compete for the job, he could beat aaron 4 it in camp.

socalpkrbkr
07-26-2008, 02:13 PM
Though the Bucs deny that they've spoken to the Packers about Brett Favre, the Jets have held preliminary trade discussions with Green Bay.

The Jets and Packers have talked about potential draft-pick compensation and Favre's contract status. The Packers then suggested that the Jets talk to Favre to gauge his interest, but the team hadn't contacted him as of Friday night. Despite the Bucs denials, head coach Jon Gruden would not say unequivocally that the team had no interest in Favre.

source: New York Daily News

socalpkrbkr
07-26-2008, 05:17 PM
The Newark Star-Ledger reports that the chance of the Jets acquiring Brett Favre is now "very remote."

Source: Newark Star-Ledger

wwfd1220
07-26-2008, 05:49 PM
The Newark Star-Ledger reports that the chance of the Jets acquiring Brett Favre is now "very remote."

Source: Newark Star-Ledger

for a 1st round pick. of course it is very remote. tt is doing this on purpose. i think he wants favre to come in and compete against rodgers. that way rodgers cannot get pissed about favre being handed the position. maybe tt has half a brain afterall.

socalpkrbkr
07-26-2008, 06:23 PM
for a 1st round pick. of course it is very remote. tt is doing this on purpose. i think he wants favre to come in and compete against rodgers. that way rodgers cannot get pissed about favre being handed the position. maybe tt has half a brain afterall.

Yeah that's what I'm hoping the plan is as well. I've been listening to reports on BSPN throughout the day and it doesn't sound like they think that's the case. Chris Mortensen said "I think Favre's priority would be, I would love to come in and compete for the job with Aaron Rodgers and the Packers are appearing to resist that."

wwfd1220
07-26-2008, 07:14 PM
well maybe he should submit his papers and head to camp. that is the only way we will get an answer. if you want too play brett, you have to unretire.

newdude
07-27-2008, 12:00 AM
Yeah that's what I'm hoping the plan is as well. I've been listening to reports on BSPN throughout the day and it doesn't sound like they think that's the case. Chris Mortensen said "I think Favre's priority would be, I would love to come in and compete for the job with Aaron Rodgers and the Packers are appearing to resist that."

For real? They r not interested in letting him compete? WTF? If thats true, I truly detest TT & MM.:mad:

socalpkrbkr
07-27-2008, 12:22 AM
Maybe that's why he hasn't sent that fax in yet for reinstatement. :shrug:

newdude
07-27-2008, 12:41 AM
Then why the hell won't they just let him go, wanting a 1st round pick. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This just made some of the good news in the past day total crap again.

socalpkrbkr
07-27-2008, 12:54 AM
Yeah my emotions have been a total roller coaster ride as well. MM said today in his press conference that Brett still wasn't 100% committed on returning when they spoke on June 20th. It's still on Brett to do something and sending that letter in is what he needs to do. IDK anymore, this mess is so frustrating to me, who knows for sure if he even really wants to play.

newdude
07-27-2008, 01:03 AM
Guess its up to him now, but he did sounded confident and willing to play though in his interview.

BigPapi04
07-27-2008, 01:17 AM
anywhere but the jets please.....I cant see him in that jersey..I wanna see him win, and the jets have no shot at all. **** ted thompson, bring brett back, brett made green bay a force for 16 years and your telling me he deserves this. Give the man what he wants, He can play better than anyone, and he will always be the face of the packers, why let his career end like jerry rices. let him retire in the green and yellow and let him have his one last shot.

hughest4
07-27-2008, 01:29 AM
anywhere but the jets please.....I cant see him in that jersey..I wanna see him win, and the jets have no shot at all. **** ted thompson, bring brett back, brett made green bay a force for 16 years and your telling me he deserves this. Give the man what he wants, He can play better than anyone, and he will always be the face of the packers, why let his career end like jerry rices. let him retire in the green and yellow and let him have his one last shot.

While agree with you about the fact that Favre should retire a Packer and never play for another team, i disagree with you about the Jets. I actually think it would be the best fit for him other then the Packers. They have a lot of good players on that team. The O-Line is going to be very good with guys like Alan Faneca, Nick Mangold, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, and Damien Woody. The improved O-Line will help Thomas Jones and Leon Washington a ton. Cotchery, Coles, Keller, and a red-zone Target in Bubba Franks gives Favre a bunch of different legit targets to throw to. People are making a big deal about them losing Vilma but in reality their D is solid as well.

The Jets have made the playoffs every other year since the late 90's so i don't see that changing this time around with Favre on their team

socalpkrbkr
07-27-2008, 02:28 PM
According to the Tampa Tribune, "it is believed" that the Packers and Bucs were close to agreeing on compensation in a trade that would've sent Brett Favre to Tampa Bay on Saturday.

The Tribune suggests that renewed talks Sunday may have been why Favre and Green Bay are at a standstill. In addition, beat reporter Roy Cummings says "it is believed" that the Jets are not bidding for Favre's services. The Packers are thought to be holding out for conditional draft pick that could escalate to a first-rounder if Favre plays a certain amount of games.

Source: Tampa Tribune

servais77
07-27-2008, 02:38 PM
According to the Tampa Tribune, "it is believed" that the Packers and Bucs were close to agreeing on compensation in a trade that would've sent Brett Favre to Tampa Bay on Saturday.

The Tribune suggests that renewed talks Sunday may have been why Favre and Green Bay are at a standstill. In addition, beat reporter Roy Cummings says "it is believed" that the Jets are not bidding for Favre's services. The Packers are thought to be holding out for conditional draft pick that could escalate to a first-rounder if Favre plays a certain amount of games.

Source: Tampa Tribune

I would guess if it doesn't work out with Tampa things could get a little hairy.

hughest4
07-27-2008, 02:40 PM
I would guess if it doesn't work out with Tampa things could get a little hairy.

Even if the Packers and Bucs work out a trade it doesn't mean Favre will go there. In the other Favre thread i just posted in there was quote from him saying that he wouldn't mind getting traded but he doesn't want to get traded to the Jets or Bucs

servais77
07-27-2008, 02:44 PM
Even if the Packers and Bucs work out a trade it doesn't mean Favre will go there. In the other Favre thread i just posted in there was quote from him saying that he wouldn't mind getting traded but he doesn't want to get traded to the Jets or Bucs

I think Tampa is a distant second to Minnesota for Brett...I think him and Chucky would make it work. Warm weather, good team with a lot of veterans. Probably less pressure than Minnesota. It makes sense.

Brooke
07-27-2008, 02:46 PM
there is a better chance of him going to Tampa than to the Jets

I gotta say if he does goes to Tampa, week 4 should be interesting

wwfd1220
07-27-2008, 07:02 PM
he doesnt want to play in tampa. he wants to play in minnesota obviously. and he will get his wish very soon i think. it is at a point now where tt almost has to just release him

socalpkrbkr
07-28-2008, 07:12 PM
Asked Monday if he'd ever consider trading Brett Favre to another NFC North club, Packers GM Ted Thompson replied "No."

The only way Favre would get to Chicago, Minnesota, or Detroit is via release, and the Packers aren't going that route. "To just offer a blanket release and just relinquishing all the club’s rights, to me, doesn’t make good business sense," Thompson said.

Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune

SamG187
07-28-2008, 07:35 PM
Like I said before this is kind of off the wall and not a chance but I dont see why Arizona isnt in the running, like I said before they would be insane to think Leinhart or Warner would get more than 7 wins...And imagine if you paired
Favre with Fitz and Bolden..That would be scary..Plus what we want is a good veteran backup and they could give us Warner and a pick

wwfd1220
07-28-2008, 07:41 PM
i dont think that az has the cap room to accomodate favre. i thought i heard they are capped tight somewhere

SamG187
07-28-2008, 07:45 PM
i dont think that az has the cap room to accomodate favre. i thought i heard they are capped tight somewhere

Ohh that would make sense then

socalpkrbkr
07-28-2008, 07:46 PM
Like I said before this is kind of off the wall and not a chance but I dont see why Arizona isnt in the running, like I said before they would be insane to think Leinhart or Warner would get more than 7 wins...And imagine if you paired
Favre with Fitz and Bolden..That would be scary..Plus what we want is a good veteran backup and they could give us Warner and a pick

I haven't heard the Cardinals mentioned at all. Doesn't seem like a bad idea. I know Warner isn't even a shell of his former MVP self but he could/is a decent insurance piece. If the draft pick was a first rounder, then hell yeah it sounds good.

No this doesn't mean I want to trade Brett Favre either....:mad:

SamG187
07-28-2008, 07:59 PM
I haven't heard the Cardinals mentioned at all. Doesn't seem like a bad idea. I know Warner isn't even a shell of his former MVP self but he could/is a decent insurance piece. If the draft pick was a first rounder, then hell yeah it sounds good.

No this doesn't mean I want to trade Brett Favre either....:mad:

Yea exactly, and were not gonna get a first rounder for him, PERIOD! So to be realistic Warner and a 3rd rounder or something like that would be about the best value we could get for him

hughest4
07-28-2008, 11:15 PM
Yeah, i think that cap is the reason that the Cardinals aren't in the trade talks. If we were able to get Warner and a 2nd i would do it, but anything less then that and i wouldn't. Kurt Warner is still an excellent passer and he would do well here. He has no mobility and can't really avoid sacks but luckily for him he would have a pretty good O-Line in front of him

SamG187
07-29-2008, 12:38 AM
Yeah, i think that cap is the reason that the Cardinals aren't in the trade talks. If we were able to get Warner and a 2nd i would do it, but anything less then that and i wouldn't. Kurt Warner is still an excellent passer and he would do well here. He has no mobility and can't really avoid sacks but luckily for him he would have a pretty good O-Line in front of him

Yea a lot better than AZ, but that might be another reason Favre might not want to go there is because of a weak O line but he get rid of the ball so quick I dont think it matter as much as Warner or Leinhart

kombayn
07-29-2008, 02:33 AM
I think it's going to be a tug of war between Favre and the front office until the owner gets involved. I personally think it's going to be the Bucs or the Jets, they are the only teams you're hearing about. I'm sure all the NFC North teams made offers but the Packers responded to them that they wanted "2 first round picks". I think Favre goes to the Jets, I think the Packers won't budge on a 1st from the Bucs because Jeff Garcia would get released. I think they're more willing to take a 2nd round pick and 5th round pick from the Jets because the only way they face Brett Favre is in the Super Bowl and we're not going to see Packers/Jets.

hughest4
07-29-2008, 09:10 AM
I think it's going to be a tug of war between Favre and the front office until the owner gets involved. I personally think it's going to be the Bucs or the Jets, they are the only teams you're hearing about. I'm sure all the NFC North teams made offers but the Packers responded to them that they wanted "2 first round picks". I think Favre goes to the Jets, I think the Packers won't budge on a 1st from the Bucs because Jeff Garcia would get released. I think they're more willing to take a 2nd round pick and 5th round pick from the Jets because the only way they face Brett Favre is in the Super Bowl and we're not going to see Packers/Jets.

I agree with you here. TT flat out said that there was no way they would trade him to a NFC North team. Originally i thought the Jets would be the best fit and most likely destination but who knows. Does Favre want to go there? Thats what it really comes down to

JOE WE WANT 27
07-29-2008, 10:39 PM
any chance he goes to the jets

newdude
07-29-2008, 10:49 PM
Maybe, if their offer is good enough for TT.

junior_trane
07-29-2008, 11:27 PM
He should go to Miami or Atlanta

socalpkrbkr
08-06-2008, 12:15 PM
According to Brett Favre's agent, Favre is willing to play for either the Jets or the Buccaneers, and he hopes a trade is completed by Thursday at the latest.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=442699

socalpkrbkr
08-06-2008, 09:43 PM
Peter King of SI.com reports that the Jets are offering a conditional third-round pick for Brett Favre "that could rise to a first-round draft choice depending on the team's performance and how well Favre plays."

As I've already said in the past, if he must be dealt this would be the best fit IMO. It's a different conference and we wont have to face him. I don't think that there's a great chance of the Packers and Jets meeting in the Super Bowl.