PDA

View Full Version : Krzyzewski Using Resume, Experience To Meld Team USA

ktrain203
07-22-2008, 01:27 PM
I don't care what anybody says, there's no way anybody would really want Mike Krzyzewski's job this summer. Sure you'd get to work with the greatest basketball players on the planet and have a free trip to Beijing, but the honeymoon would be over the first time you had to pull Kobe out of a game or tell LeBron to stop shooting and start passing. The man's a legend in the college game, but I can't think that holds a lot of weight with the guys he's got on his roster right now (many of whom didn't even make a stop in college). That being said, it seems like he's doing a good job so far earning the guys respect and implementing his game plan.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/coac ... ng-players

It all could of course just be a bunch of rah rah USA crap, but I buy into some of what's said. He does have a strong resume of success, even if it's not on the professional level and it's gotta help to have a former Dukie (Boozer) on the team. Still though, if there's a close game or a key play, I'm putting all of my money on Kobe, LeBron, Wade or Kidd making the call on the court as opposed to looking over for instruction from the coach. At the end of the day, it's the players team.