PDA

View Full Version : Report: Nuggets Would Trade Iverson

phlp_bj
07-22-2008, 08:35 AM
Marcus Camby has been shown to the city line. Could Allen Iverson be the next high-dollar player to be drop-kicked out of Denver by the cost-cutting Nuggets?

Indications are the Nuggets would trade Iverson if the deal was right. They'd also trade Kenyon Martin or Nene, if anybody wanted either. And owner Stan Kroenke would be willing to deal the Rocky Mountains if he owned them and it would keep him from paying the luxury tax.

But Iverson has trade value. With an expiring $20.84 million contract, he would be an ideal acquisition for a team looking to clear salary-cap room for next summer in one swoop.

First, though, the Nuggets must decide what they want to do with their future. There has been no indication so far there is any plan, with the exception of Kroenke suddenly becoming very budget conscious and perhaps looking to start collecting S&H Green Stamps.

There's a slim chance the Nuggets could get under the tax threshold for next season. One way to do that would be to trade Iverson and get back a bit less than $17 million in salaries, although that figure could vary depending upon any contract restricted free-agent J.R. Smith might sign with Denver.

If the Nuggets are a tax-paying team next season, they almost certainly would be out of the tax in 2009-10 if were to let Iverson walk after next season. But do they want to let Iverson go for nothing, although that seems to be a trend these days (the Clippers may end up giving up nill for Camby)?

If the Nuggets want to try to carve out cap room in the summer of 2010, when the likes of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh can become free agents, then it might make sense to wave goodbye to Iverson for nothing.

http://blogs.rockymountainnews.com/nuggets/archives/2008/07/will_iverson_be.html

JordansBulls
07-22-2008, 08:36 AM
Trade him to Chicago for Gordon and Hughes

phlp_bj
07-22-2008, 08:55 AM
haha i wish

mjrballer13
07-22-2008, 09:09 AM
to the knicks for marbury
thats something i wish

SeoulBeatz
07-22-2008, 09:14 AM
come back to philly a.i. there will always be a roster spot for AI in the city of brotherly love, even if he doesnt fit our new system.

AI/ Andre Miller
Iggy/ Lou Williams
Thad Young/ Willie Green
Brand/ Evans/ Smith
Dalembert/ Speights

what a great and unrealistic team lol

FNM BOY
07-22-2008, 09:40 AM
Then only way we get AI...is if they want Miller and his expiring back with probably Willie Green and a 2nd rounder....

Sixers get:
Iverson

Nuggets get:
Andre Miller
Willie Green
2nd Rounder

Highly unlikely though!

JordansBulls
07-22-2008, 10:01 AM
I actually say that if Gordon doesn't sign that we could package Gordon and Hughes for Iverson rather easily. Hughes expires in 2010 and Gordon would be free to go where he wants next season. Also Iverson expires in 2009 so we could resign him if we want or we could let him go to free up 20 million.

Might as well go for him if that is the case.

Also seeing that Okafor wants a sign and trade, then we could trade Deng and Noah for Okafor that would be sweet.

That means next year we would have a lineup of this.

PG Rose/Hinrich
SG Iverson/Nichols
SF Thabo/Nocioni
PF Gooden/Tyrus
C Okafor/Gray

I'd take that lineup in a heartbeat.

BALLER71
07-22-2008, 10:09 AM
He should go to Chicago.
They lack a superstar.

Canucklehead
07-22-2008, 10:35 AM
Then only way we get AI...is if they want Miller and his expiring back with probably Willie Green and a 2nd rounder....

Sixers get:
Iverson

Nuggets get:
Andre Miller
Willie Green
2nd Rounder

Highly unlikely though!

Didn't I read somewhere Denver would like to have a pass first pg something they haven't had since they sent Andre Miller to the sixers as part of a deal for AI? Might not be totally crazy. I think AI would look good in a knicks jersey though but what do they have that the nuggets would want.

Raptors27
07-22-2008, 10:52 AM
I would like to see Iverson go to Chicago for Hughes and Gordon. I think it would help both teams.

njnets
07-22-2008, 11:02 AM
chicago seems the logical choice.

hockeyplaya97
07-22-2008, 11:05 AM
I would love to see Iverson in Chicago, but I doubt it happens because it makes too much sense.

Bob_at_york
07-22-2008, 11:09 AM
I would like to see Iverson go to Chicago for Hughes and Gordon. I think it would help both teams.

I think Kirk would have to be included in a deal for AI. It isn't like Hughes or Gordon are expirings. The trade makes no sense for the Nuggets.

torontosports10
07-22-2008, 11:11 AM
I would love to see Iverson in Chicago, but I doubt it happens because it makes too much sense.

What is your deepest fear young man?

This is to his sig I love that movie

hockeyplaya97
07-22-2008, 11:16 AM
What is your deepest fear young man?

This is to his sig I love that movie

Thanks, yeah it was a good movie. I fell in love with that quote though.

ai.forever.3
07-22-2008, 11:16 AM
ifffff, they decide to trade him, i would hope he goes back to philly,
but i dontthink ed stefanski would take him, so chicago or cleveland would be reasonable

chicago gets:
ai
nene

denver gets:
huughes
nocioni
hinrich

but i would LOVE to see him in cleveland, lebron and ai i think wthink would be a perfect fit

cleveland gets:
ai

denver gets:
ben wallace
sasha pavlovic
billy thomas(contracts to balance out)

DbOyZ_ILiVe4DIs
07-22-2008, 11:22 AM
Trade him to the Warriors. Even though i have no idea what we could give back.

hades
07-22-2008, 11:43 AM
Didn't I read somewhere Denver would like to have a pass first pg something they haven't had since they sent Andre Miller to the sixers as part of a deal for AI? Might not be totally crazy. I think AI would look good in a knicks jersey though but what do they have that the nuggets would want.

randolph lee.

J-Relo
07-22-2008, 11:51 AM
Nuggets would trade anyone...

SHONIE
07-22-2008, 11:53 AM
trade him for ZBO

TmacYao2
07-22-2008, 11:57 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=366~2006~841&teams=6~7~7&te=&cash=7:6

Mavericks get: Allen Iverson
Nuggets: Jason Terry, Josh Howard and Cash

JordansBulls
07-22-2008, 12:09 PM
I think Kirk would have to be included in a deal for AI. It isn't like Hughes or Gordon are expirings. The trade makes no sense for the Nuggets.

Well Gordon would be able to sign anywhere after 2009 and Hughes expires in 2010 which is what the Nuggets are looking at.

mgthompson
07-22-2008, 01:00 PM
From the looks of things we would trade AI for a food stamp. :(

bosox3431
07-22-2008, 01:07 PM
From the looks of things we would trade AI for a food stamp. :(

heres plenty of food stamps in Illinois to go around, especially in the Chicago area

durqtitan
07-22-2008, 03:18 PM
ifffff,
but i would LOVE to see him in cleveland, lebron and ai i think wthink would be a perfect fit

cleveland gets:
ai

denver gets:
ben wallace
sasha pavlovic

Nice deal. you could also this, might not ever happen but it would be cool.

cleveland gets:
AI - 22 mil
Steven Hunter - 3 mil

Denver gets:
Ben Wallace - 14 mil (but only this year and next left on his deal)
Eris Snow - 7 mil (last year of deal)
Damon Jones - 4 mil (last year of deal)

Then the Cavs could trade

Cleveland gets:
Zach Randolph - 14 mil

Knicks get:
Wally Szczerbiack - 13 mil (deal expires after season, will but them in better position for a free agent run in 2010)

or

Cleveland gets:
Emeka Okafor - sign and trade probably somewhere in the 11 to 13 mil a year range

Bobcats get:
Szczerbiack (same thing, better chance at free agent next year)

JordansBulls
07-22-2008, 03:54 PM
ifffff, they decide to trade him, i would hope he goes back to philly,
but i dontthink ed stefanski would take him, so chicago or cleveland would be reasonable

chicago gets:
ai
nene

denver gets:
huughes
nocioni
hinrich

cleveland gets:
ai

denver gets:
ben wallace
sasha pavlovic

The Bulls would jump all over that deal.

thephoenixson28
07-22-2008, 04:03 PM
Trade him to the Warriors. Even though i have no idea what we could give back.

Just give them a 2 rd pick they will bite on anything look at the marcus camby trade

HOZ THE KNICK
07-22-2008, 04:30 PM
i guess the nuggets are going to rebuild

rapswin98
07-23-2008, 06:29 PM
He can always come to toronto

_Sn1P3r_
07-23-2008, 06:55 PM
Thanks, yeah it was a good movie. I fell in love with that quote though.

Same here. And the delivery was very good by 'Sir' Timo Cruz.

Back to topic, Chicago seems like the place he should go. They lack a real superstar and AI could help Rose.

Raptors27
07-23-2008, 07:33 PM
I think Iverson to Chicago for Hughes + Hinrich.

Lakersfan2483
07-23-2008, 07:40 PM
Trade Iverson to the Detroit Pistons.

Rip Hamilton+Mcdyess for Iverson.

hockeypro68
07-23-2008, 07:43 PM
Trade him to the clippers for Cuttino Mobley and Tim Thomas!!!! (PLEASE):smoking:

dre1990
07-23-2008, 07:53 PM
Trade him Back To Phillie

lakers4sho
07-23-2008, 07:59 PM
Trade Iverson to the Detroit Pistons.

Rip Hamilton+Mcdyess for Iverson.

I don't think that would work out. They already have Billups as their primary ballhandler.

homestarunner93
07-23-2008, 08:05 PM
Sign and Trade Emeka Okafor+Raymond Felton for AI.

DeShaun Brown
07-23-2008, 08:10 PM
Maybe they'll actually get something in return this time.

oldenpolynice
07-23-2008, 08:16 PM
If AI goes to Chicago, it'd have to be at least Gordon+Hinrich, right? Even then I'm not sure if Denver goes for it. Maybe throw in a draft pick...

If I'm a Bulls fan, that's exciting. Rose, Iverson, Deng, Gooden, and Noah/Thomas? I'd take that.

titansmyarse
07-24-2008, 12:19 AM
i think any team would trade any player if their was a good enough offer