PDA

View Full Version : Partners put heat on D-Wade

Sports Illustrator
07-22-2008, 10:12 AM
Miami Heat player Dwyane Wade is feeling the heat from business partners after a failed restaurant venture. On Friday, the company D Wade's Place filed suit in Miami-Dade Circuit Court against Wade, accusing him of breach of contract. The Palm Beach Gardens company partnered with Wade in August 2007 to open D. Wade's Sports Grill. The lawsuit claims that Wade ``failed to meet his advertising and promotional appearance obligations.'' Those obligations included making appearances at least four times a year at the restaurants and attending the grand opening of each new location. The suit contends that Wade's failure to promote the restaurants contributed to the closings in Fort Lauderdale and Boca Raton and the delay in the opening of the Miami-Dade location. The suit also states that Wade advised the company that ``he does not intend to perform his future obligations.

From Miami Herald (http://www.miamiherald.com/592/story/612924.html)

noturnormalhero
07-22-2008, 10:33 AM
yeah i read this article today in the paper and was eh about it. think it was bad timing by his partners. he's here getting mentally and physically ready to play in the Olympics and they go ahead and bring it up now. not too sure what wade did or didnt do or what his obligations really were toward this business project..i just think it was bad timing. wade needs less distraction than what he's getting already. if wade is truly at fault, then these guys will get their money or be compensated either way, whether it's now or later. that's just my thoughts

fins08
07-23-2008, 09:17 PM
This won't help his chances of staying in 2010.