Juan Dixon, Walter Herrmann, Lindsey Hunter, Theo Ratliff
David Harrison, Andre Owens, Flip Murray, Kareem Rush, Quinton Ross
Blake Ahearn, Earl Barron, Ricky Davis, Alonzo Mourning, Jason Williams
Royal Ivey, Michael Ruffin, Awvee Storey, Jake Voskuhl
Darrell Armstrong, Chris Andersen, Ryan Bowen, Jannero Pargo, Bonzi Wells
Fred Jones, Randolph Morris, Carlos Arroyo, Maurice Evans, Adonal Foyle
Pat Garrity, Michael Finley, Robert Horry, DerMarr Johnson
Damon Stoudamire, Kurt Thomas

Of that list with the money we have left and the likelyhood we are looking for a pg or combo guard I think the best solutions we can hope for would be one of,

earl boykins
devin brown
flip murray
royal ivey
darrell armstrong
carlos arroyo
michael finley
damon stoudimire

Doug Smith keeps bringing up Juan Dixon but I think with the amount of players available for around the same price range or a little more I would want the ones I list before him. Matter of fact I wouldnt want Juan Dixon back at all, I think he is undersized at the two and doesnt have the skills as a passing pg, plus Mitchell overused him before and im sure it would happen again much to the detriment of the team because he brings nothing to the table other than chucking.

mjt20mik
07-22-2008, 01:56 PM
I wouldn't mind having hunter back. He's a pretty solid defender.

Denverb2b
07-22-2008, 02:06 PM
I wouldn't mind having hunter back. He's a pretty solid defender.

The player that most intrigues me is Royal Ivey, he can play both PG and SG, has good size and is a solid hard nosed defender.

Raptors27
07-22-2008, 02:08 PM
Let's just get Ricky Davis and all of our problems are solved. He can run the point if necessary he can score and slash. He is a better Delfino...HAHA

blujaysrock
07-22-2008, 02:08 PM
id like to see little earl boykins a raptor

Denverb2b
07-22-2008, 02:10 PM
Let's just get Ricky Davis and all of our problems are solved. He can run the point if necessary he can score and slash. He is a better Delfino...HAHA

I think Davis would be asking for more than we can pay, plus there isnt a player I hate more than Ricky AKA Buckets Davis. Honestly if the raptors signed him I might stop watching them after never missing one raptor game since they joined the NBA.

Halladay
07-22-2008, 02:34 PM
Guards-Jannero Pargo is a solid guard I've liked for a while now, he could fill in nicely off the bench.
Armstrong is another solid veteran guard who can still get it done.
Carlos Arroyo is another capable guard along with Lindsey Hunter.

Even though we're probably done getting big men I've always wanted to see Theo Ratliff in a Raps uniform, he'd be a great pickup especially for the playoffs.

I'd be happy with any of these guys. I think Boykins would also be solid but he probably wants too much money.

Raptors27
07-22-2008, 03:33 PM
Yeah Pargo ot Arroyo would be good.

khanraymond
07-22-2008, 05:04 PM
I think Armstrong and Ratliff are both probable if they can move someone.

Nets just moved Williams to GS for a 2nd rounder - cut couple mill off their budget. Not sure why Raptors couldn't do the same with Humphries. While I think hes a great energy guy - I would prefer the experience now that it seems like the Raptors are making a championship push.

Humphries is making alittle more than 3 million - which is about the cost of both Armstrong and Ratliff combined.

I know the Clipper's could use some extra bodies.

Also, if they did that - that would still allow them to sign another player for around 2 million. I think gambling on Livingston is well worth it. if it doesn't work out - you still have Calderon, Ukic, Armstrong, Parker, Kapono and Adams at the guard spots. But if it did work out, it would open up flexibility to move Kapono (who is a little "untradeable" right now since there is no other proven player on the bench).

Tom Stone
07-22-2008, 05:22 PM

Nets just moved Williams to GS for a 2nd rounder - cut couple mill off their budget. Not sure why Raptors couldn't do the same with Humphries. While I think hes a great energy guy - I would prefer the experience now that it seems like the Raptors are making a championship push.

Humphries is making alittle more than 3 million - which is about the cost of both Armstrong and Ratliff combined.

Also, if they did that - that would still allow them to sign another player for around 2 million. I think gambling on Livingston is well worth it. if it doesn't work out - you still have Calderon, Ukic, Armstrong, Parker, Kapono and Adams at the guard spots. But if it did work out, it would open up flexibility to move Kapono (who is a little "untradeable" right now since there is no other proven player on the bench).

Man are you ever sleeping on Hump....he led the softmores in college in scoreing and rebounding....every time he hits the floor he produces....rebounds and points...but he only gets very limited minutes...so it's hard to put up stats.....and he's auctually a power forward and we were playing him at center and he still did a great job.....He was our most physical center...put him at PF and he'll bring crazy toughness....when barg went down mid season hump picked up his minutes and instead of being 28th in the nba in rebounds...we were going, even to winning on bords over those games and we did good over that strech and it as all because of hump....go back and look up his stats when he auctually gets minutes and you'll see.

Halladay
07-22-2008, 05:37 PM
Man are you ever sleeping on Hump....he led the softmores in college in scoreing and rebounding....every time he hits the floor he produces....rebounds and points...but he only gets very limited minutes...so it's hard to put up stats.....and he's auctually a power forward and we were playing him at center and he still did a great job.....He was our most physical center...put him at PF and he'll bring crazy toughness....when barg went down mid season hump picked up his minutes and instead of being 28th in the nba in rebounds...we were going, even to winning on bords over those games and we did good over that strech and it as all because of hump....go back and look up his stats when he auctually gets minutes and you'll see.

Hump is a sleeper but explain to me what his college stats have to do with his pro career? College stuff is completely irrelevant once a player gets drafted.

RAPS424
07-22-2008, 05:37 PM
As Long As Hump Plays His Role...doesnt Try To Get Fansy.. Donest Try To Be Teh Number One Scorer... If He Just Rebounds And Put Backs.. And Once He Is In A Groove Maybe A Few Jumps Shots...when He Plays Like That....i Love Him!!!

khanraymond
07-22-2008, 07:53 PM

I'm not sleeping on Humphries. If I was, I would have said Graham instead - but the reality Humphries has more value than Graham.
Most teams have a 5 front line rotation - Toronto current rotation is Bosh, O'Neal, Bragnani, Humphries and Jawai.
I just would rather have some more experience than talent on the bench. We have 2 young, talented big men in Bragnani and Jawai - both of whom are slightly untouchable for the momment (which could change). So trading talent for experience would be beneficial with regards to Bragnani's and Jawai's development.

The whole point was that Armstrong+Ratliff would do more for the as a whole (leadership) than Humphries would do on the court (in his limited minutes).

But there is no question that Humphries would do more on the court than Ratliff at this point in his career.

star
07-23-2008, 12:35 AM

i hardly believe it was all because of hump ... he was still the 9th man off the bench

flyboy193
07-23-2008, 01:36 AM
Maurice Evans is the best option for yah with the money yah have

Cortez
07-23-2008, 02:03 AM
damn it
trade joey for cash or just let him do some maintanace so we have a little more money in our budget

Mile High Champ
07-23-2008, 08:25 AM
Why not arroyo, he would be a great fit for us. Bring him in, Welcome him back to toronto with open arms I say!

RapsFan4Life
07-23-2008, 08:59 AM

your dumb. dont hate on kris humpries he is an amazing athlete and for a white guy he playes with ALOT of toughness on his team and have jermain to train him in the post will only make him a better roll player maybe even a started one day

raps are no way making a championship push next season... still need more peices and experiance

Bob_at_york
07-23-2008, 09:42 AM
your dumb.
Starting your post with an insult is not a good start. Try not to do it in the future.

dont hate on kris humpries he is an amazing athlete and for a white guy he playes with ALOT of toughness on his team and have jermain to train him in the post will only make him a better roll player maybe even a started one day
I find it interesting that you brought race into this when Kris is actually a mix, half-white, half-black if I remember correctly.

hades
07-23-2008, 10:04 AM
i like the idea of having more veteran. magloire / boykins if thats even possible

jaysfan4ever
07-26-2008, 05:37 PM
we don't have the roster space to sign both a big man and 3rd-string pg... the 3rd-string pg is a necessity (unless there are good ones as FAs during the season), so we can't improve our bench for our frontcourt, which is WAY too inexperienced to make a push for the championship. I don't think you can count on jawai to be consistent as a rookie, and bargnani is still learning the game, so he won't be consistent as well. Hump is most consistent bench player that we have, because bargnani is a liability on defence.
we need to dump joey g, because he just does not have the basketball IQ to play for a winning team. Yes, he has potential, but if we want to win now, he's gotta go, to make room for a veteran big man, who can help with leadership and team chemistry.