PDA

View Full Version : Jose Valverlidge

KillerB
07-22-2008, 11:59 AM
Holy Guacamole i just felt Valverde needed a thread all to his own for his brilliant performance last night...I would compare him to Lidge but Brad is back to being lights out so if we can jump in the time machine to the 2007 edition of Mr. Lidge that would be more appropriate...BLOW this team up NOW! I'm sick of our anemic offense and horrid bullpen...hears a list of the guys we should keep...Berkman...If we can get rid of that fat horses contract now is the time, do you know how many more outs in LF and easy innings we would have just by getting a LF without Cankles...Lee could fetch some good prospects for a team that needs more pop...Roy for prospects as much as that hurts...Miggy for hopefully something decent in return maybe like a t-ball stand for Towels to hit off...J.R. Towels for half a bag of sunflower seeds would be a steal...Matsui why would we get this guy in the first place when we had Mark Loretta...and why does everyone hate Loretta and never give him playing time? Bourn is a joke nice pick up Ed at least we didn't give up much for him...let's see if Philli is willing to trade us back Lidge and Bruntlet...i mean they would be getting Oscar Villareal to so thats a pretty sweet deal...We are an overpaid laughing stock with 2 brain dead puppet masters at the helm...What has become of my beloved Astros? I long for the days of respectability and if we keep trying to patch the leak, i.e. Randy Wolf, the dam is gonna bust...thats why lets just put the dynamite under the bit#$ right now and blow it to pieces

richardle9
07-22-2008, 12:57 PM
im in love

PhillyLuver
07-22-2008, 01:44 PM
The Astros are kind of miserable right now.

Phils will take Oswalt :)

lilboytwister99
07-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Ya know, I laughed pretty hard when I saw the title of this thread. Valverde is turning into another Brad Lidge unfortunately. I agree we cant patch up any more holes, nor can we afford to trade any prospects we have left, which is...... NONE. Keep Berkman, but say adios to the rest of em..... even Pence. Pence wouldnt be with us if he had the chance to get paid the big bucks anyways. I see him going for free agency come 2010, when I believe is when he is eligible for a big payday.

Honestly, I do think the city of Houston would rather pay money to go to an Astros game to watch a younger team with little experience and give the fans something to talk about and look forward to as opposed to the overpaid past their prime team we do have. Sad, but true.

astro4life
07-22-2008, 04:32 PM
How about a "partial rebuilding mode"?

Keep the core players (Roy, Puma, El Caballo, and Pence) and Backe, because I love it when someone plays their heart out every game (remember the 2005 WS?).

Dump most of the other players (like Miggy, Valverlidge and Chop-sui) for somewhat high-end prospects.

Sign Ben Sheets/Jon Garland.

Then come back next year, better than ever.:D

lilboytwister99
07-22-2008, 07:32 PM
How about a "partial rebuilding mode"?

Keep the core players (Roy, Puma, El Caballo, and Pence) and Backe, because I love it when someone plays their heart out every game (remember the 2005 WS?).

Dump most of the other players (like Miggy, Valverlidge and Chop-sui) for somewhat high-end prospects.

Sign Ben Sheets/Jon Garland.

Then come back next year, better than ever.:D

Chop-sui :clap: LMAO

I wouldnt be so big on signing Sheets, but I definitely would like to see Garland join us. He may not be anymore than a respectable 3, but he can eat up innings and I think he will prove to be very effective with our club.

So keep Roy, Berkman, el retardo (oops I mean Caballo), Pence, and Backe..... hmmm yeah Backe was good in 2005, and probably because the three pitchers before him were setting an example.... except for using HGH and roids...... anyhow, maybe thats what made him step his game up. I might actually keep Wandy, he hasnt been too bad. He could be a big piece of the puzzle..... hes just young. SO a rotation with Roy, Wandy, Backe, Garland, and someone else..... doesnt sound too shabby. Sounds a bit more reliable than what we have now.

Besides, who is off our payroll after the season anyways? I think Ausmus, Wigginton, Loretta, Blum, Erstad, hmmm.....

Who knows

TheRedMarauder
07-22-2008, 09:00 PM
Ya know, I laughed pretty hard when I saw the title of this thread. Valverde is turning into another Brad Lidge unfortunately. I agree we cant patch up any more holes, nor can we afford to trade any prospects we have left, which is...... NONE. Keep Berkman, but say adios to the rest of em..... even Pence. Pence wouldnt be with us if he had the chance to get paid the big bucks anyways. I see him going for free agency come 2010, when I believe is when he is eligible for a big payday.

Pence wont be a free agent until after the 2012 season.

astros1981
07-22-2008, 11:24 PM
Holy Guacamole i just felt Valverde needed a thread all to his own for his brilliant performance last night...I would compare him to Lidge but Brad is back to being lights out so if we can jump in the time machine to the 2007 edition of Mr. Lidge that would be more appropriate...BLOW this team up NOW! I'm sick of our anemic offense and horrid bullpen...hears a list of the guys we should keep...Berkman...If we can get rid of that fat horses contract now is the time, do you know how many more outs in LF and easy innings we would have just by getting a LF without Cankles...Lee could fetch some good prospects for a team that needs more pop...Roy for prospects as much as that hurts...Miggy for hopefully something decent in return maybe like a t-ball stand for Towels to hit off...J.R. Towels for half a bag of sunflower seeds would be a steal...Matsui why would we get this guy in the first place when we had Mark Loretta...and why does everyone hate Loretta and never give him playing time? Bourn is a joke nice pick up Ed at least we didn't give up much for him...let's see if Philli is willing to trade us back Lidge and Bruntlet...i mean they would be getting Oscar Villareal to so thats a pretty sweet deal...We are an overpaid laughing stock with 2 brain dead puppet masters at the helm...What has become of my beloved Astros? I long for the days of respectability and if we keep trying to patch the leak, i.e. Randy Wolf, the dam is gonna bust...thats why lets just put the dynamite under the bit#$ right now and blow it to pieces

I agreed with everything but the part about Wolf.We didn't lose any value picking up a veteran for a guy who is going to be a career minor league pitcher.

astrotown
07-23-2008, 01:55 AM
People need to stop freaking out with this blow the whole team up. We all knew this team wasnt going to win this year. We are defiantely another 2-3 years away from competing at a higher level. Be more realistic with your expectations. Our pitching staff is Oswalt and Rodriguez and ?s after that. With aquiring Wolf hopefully he will resign next year and we will have a base of a rotation but still be 2 pitchers away. Our offense is a catcher(just drafted one) a 3rd basemen(wiggington sucks) and a center fielder (Can Bourn step up?) away from being one of the tops in the league. WE TRADED NOTHING FOR VALVERDE. Nothing not a dam thing. Chris Burke and Chad Qualls? trust me I wont lose any sleep over those 2. I keep hearing the astros fans say O we traded our whole farm system away, WE HAD NO FARM SYSTEM. None whatsoever. Troy Patton might be the only player in the whole dam system that got traded away last year that has any chance at all of being halfway decent. This is a process and its going to take a while. Now just let Mr. Wade do his job. Trust me we are much better off with wade at gm than timmyboy. Preston Wilson? What a joke.

benjaminlille
07-23-2008, 01:39 PM
Alright, I'm also Agreeing that we don't have to trade all of our players. The Players That We Need To keep Are Lee,Pence,Wandy,Puma,Oswalt,Bourn( If he can have a breakout year),Backe, And the Bullpen Who hasn't been that bad exept for Valverlidge ( haha) : so our starting rotation next year should be : -Oswalt
-Garland ( We have to Sign Him!!) ( Sheets would do it, but he's not signing in the NL central)
- Rodriguez
- Backe
- Wolf? Moehler? Another Guy?

astros1981
07-23-2008, 03:36 PM
Chance Douglass is now @ AAA.I'm wondering if he will get the call to the big leagues.