PDA

View Full Version : Raptors 20-1 Odds to Win NBA Championship!

RaPToR_FeVeR
07-22-2008, 09:37 AM
The Sixers made out like bandits in the free-agent market, improving from 40-1 to 20-1 after signing Brand to a max contract. A frontline of Brand, Samuel Dalembert and Andre Iguodala would wreak havoc in the Eastern Conference. However, the East as a whole is making a serious push up the odds list. The Chicago Bulls (30-1) and the Miami Heat (75-1) are on the rise after drafting Derrick Rose and Michael Beasley, respectively. And the Toronto Raptors are even with Philly at 20-1 following the T.J. Ford-Jermaine O’Neal exchange.

Source:
http://www.sbrforum.com/Betting+Articles/NBA/8458/cap-2010-free-agency-drives-camby-deal.aspx

Mile High Champ
07-22-2008, 09:57 AM
Interesting to stuff. Seems like fair odds considering all the things we have done this offseason and the things we have not done..Good find!

pebloemer
07-22-2008, 10:03 AM
I would love to see the odds on all teams to see how we compare.

Raptors27
07-22-2008, 10:41 AM
20-1 is good, but still a bit away.

ink
07-22-2008, 11:17 AM
Interesting to stuff. Seems like fair odds considering all the things we have done this offseason and the things we have not done..Good find!

Hey Mile High, I'd like to hear what you think we have not done that we need to do.

RaPToR_FeVeR
07-22-2008, 12:20 PM
I would love to see the odds on all teams to see how we compare.

The NBA odds haven't been updated since the Raptors' trade:

Los Angeles Lakers 5-2
Boston Celtics 7-2
San Antonio Spurs 8-1
Detroit Pistons 10-1
Houston Rockets 15-1
New Orleans Hornets 15-1
Phoenix Suns 15-1
Cleveland Cavaliers 20-1
Dallas Mavericks 20-1
Utah Jazz 20-1
Portland Blazers 25-1
Chicago Bulls 30-1
Denver Nuggets 30-1
Orlando Magic 30-1
Golden State Warriors 40-1
Philadelphia 76ers 40-1
Toronto Raptors 40-1
Miami Heat 50-1
Atlanta Hawks 60-1
Los Angeles Clippers 60-1
Washington Wizards 60-1
Charlotte BobCats 100-1
Indiana Pacers 100-1
Memphis Grizzlies 100-1
Milwaukee Bucks 100-1
Minnesota T-Wolves 100-1
New Jersey Nets 100-1
New York Knicks 100-1
Sacramento Kings 100-1
Seattle Sonics 100-1

So assuming that my source (as listed above) is credible and is up-to-date, it moves the Raptors up to the same odds as Cleveland, Dallas, and Utah.

Once the odds get updated, I'll post them up so we can get a better comparison view.

The Wise 1
07-22-2008, 12:34 PM
Hey Mile High, I'd like to hear what you think we have not done that we need to do.

He's probably referring to the fact we did nothing to make our wing positions better. This could probably be a new thread but who is worried about our wing positions? Off the top of my head I would be really surprised if there is a playoff team that has the wing position worse then us. I also wouldnt be surprised if we are right near the bottom of the league when it comes to those 2 positions. Parker is another year old and the way his defense regressed from year 1 to 2 has me worried for this coming season. Add to the fact that if 1 of Parker, Moon or Kapono get hurt, we are looking at Graham or Adams getting serious minutes. Man I hope Ukic plays how everyone thinks hes going to play.

Also, Jose, Parker and Moon/Kapono will be the worst perimeter defence in the league. Not one of those guys can stay in front of there man.

ink
07-22-2008, 12:55 PM
He's probably referring to the fact we did nothing to make our wing positions better. This could probably be a new thread but who is worried about our wing positions? Off the top of my head I would be really surprised if there is a playoff team that has the wing position worse then us. I also wouldnt be surprised if we are right near the bottom of the league when it comes to those 2 positions. Parker is another year old and the way his defense regressed from year 1 to 2 has me worried for this coming season. Add to the fact that if 1 of Parker, Moon or Kapono get hurt, we are looking at Graham or Adams getting serious minutes. Man I hope Ukic plays how everyone thinks hes going to play.

Also, Jose, Parker and Moon/Kapono will be the worst perimeter defence in the league. Not one of those guys can stay in front of there man.

Yeah, right after I made this comment I started a new thread. I figured it was wing players he was talking about. Add to the other thread Wise - http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249027 .

T.O-Fan
07-22-2008, 08:12 PM
if the odds havevent been updated tehn were defenetly better tahn philidelphia by a lot...were probebly top 7 now with the trade

IversonIsKrazy
07-22-2008, 09:29 PM
in the east. i think the only teams that r better than us are Boston Celtics & Detroit Pistons. Were pretty even with Orlando Magic and Philly. I would say were now JUST A LITTLE better than the cavs. THe teams though that i wonder abt 4 the 08-09 season are Bucks & Heat. I wonder how good milwuakee will be now that they have R-Jeff. And heat with beasley. But we are still better than those 2 teams. So i c raps becoming either 3rd, 4th, or 5th next year. If they get home-court in the 1st round, they'll go to the semis. But thas when they will get eliminated.

IversonIsKrazy
07-22-2008, 09:33 PM
O yah by they way u guys, do we have enough money to sign Ricky Davis?? He gets around 6.5m/year. I think he would help us a lot, cuz i think the signing of Adams was the stupidest thing i've seen BC do. If we get ricky, we can b better than philly & magic.

PG: Jose/Ukic
SG: Parker/Kapono/Adams
SF: Davis/J-Moon/Grahm
PF: CB4/Bargs/K-Hump
C: JO/Jawaii/K-Hump

deaner
07-22-2008, 10:32 PM
O yah by they way u guys, do we have enough money to sign Ricky Davis?? He gets around 6.5m/year. I think he would help us a lot, cuz i think the signing of Adams was the stupidest thing i've seen BC do. If we get ricky, we can b better than philly & magic.

PG: Jose/Ukic
SG: Parker/Kapono/Adams
SF: Davis/J-Moon/Grahm
PF: CB4/Bargs/K-Hump
C: JO/Jawaii/K-Hump

Can you fill me in on why you think this was a horrible signing?
Was it financial, team chemistry, or skill?

I personally don't mind it. He's a cheap athletic slasher who plays D and has a 50 inch vertical. The boy has hops and likes to take it there. I'm hoping he slowly works his was into the starting line up and gives us the flexibility to shop Parker and his expiring at the deadline.

flyboy193
07-22-2008, 10:40 PM
it is updated yah are equal with philly 20-1 chance

flyboy193
07-22-2008, 10:42 PM
if the odds havevent been updated tehn were defenetly better tahn philidelphia by a lot...were probebly top 7 now with the trade

NOT TRUE U DONT KNOW WHAT UR TALKIN ABOUT BETTER THAN PHILLY U FUNNY HOME BOY:smoking:

_Sn1P3r_
07-25-2008, 10:12 PM
Great that we are down to 20-1 but we still need that one little piece to win a championship. Don't know who but we'll wait and see what BC has up his sleeve.

cuzzy
07-26-2008, 10:29 PM
odds are not bad considering vegas never gives the Raps a lot of futures love.