PDA

View Full Version : Allen Iverson Anyone?

Tmac to da rack
07-22-2008, 01:01 PM
I read somewhere that if the right deal came for the nuggets that There willing to move Iverson, He can be our 3rd scorer, and will have a BIG 3! His in his final year of his contract worth about 20 mill. So will need to add Shane Battier who makes 7 mill, Bobby Jackson who makes 5 mill , and Francis and maybe another player to make this deal work, will throw in a 1st round pick. I would do this in a heart beat! Then resign Iverson for a 4 yr deal. What do you guys think?

Tmac to da rack
07-22-2008, 01:03 PM
heres the article from Our favorite site HOOPSWORLD! LOL

Report: Nuggets Would Trade Iverson
Posted: 7/22/2008 6:01:00 AM
Source: Rocky Mountain News

Marcus Camby has been shown to the city line. Could Allen Iverson be the next high-dollar player to be drop-kicked out of Denver by the cost-cutting Nuggets?

Indications are the Nuggets would trade Iverson if the deal was right. They'd also trade Kenyon Martin or Nene, if anybody wanted either. And owner Stan Kroenke would be willing to deal the Rocky Mountains if he owned them and it would keep him from paying the luxury tax.

But Iverson has trade value. With an expiring $20.84 million contract, he would be an ideal acquisition for a team looking to clear salary-cap room for next summer in one swoop.

First, though, the Nuggets must decide what they want to do with their future. There has been no indication so far there is any plan, with the exception of Kroenke suddenly becoming very budget conscious and perhaps looking to start collecting S&H Green Stamps.

There's a slim chance the Nuggets could get under the tax threshold for next season. One way to do that would be to trade Iverson and get back a bit less than $17 million in salaries, although that figure could vary depending upon any contract restricted free-agent J.R. Smith might sign with Denver.

If the Nuggets are a tax-paying team next season, they almost certainly would be out of the tax in 2009-10 if were to let Iverson walk after next season. But do they want to let Iverson go for nothing, although that seems to be a trend these days (the Clippers may end up giving up nill for Camby)?

If the Nuggets want to try to carve out cap room in the summer of 2010, when the likes of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh can become free agents, then it might make sense to wave goodbye to Iverson for nothing.

jdillion
07-22-2008, 02:15 PM
interesting idea but ive never been a fan of iverson so i would have to decline this one. Yes, we would have a potent offensive team but we would take a hit defensely bc iverson is a undersized 2 guard an mcgrady is not the defender battier is, so for this to work our stars would have to dedicate themselves to defense much more which i doubt they would do

Jay22Redd
07-22-2008, 03:01 PM
I like iverson but i dont want him to come the rockets because he'd prolly make all our plans go wrong.

FOBolous
07-22-2008, 03:09 PM
impossible. we don't enough cap room for him. not even close. stop dreaming.

bball1217
07-22-2008, 03:39 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=366~11~3192~2834~2763~376&teams=10~7~7~7~7~7&te=&cash=

Rockets get: Third scorer and third star to complete our own big 3 and less players for the 15 spots open for next year.

Nuggets get: Three Expiring contracts and two contracts expiring in 2 years. Also they get a young PG in Brooks, A young SG in Head, a solid NBA starter in Alston, a vet guard in Jackson, and a hustle forward who is really good at getting rebounds in Hayes.

The Rockets, if Nuggets are interested in Landry, could replace Alston's contract with Landry's contract in a S&T, giving the Nuggets another young player.

Rockets Lineup: (With Landry substituting for Alston)
Iverson/Alston/Francis
McGrady/Barry
Battier/Greene/Harris
Scola/Dorsey/Harris
Yao/Mutumbo

Lineup (without landry in trade)
Iverson/Francis
McGrady/Barry
Battier/Greene/Harris
Scola/Landry/Harris
Yao/Dorsey/Mutumbo

I think with the second lineup, Novak could be trade for a another backup PG as the "minor trade" Morey has talked about or use the vet minimum on a FA PG, in case Francis can not stay healthy.

JordansBulls
07-22-2008, 04:00 PM
I read somewhere that if the right deal came for the nuggets that There willing to move Iverson, He can be our 3rd scorer, and will have a BIG 3! His in his final year of his contract worth about 20 mill. So will need to add Shane Battier who makes 7 mill, Bobby Jackson who makes 5 mill , and Francis and maybe another player to make this deal work, will throw in a 1st round pick. I would do this in a heart beat! Then resign Iverson for a 4 yr deal. What do you guys think?

Naw, not worth it unless the Rockets planned on trading T-mac.

t-mac1nukka
07-22-2008, 05:24 PM
as big of a loser tmac is labled, AI is the same if not more of a loser. all but one year of his career his teams have pretty much underachieved.

rancid8937
07-22-2008, 06:54 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=366~11~3192~2834~2763~376&teams=10~7~7~7~7~7&te=&cash=

Rockets get: Third scorer and third star to complete our own big 3 and less players for the 15 spots open for next year.

Nuggets get: Three Expiring contracts and two contracts expiring in 2 years. Also they get a young PG in Brooks, A young SG in Head, a solid NBA starter in Alston, a vet guard in Jackson, and a hustle forward who is really good at getting rebounds in Hayes.

The Rockets, if Nuggets are interested in Landry, could replace Alston's contract with Landry's contract in a S&T, giving the Nuggets another young player.

Rockets Lineup: (With Landry substituting for Alston)
Iverson/Alston/Francis
McGrady/Barry
Battier/Greene/Harris
Scola/Dorsey/Harris
Yao/Mutumbo

Lineup (without landry in trade)
Iverson/Francis
McGrady/Barry
Battier/Greene/Harris
Scola/Landry/Harris
Yao/Dorsey/Mutumbo

I think with the second lineup, Novak could be trade for a another backup PG as the "minor trade" Morey has talked about or use the vet minimum on a FA PG, in case Francis can not stay healthy.

five for one? are you ****ing stupid? Where exactly would all these contracts fit in Denver? Good idea though. Lets trade away five solid players for one ageing one, that could just walk away at the end of the season. Makes alot of sense.

Also will you ****ing people stop with this trade machine. it only takes account for money, not talent or common sense! I could make a deal work for Kobe, Lebron and Dwight Howard, Here's the line-up!

PG-Lebron/LMC/LMC
SG-Kobe/LMC/LMC
SF-T-Mac/LMC
PF-Dwight Howard/LMC
C-Yao Ming/LMC

*LMC=League Minimum Contract.

Who cares will pick up any scrubs to fill the bench. Who cares! With this starting five, will be Champs, no problem!!!!!

There should be a I.Q test, before you can register to post!

H Town
07-22-2008, 07:10 PM
This is my first thread so yeah! i was just wondering why dont the rockets go after Emeka Okafor? i mean we need a back up for yao an he plays center and power foward! he might be a lil expensive but hey its hard to find a average center for back ups now and days. let me know some of yalls opinions!!

The83rdWonder
07-22-2008, 07:15 PM
If Morey follows moneyball as he has, Emeka Okafor is going to be 3-4 million a year overpaid (he's looking for max $13 million with 15-20% increase per year), but there's no package the Rockets can give them. Scola follows Morey's $Ball to perfection and is underpaid by standards by 3-4 million, and the Bobcats would need a young C and another 4. Also, Okafor's contract is going to be too hard to trade with base-year compensation affecting a trade.

TMAC94
07-22-2008, 07:28 PM
wouldnt work without tmac and i wouldnt trade AI for TMAC

bball1217
07-22-2008, 07:53 PM
five for one? are you ****ing stupid? Where exactly would all these contracts fit in Denver? Good idea though. Lets trade away five solid players for one ageing one, that could just walk away at the end of the season. Makes alot of sense.

Also will you ****ing people stop with this trade machine. it only takes account for money, not talent or common sense! I could make a deal work for Kobe, Lebron and Dwight Howard, Here's the line-up!

PG-Lebron/LMC/LMC
SG-Kobe/LMC/LMC
SF-T-Mac/LMC
PF-Dwight Howard/LMC
C-Yao Ming/LMC

Who cares will pick up any scrubs to fill the bench. Who cares! With this starting five, will be Champs, no problem!!!!!

Calm down. For the trade machine, it is the same thing as writing who trades who but just says that the money works or doesn't, why do you care if people use it, it is the same as just writing who is trading who.

Also the Rockets will have to decide what to do with 18 players, assuming Landry gets signed, so this way we do not have to cut anybody and now we get 14 players for 15 spots. I didn't say this was 100% bullet proof, it was just an idea, I was just trying to find a way to get A.I. without giving up Battier. Would you rather give up 2 starters for him and Jackson for him:
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=11~976~376~366&teams=7~7~7~10&te=&cash=

It was just an idea you don't have to get so pissed about it.

For the contracts fitting in denver, 3 expire that year and 2 the next year and Denver is looking for cap relief, and there has been many rumors that iverson will be traded next, I know they are just rumors but that is why this was just an idea for a trade that I would like.

For the trade machine making sense, the guy choosing the players makes the sense, to me this makes sense if the Nuggets want cap relief. For the Rockets it gives them a vet who still averages 25ppg and 7apg, along with 2 spg. The signing of Brent Barry can replace Head's spot in the lineup, Dorsey and Greene can replace Hayes spot in the lineup, and using the vet minimum on another PG can fill the spot of Jackson. So IMO, this trade makes sense. If you want to make a trade that makes no sense on the trade machine, that is your fault not the machines.

Chronz
07-22-2008, 11:39 PM
Why would Denver want a bunch of expiring contracts and Battier when hes on the last year of his contract?

PG-Lebron/LMC/LMC
SG-Kobe/LMC/LMC
SF-T-Mac/LMC
PF-Dwight Howard/LMC
C-Yao Ming/LMC

Ill give you a hundred bucks if you can get that trade to go thru with the Trade Machine.

{}
07-23-2008, 12:12 AM
Hell no.

bball1217
07-23-2008, 12:16 AM
Why would Denver want a bunch of expiring contracts and Battier when hes on the last year of his contract?

Ill give you a hundred bucks if you can get that trade to go thru with the Trade Machine.

I tried, I don't think all of our player's salaries (the one's that can be selected), besides Tracy and Yao, add up to those three. We need to give up about 11 million more $$$. LOL

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1966~11~976~3192~255~3081~2834 ~2763~376~3018~1781~110~2384&teams=10~5~19~13~5~5~13~5~19~13~5~10~10&te=&cash=

The83rdWonder
07-23-2008, 12:16 AM

[url]

Whoops nevermind didn't see Tracy still on the Rockets.

pippsux
07-23-2008, 12:21 AM
Iverson will end up with 40 attempts and Yao will be lucky to get 10 touches. Iverson is one of the greatest, but everywhere he has been, he had been a ball stopper. Not a good fit.

rancid8937
07-23-2008, 12:40 AM
Calm down. For the trade machine, it is the same thing as writing who trades who but just says that the money works or doesn't, why do you care if people use it, it is the same as just writing who is trading who.

Also the Rockets will have to decide what to do with 18 players, assuming Landry gets signed, so this way we do not have to cut anybody and now we get 14 players for 15 spots. I didn't say this was 100% bullet proof, it was just an idea, I was just trying to find a way to get A.I. without giving up Battier. Would you rather give up 2 starters for him and Jackson for him:
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=11~976~376~366&teams=7~7~7~10&te=&cash=

For the contracts fitting in denver, 3 expire that year and 2 the next year and Denver is looking for cap relief, and there has been many rumors that iverson will be traded next, I know they are just rumors but that is why this was just an idea for a trade that I would like.

For the trade machine making sense, the guy choosing the players makes the sense, to me this makes sense if the Nuggets want cap relief. For the Rockets it gives them a vet who still averages 25ppg and 7apg, along with 2 spg. The signing of Brent Barry can replace Head's spot in the lineup, Dorsey and Greene can replace Hayes spot in the lineup, and using the vet minimum on another PG can fill the spot of Jackson. So IMO, this trade makes sense. If you want to make a trade that makes no sense on the trade machine, that is your fault not the machines.

LOL sorry for being such a dick. I don't know why, I just said what I did, instead of actually explaining why I thought the move wouldn't work.

Okay first off, I'd love to get Iverson, esspically if that could be done without moving Battier to me, SHOULD be untouchable.

Point is, Denver already has three point guards on there roster, they'd be bringing in three more points, and a undersized 2 and 4.

I'm sure Denver would be interested in a hustle player like Hayes, which every team needs. Brooks, has shown alot of promise in summer league, and he knows what he needs to do, to improve his game and thats his focus. Bobby Jackson has a nice expiring contract, and is still a solid back-up. Rafer Alston doesn't fit in Denver for me, plus Houston would need to keep a true point guard on the roster. Finally Denver already has a good verison of Luther Head in J.R Smith.

This deal would leave only Steve Francis as a back-up point to Iverson, who doesn't like playing the "1". Which I guess wouldn't be to much of a problem, as McGrady has become more of a point-forward, in the past years, still Tracy is more successful when he doesn't have to create his shots.

I'm sure this looks very jumbled, for that I'm sorry, extremely tired, but wanted to explain this now. I honestly don't know why I made such a big deal out of it earlier. I'd take the trade. I just don't see why Denver wants six Point Guards on it's roster, even to clear space for 2010, potentially amazing free agent class, there still stuck with this team for two years.

rancid8937
07-23-2008, 12:43 AM

LOL sorry for being such a dick. I don't know why, I just said what I did, instead of actually explaining why I thought the move wouldn't work.

Okay first off, I'd love to get Iverson, esspically if that could be done without moving Battier to me, SHOULD be untouchable.

Point is, Denver already has three point guards on there roster, they'd be bringing in three more points, and a undersized 2 and 4.

I'm sure Denver would be interested in a hustle player like Hayes, which every team needs. Brooks, has shown alot of promise in summer league, and he knows what he needs to do, to improve his game and thats his focus. Bobby Jackson has a nice expiring contract, and is still a solid back-up. Rafer Alston doesn't fit in Denver for me, plus Houston would need to keep a true point guard on the roster. Finally Denver already has a good verison of Luther Head in J.R Smith.

This deal would leave only Steve Francis as a back-up point to Iverson, who doesn't like playing the "1". Which I guess wouldn't be to much of a problem, as McGrady has become more of a point-forward, in the past years, still Tracy is more successful when he doesn't have to create his shots.

I'm sure this looks very jumbled, for that I'm sorry, extremely tired, but wanted to explain this now. I honestly don't know why I made such a big deal out of it earlier. I'd take the trade. I just don't see why Denver wants six Point Guards on it's roster, even to clear space for 2010, potentially amazing free agent class, there still stuck with this team for two years.

bball1217
07-23-2008, 12:51 AM

It's all good :D
I see your point, they would have way to many guards, but they traded Camby for basically nothing, maybe they would do this to...doubt it though

Jay22Redd
07-23-2008, 01:32 AM
lol i like this thread. so much anger

Wizard of O's
07-24-2008, 02:14 PM
impossible. we don't enough cap room for him. not even close. stop dreaming.

He just layed it out to how we would have enough cap room. LOL.

I wouldn't want this trade though.