PDA

View Full Version : Prediction Regarding Defensive Tackle

PackAttack09
07-22-2008, 11:09 AM
OK, I wanna start off by saying that you people who say that it was Ted Thompson's fault for our thin defensive tackle depth at the moment are full of "it". Everyone was high on Johnny Jolly and praising Thompson for picking him up before he started using codiene to make "Purple Drank". So to say TT made a bad move picking him in the 6th round is rediculous. Also, Justin Harrell hurting his back lifting weights could not have been predicted by Thompson. So if we have those two players, DT is still a strength.

Anyways, I am predicting either a trade or free agent signing of a released DT from a team that is deep in that position, sort of like what happened with Ryan Grant (not that the production expectations should be the same). It's more likely this year than any other year for a trade because we have players good enough to play on a desperate team that we will have to cut due to where they sit on the depth chart (namely linebacker and corner). I agree with most people that if Ryan Pickett went down our run defense would be a major liability and if Daniel Muir, Colin Cole, Alfred Malone, or Conrad Bolston can't "pull their weight" we need to add someone. I don't think TT will go into the season with the DT in shambles, so we'll se what happens I guess...

PackAttack09
07-22-2008, 11:14 AM
I do want to point out that I have some hopes that Daniel Muir can contribute to the rotation. When we kept so many DT's last year, it made me think that the only reason we would keep a rookie free agent on the active roster would be because he showed a decent amount of promise. The jump that Johnny Jolly (6th round pick) made from year 1 to year 2 was huge, hopefully Daniel Muir can also make a big leap... I am really pulling for this guy to step it up.

4favre4
07-22-2008, 10:06 PM
We might just move CJ inside and start KGB.
Grady Jackson is a FA.
I think Rod Coleman is a FA.
Were is Cletius Hunt.
I hope we would trade for Casey Hapton but TT would not use a guy he didn't draft now would he ?

4favre4
07-22-2008, 11:37 PM
servais77 that was just wrong and stupid.

was not !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

newdude
07-22-2008, 11:50 PM
Also, Justin Harrell hurting his back lifting weights could not have been predicted by Thompson. So if we have those two players, DT is still a strength.

Harrell cannot stay healthy, everyone knew he will be injured at one point anyway. To assume Harrell will be good is crazy, we haven't seen enough of him to think he's good or bad.

hughest4
07-23-2008, 03:22 AM
We might just move CJ inside and start KGB.
Grady Jackson is a FA.
I think Rod Coleman is a FA.
Were is Cletius Hunt.
I hope we would trade for Casey Hapton but TT would not use a guy he didn't draft now would he ?

I honestly feel like this would be the worst possible solution. I love KGB to death and he has done so much for the Packers but i never want him to be a full time starter again. He is a liability against the run, and our defense is so much better with him on the bench during those plays

PackAttack09
07-23-2008, 12:46 PM
was not !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol i wanna know what he said

Martz
07-23-2008, 02:52 PM
We're going to continue to bring guys in and out as the game goes on. As far as who starts i don't think is that big of a deal because the guys right behind him play almost as much.

Packers Philosphy = Keep D Line Fresh for whole game.

The issue would be is who do they cut and who do they keep. I see Muir gone.

Smithy04
07-23-2008, 07:38 PM
Bring back Grady or start Jenkins at DT and give KGB his starting role back.

Martz
07-23-2008, 10:29 PM

:speechless:

wait what? for real? well i guess everyones entitled to there opinion. Good for you.

hughest4
07-23-2008, 10:38 PM

Like i mentioned 2 or 3 posts ago, i think this would be an absolutely terrible idea. KGB is a beastly situational pass rusher but his days as a starter are done. He is a huge liability against the run and that is something we don't need. I'd rather have Jeremy Thompson start i think

XJW18
07-24-2008, 05:36 PM
i dont think there gnna trade for one
i would like them too but i just dont think it will happen.