PDA

View Full Version : Don Mattingly = Dodger's hitting BETTER!

jusscallmez
07-22-2008, 05:10 AM
Anyone notice since Mattingly's been on board just after the All Star Break, we have been hitting the ball really well from all sides of the field. Our offense seems to be finally coming around.

Either that or Mattingly's presence enough just might have given the players a spark to go all out these next 2+ months. ;)

N.Z's #1 Dodger
07-22-2008, 05:16 AM
Nope, I didn't notice at all. Well spotted.

BlueZoo
07-22-2008, 09:30 AM
They're hitting now?

nme
07-22-2008, 11:08 AM
No ****? Wow.

NomarsOnlyHR
07-22-2008, 11:32 AM
Small sample size, let's not anoint him Jesus just yet.

Sleeper
07-22-2008, 11:45 AM
And when LA struggles in consecutive games everyone is going to want Mattingly to get the ax. :rolleyes:

Tymathee
07-22-2008, 11:47 AM
They are hitting better. They're taking more pitches and their approach looks a lot better. I don't think it's just Don, I think it's Torre's influence finally settling in and then with Don in there because he's closer to Torre than Eisler is. His presence is a huge boost in the Dugout and I'm sure because of his relationship with Torre allows him more leeway with the Dodger hitters than Eisler. Think about it, Torre and Eisler never worked together so it's possibly than Eisler might've been more tenative than D-Matt would be in helping the hitters...also it helps that D-matt's been there and done that so the hitters all look at him as someone who knows what he's talking about and didnt' just learn it from a book.

c2thab
07-22-2008, 01:09 PM
Its the boss is in the office syndrome, so everyone does their job the correct way. Donnie baseball dont look like he takes any $hi+ from anyone!

BlueMouse
07-22-2008, 02:24 PM
We've also played 4 games in high altitude hitters' parks.

In_Ned_I_Trust
07-22-2008, 02:25 PM
I can't remember where I heard it maybe on the radio or maybe Lyons but I guess the word is the players are in awe of Mattingly and he has a very strong presence, in the dugout.

So who doesn't think he will be our next manager? I'd be willing to bet my 401K on it.

In_Ned_I_Trust
07-22-2008, 02:26 PM
We've also played 4 games in high altitude hitters' parks.

Yeah but they had the roof closed in Phoenix. Also we didn't hit a home run last night.

dusto_magnifico
07-22-2008, 02:27 PM
Its the boss is in the office syndrome, so everyone does their job the correct way. Donnie baseball dont look like he takes any $hi+ from anyone!

I Think I have to agree more with this than anything else. It's not like he came up with a magical equation that allows players bats to hit balls. This is when Plaschke should write his "The Aura of a coach has inspired the Dodgers to compete again" article. Instead he will write "The aura of Juan Pierre's presence inspired the Dodgers to not stand around on the bases" or something.

MaloDaw9
07-22-2008, 07:26 PM
we need a guy like donnie baseball in the club house,now letz keep the batz swingin and make a run at thiz thang!!

Shawh
07-22-2008, 07:27 PM
I can't remember where I heard it maybe on the radio or maybe Lyons but I guess the word is the players are in awe of Mattingly and he has a very strong presence, in the dugout.

So who doesn't think he will be our next manager? I'd be willing to bet my 401K on it.

I'd love it if Donnie was our next manager, have always respected him.

BlueMouse
07-22-2008, 07:59 PM

Personally, I thought that was the biggest reason Torre got hired in the first place. Otherwise, hiring a 115 year old manager when you really need to stabalize the coaching staff, doesn't make sense.

ElToro34
07-22-2008, 08:31 PM

Im actually willing to be that the Mets try to pry him away from us

deacons317
07-22-2008, 11:17 PM
You want to re-think this one?

darth550
07-22-2008, 11:22 PM
hhahahaha

southerndodgerf
07-22-2008, 11:25 PM
Mattingly is overrated. He was hitting instructor for the ****ing Yankees. I could look like a good hitting instructor over there.

LAdiablo
07-22-2008, 11:36 PM
if you are going to give him credit for last night he deserves credit for tonight as well

southerndodgerf
07-22-2008, 11:51 PM
if you are going to give him credit for last night he deserves credit for tonight as well

Exactly. Last night was us facing a guy who just came off surgery and was being squeezed his first night back.

c2thab
07-23-2008, 01:08 AM
Exactly. Last night was us facing a guy who just came off surgery and was being squeezed his first night back.

Sounds a lot like someone I saw pitch today as well!