PDA

View Full Version : Okafor wants Sign and Trade

The83rdWonder
07-22-2008, 01:15 AM
http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_the_nba/2008/07/what-next-for-o.html

What next for Okafor?

So now what?

A source with knowledge of the negotiations says Emeka Okafor is ready to move on, rather than accept what the Charlotte Bobcats have offered long-term for his services.

The Bobcats can hold on to him for next season, but perhaps the best way to preserve value is to arrange a sign-and-trade. The Bobcats arenít saying what theyíd consider but here are five ideas that might be worth considering now or later:

MIAMI: Does Shawn Marion float your boat? He appears to be available, with a single, $17.8 million season left on his contract. Swapping Okafor (plus another contract) for Marion would make the Bobcats smaller, but more athletic.

CLEVELAND: Remember when the Bobcats signed Anderson Varejao to that offer sheet last season? Predictably the Cavaliers matched it in an instant. But now Varejaoís agent, Dan Fegan, is interested in moving his client to a team that would prioritize re-signing Varejao.
The Bobcats need an athletic, energetic big man, but hereís the rub: Under league rules, the Bobcats couldnít trade for Varejao until a year has passed from the time of the offer sheet. That means after Dec. 5. Itís possible the Bobcats could wait that long to resolve the Okafor issue, but thatís a long time to sit in limbo with an unhappy star.

GOLDEN STATE: In case you havenít noticed, the Warriors have some interesting questions regarding their big men. Andris Biedrins is another of those restricted free agents, and Al Harrington ($9.2 million this season, $10 million next season) is very available.

CHICAGO: Iím not so sure that Okaforís performances against the Bulls would make that teamís management swoon. However, this is a team with a lot of moving parts, a lot of disenchanted employees and cause to think theyíd be open to a deal.
Luol Deng, another restricted from the class of 2004, would help any team. Would Deng, plus maybe one of three forwards (Joakim Noah, Tyrus Thomas or Andres Nocioni?) make sense as the basis for a deal?

DALLAS: I donít have any ideal match here, but have you ever heard of a sign-and-trade scenario that didnít involve Mark Cuban?

homestarunner93
07-22-2008, 01:42 AM
I don't really believe it, Rick Bonnell is an idiot. Just read some of his blogs.

rico
07-22-2008, 03:18 AM
:: makes grabby hands towards okafor :: c h i c a g o

s&t deng + hinrich for Okafor & felton :)

Bg7getclutch
07-22-2008, 03:50 AM
we should get him. He's a really good player and can do well on this team.

Ragun
07-22-2008, 12:23 PM
that sucks for charlotte. there goes their playoff hopes.

MiamiHeat
07-22-2008, 12:24 PM
lets do it miami
shawn marion for okafor and filler

King Koopa
07-22-2008, 12:53 PM
:: makes grabby hands towards okafor :: c h i c a g o

s&t deng + hinrich for Okafor & felton :)

Bro there going to trade 2 of there 3 best players for a over rated deng and a shot first pass last kirk, when they have DJ......... i would understand Kirk playing Sg but JR plays that postion, and i would understand Deng playing SF but Wallace plays SF, why dont you think before you post bro....

HiphopRelated
07-22-2008, 12:55 PM
get it done Pat, last time we traded for a Charlotte bigman, it was Zo

Thatruth32
07-22-2008, 12:56 PM
ill take him if we can get rid of harrington some how

Young2Kinsler
07-22-2008, 01:12 PM
Dallas has got to make some sort of move, so Howard and Diop for Okafor sounds good to me.

ZHawk1123
07-22-2008, 01:14 PM
Perkins, Allen and a 2011 first rounder

MiamiHeat
07-22-2008, 01:16 PM

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh:

:badidea::pity:

Young2Kinsler
07-22-2008, 01:17 PM

That package of filth couldn't land Nazr Mohammed, much less Okafor

DQL
07-22-2008, 01:33 PM
I'm pretty sure Riley will make serious trade offer for Okafor b/c he's the type of big man the Heat desperately need

phlp_bj
07-22-2008, 01:43 PM
hey idone did u send the trade in to both the commishes? check your inbox

GunFactor187
07-22-2008, 01:51 PM
Detroit would gladly take you Okafor!!!!

BALLER71
07-22-2008, 01:52 PM
get it done Pat, last time we traded for a Charlotte bigman, it was Zo

:nod:
Pull the trigger on this ***** Pat

Maybe Marion + Daequan Cook for Gerald Wallace and Okafor?

JayW_1023
07-22-2008, 01:54 PM
Denver needs a Camby replacement in the worst way.

ZHawk1123
07-22-2008, 01:57 PM
That package of filth couldn't land Nazr Mohammed, much less Okafor

Perkins, Ray Allen and a first rounder? Really?

Perkins alone is better than Mohammed...

I think you are overvaluing Emeka

ATX
07-22-2008, 02:12 PM
Okafor is not worth more than the 12 million he was offered last year. Considering how injury prone he has shown himself to be, I wouldn't give him a dime over 10 mil a year. If Miami were to trade for Okafor, I would hope Felton was involved...Marion, Cook, 09' 2nd Rounder for Okafor and Felton?

black1605
07-22-2008, 02:13 PM
Okafor is not worth more than the 12 million he was offered last year. Considering how injury prone he has shown himself to be, I wouldn't give him a dime over 10 mil a year. If Miami were to trade for Okafor, I would hope Felton was involved...Marion, Cook, 09' 2nd Rounder for Okafor and Felton?

that sounds okay, but they guy who wanted wallace in place of cook is a loon

the real dose
07-22-2008, 02:17 PM
Deng For Okafor!!!!!!

Deng Sucks!!!!!!!!

McAwesomeDude
07-22-2008, 02:18 PM
Bulls fans are like Candians fans, every available player gets linked to them

King Koopa
07-22-2008, 02:19 PM
Do you think jordan would actually trade With in there own divison.

King Koopa
07-22-2008, 02:20 PM

And there trade offers are so dumb, it makes you just want to slap them across the face.:mad::mad::mad:

tadmanny
07-22-2008, 02:21 PM
I think the Warriors should make this move. Even with the talent they have, they will go nowhere without a BIG man. Okafor can body guys like Duncan and Boozer. That's been the problem for us the last few years. They somehow need to get this deal done. I would try to trade jackson and harrington.

So you got,

M. Williams
Monta
Maggette
Okafor
Biedrins

That's a young, tough team to beat.

durqtitan
07-22-2008, 02:21 PM
The Cavs should make a run at him. Maybe find a way to dump Wallace and offer Wallyís expiring contract. Eric Snow and Damon Jones also only have one year left on their deals. If Charlotte could find a way to package enough salaries together and nab a handful of expiring deals from the Cavs it would put them in great shape to make a run in free agency next year.

Afridi786
07-22-2008, 02:22 PM
lol...how about the miami fans, everyday theres a thread about how a star could end up there. Brand to Miami? Smith to Miami? Okafor to Miami? Lebron to Miami?

Halladay
07-22-2008, 02:23 PM
I'm pretty sure Riley will make serious trade offer for Okafor b/c he's the type of big man the Heat desperately need

That would make some sense, I'm sure that Charlotte would probably ask for Haslem and maybe another player or pick though...

Halladay
07-22-2008, 02:26 PM

When you said Allen before, I'm pretty sure everyone (including myself) thought you were talking about Tony Allen...you probably should've realized that. And I'm pretty sure Boston isn't even allowed to trade their first round pick because of the KG deal.

bogdanrom
07-22-2008, 02:29 PM
Etan + Brandon Haywood plus like 2 first round picks. Emeka to Washington

BlondeBomber41
07-22-2008, 02:58 PM
Denver needs a Camby replacement in the worst way.

Yeah but unlike Denver, Charlotte isnt going to give Okafor away for a bag of cheetos.

LA_cabals
07-22-2008, 03:06 PM
I like the Okafor for Marion, plus fillers the best. It's sounds like the most sensible sign and trade for both teams involved. Bobcats have a lot a cap room to give Marion the type of money he's seeking. Miami need a big and don't seem to be to fond of Marion.

LA_cabals
07-22-2008, 03:07 PM

Nice backpeddling , but it sounds like you were implying Tony Allen.

Master Mind
07-22-2008, 03:21 PM

This would be great...And if they don't want Daequan Cook we could sweetened up the deal with Haslem and multiple 2nd rd. picks...

Miami Line-Up
Chalmers
Wade
Wallace
Beasley
Okafor

Charlotte Line-Up
Felton
Richardson
Marion
Haslem
Ajinca

FromDallas
07-22-2008, 03:28 PM
I think the Warriors should make this move. Even with the talent they have, they will go nowhere without a BIG man. Okafor can body guys like Duncan and Boozer. That's been the problem for us the last few years. They somehow need to get this deal done. I would try to trade jackson and harrington.

So you got,

M. Williams
Monta
Maggette
Okafor
Biedrins

That's a young, tough team to beat.

Okafor doesn't fit the style of player that Nellie likes.

FromDallas
07-22-2008, 03:29 PM
I'm not sure what the Mavs could put together but if there is a chance they could get Okafor they need to go all out. I've been saying all off season that he should have been their focus.

durqtitan
07-22-2008, 03:42 PM
I don;t see much that the Mavs could do. Dampier's contract is too big for the Bobcats to take him. And why take Josh Howard when you have Wallace already. It would have to be a 3 team deal somehow

ZHawk1123
07-22-2008, 03:44 PM
When you said Allen before, I'm pretty sure everyone (including myself) thought you were talking about Tony Allen...you probably should've realized that. And I'm pretty sure Boston isn't even allowed to trade their first round pick because of the KG deal.

I meant Ray Allen... Sorry I guess I "probably should've realized that"... :rolleyes:

Oh... BTW... They still have their 2011 FRP... So I am pretty sure they are "allowed" to trade it...

ZHawk1123
07-22-2008, 03:47 PM
Nice backpeddling , but it sounds like you were implying Tony Allen.

Nice obnoxious reply... !!!

Sorry that I did not specify, R. Allen... Although that IS in fact who I meant...

A trade of Perk, T.Allen and a pick would certainly not be enough for Meka...

black1605
07-22-2008, 04:46 PM
This would be great...And if they don't want Daequan Cook we could sweetened up the deal with Haslem and multiple 2nd rd. picks...

Miami Line-Up
Chalmers
Wade
Wallace
Beasley
Okafor

Charlotte Line-Up
Felton
Richardson
Marion
Haslem
Ajinca

Ajinca is miles away from contributing, much less starting.

BlondeBomber41
07-22-2008, 04:50 PM
Nice obnoxious reply... !!!

Sorry that I did not specify, R. Allen... Although that IS in fact who I meant...

A trade of Perk, T.Allen and a pick would certainly not be enough for Meka...

and to include two starters, including one All Star from a championship lineup would be damn near ******** for Okafor.

Master Mind
07-22-2008, 04:59 PM
Ajinca is miles away from contributing, much less starting.

To be honest I thought you guys should have drafted Brook Lopez but MJ saw it different...I don't think he passed on Lopez who everyone rated as the best center in the draft for a foreign player in Alexis Ajinca to ride the pine...And plus Okafor wants out which means Ajinca's gonna have to make an immediate impact...

daleja424
07-22-2008, 09:11 PM
To be honest I thought you guys should have drafted Brook Lopez but MJ saw it different...I don't think he passed on Lopez who everyone rated as the best center in the draft for a foreign player in Alexis Ajinca to ride the pine...And plus Okafor wants out which means Ajinca's gonna have to make an immediate impact...

they still have nazr...

Master Mind
07-22-2008, 09:51 PM
they still have nazr...

True...

DQL
07-22-2008, 09:52 PM
That would make some sense, I'm sure that Charlotte would probably ask for Haslem and maybe another player or pick though...

damn that's even sweater. Maybe Haslem+Cook for Okafor

Chalmers
Wade
Marion
Beasley
Okafor

:speechless:

MiamiHeat
07-22-2008, 09:54 PM

Chalmers
Wade
Marion
Beasley
Okafor

holy mama :speechless::speechless:
thats a great team,
hope a trade like this happens :pray::pray:

Master Mind
07-22-2008, 09:58 PM

Chalmers
Wade
Marion
Beasley
Okafor

holy mama :speechless::speechless:
thats a great team,
hope a trade like this happens :pray::pray:

Yeah that would be sweet, i'd love to acquire Okafor without losing Marion but I can't see that happening...Although I would like it to...

daleja424
07-22-2008, 09:59 PM
It would have to be like haslem, wright, 2nd rounders...and the money still wouldnt quite add up...

HiphopRelated
07-22-2008, 10:55 PM
lol, I would help Haslem pack

rico
07-23-2008, 04:11 AM
miami fans are greedy hehe :) id be extremely happy with your team already.

not to be a homer, but the bulls should get okafor. as of the past i dunno how many years we've been getting by on a team full of roleplayers. and were still int he finals the past few years (with exception of last year) even took out the heat with 2 all stars (shaq/wade). i twoud be nice to have a rising star or an allstar.

ZHawk1123
07-23-2008, 06:43 AM
and to include two starters, including one All Star from a championship lineup would be damn near ******** for Okafor.

Not really... Ray Allen is soon to be 33... I know he was a vital part to our championship team but his durability as he gets older concerns me... He has two years left on his deal...

I like Perk but... Whatever...

I know it will never happen... But...

Rajon Rondo
New SG or Eddie House
Paul Pierce
Kevin Garnett
Emeka Okafor

Not too bad... Okafor and Garnett would be dominant

black1605
07-23-2008, 06:53 AM
thats silly, we dont need more wings, and plus, i think "if it aint broke..." applies here for the celts

SeoulBeatz
07-23-2008, 07:20 AM

miami is gonna have to give up more than that

gerald wallace was better than marion in almost every statistical catergory last year and is younger.

and okafor is more valuable than daequan will ever be.

midwestmadman
07-23-2008, 09:36 AM
I would like Detroit to get invovled here: Send Billups and Sheed's expiring 13M contract for Okafor and Felton. Chauncey and Rasheed go back to playing for Larry Brown who they both loved playing for Charlotte. Charlotte would make the playoffs with thsat roster, then has 13M incap space next year if Sheed signs elsewhere or even retires he'll be what 36. Detroit is still a solid contender with youth to compete for a longtime.
Potential Line Ups:

Charlotte
-Nazr -C
-Sheed-PF
-G.Wallace-SF
-J. Rich - SG
-Billups-PG

Detroit:
-Okafor -C
-McDyess-PF
-Prince-SF
-RIP-SG
-Stucky / Felton-PG

black1605
07-23-2008, 09:47 AM
I would like Detroit to get invovled here: Send Billups and Sheed's expiring 13M contract for Okafor and Felton. Chauncey and Rasheed go back to playing for Larry Brown who they both loved playing for Charlotte. Charlotte would make the playoffs with thsat roster, then has 13M incap space next year if Sheed signs elsewhere or even retires he'll be what 36. Detroit is still a solid contender with youth to compete for a longtime.
Potential Line Ups:

Charlotte
-Nazr -C
-Sheed-PF
-G.Wallace-SF
-J. Rich - SG
-Billups-PG

Detroit:
-Okafor -C
-McDyess-PF
-Prince-SF
-RIP-SG
-Stucky / Felton-PG

that would be very interesting...whats the info on Billups' contract?

HiphopRelated
07-23-2008, 09:58 AM
miami fans are greedy hehe :) id be extremely happy with your team already.

not to be a homer, but the bulls should get okafor. as of the past i dunno how many years we've been getting by on a team full of roleplayers. and were still int he finals the past few years (with exception of last year) even took out the heat with 2 all stars (shaq/wade). i twoud be nice to have a rising star or an allstar.
so the number 1 pick wasn't enough??

and I think you mean playoffs not Finals...getting ahead of ourselves are we? lol

king4day
07-23-2008, 10:16 AM
I've lived in Charlotte the last few years and have been watching the Cats play whenever I could.
Okafor is really good but I don't see him being an allstar unless he plays with someone who can make him look better.
He's not an offensive threat outside of a few feet from the basket. He's good on D but I don't know if he's worth more than the 10mil a year. He should have accepted the cats offer last year.

Whomever gets him will end up overpaying. I'd like to see the pistons deal mentioned above happen, but minus the PG swap. Can't risk the future for a couple of possible playoff appearances.

chicagowhitesox
07-23-2008, 10:19 AM
Future Chicago Bull

GIANTS4LIFE28
07-23-2008, 10:31 AM

Why would the heat want emeka okafor if they just drafted beasley with the 2nd overall pick in the draft this year.

dre1990
07-23-2008, 10:40 AM
he wont get traded

Master Mind
07-23-2008, 12:23 PM
Why would the heat want emeka okafor if they just drafted beasley with the 2nd overall pick in the draft this year.

1-We need a big man
2-Beasley is a SF/PF
3-Okafor is the best available big man (well sort of since he's a restricted free agent)

Basically, our lack of inside presence will push us to make a deal for Okafor...

Cavs_Fan24
07-23-2008, 12:45 PM
he's comin to Cleveland:)

Cleveland gets:
Emeka Okafor

Charlotte gets:
Anderson Varejao
Sasha Pavlovic
Future Draft Pick
Cash (to even salaries if needed)

Let's go Danny Ferry!!

DQL
07-23-2008, 12:59 PM

We need a center. Okafor is a PF but can play center. We drafted Beasley for offensive purpose. We need someone who plays D to complement Beasley. Our starting center right now is Mark Blount, what a shame :cry: Okafor will be a huge upgrade

saint7888
07-23-2008, 01:00 PM

LMFAO.... and why in hell would the Bobcats want Ray allen? Isn't he like 40? And okafour is a 4th year player? Lol nice try

And Garnett and Okafour both play PF and are both undersized to play C.... andddd Okafour wants 10+Mill a year

Garnett 20+ Million
Pierce 10+
Okafour 10+

I don't even kno if that's possiable... 40million a year on 3 ppl and Pierce hasssssssss to make more then 10 a year

If he does get traded, I think it would be maybe the Pistons for Sheed...his contract expires at then end of the year. Marion seems likely.... Beasley could play some SF IMO he reminds me a lot of LeBron.

King Koopa
07-23-2008, 01:15 PM
miami is gonna have to give up more than that

gerald wallace was better than marion in almost every statistical catergory last year and is younger.

and okafor is more valuable than daequan will ever be.

Wow shut up bro please look up your stats before talking, Wallace only outbeats Marion when it comes to pts and Ast per game, besides its not all about stats its about what you do in a game, And im pretty sure Marion does alot more things the wallace does, like play defense on bigger people. Something wallace cant do because of his little head problem, and besides that, Im pretty sure that if you ask anyone in this forum who they rather have they would most likely say Marion because of the things he does.

Remmni
07-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Everyone seems to be missing the logical option. Okafor for Ron Artest.
Fits for both teams " Like a Glove"

DQL
07-23-2008, 01:22 PM
Everyone seems to be missing the logical option. Okafor for Ron Artest.
Fits for both teams " Like a Glove"

I can't see Artest, Wallace and Richardson can co-exist

Remmni
07-23-2008, 01:28 PM
Its the best return they can get for him though. Jordan wouldnt mind having a gamer in Artest. Getting a top 5 All around player in NBA for Okafor you have to pull the trigger

rico
07-23-2008, 04:53 PM
so the number 1 pick wasn't enough??

and I think you mean playoffs not Finals...getting ahead of ourselves are we? lol

heh i did mean playoffs sorry. i was like half asleep when i posted.

and #1 pick is great, but everyone knows its going to take 2-3 years for rose to be the calibur of dwill/cp3 maybe even 4. hes good but hes not like lebron or someone that can instantly come in and we are going to the finals or something. we still need a 'star' like player.

miami has wade, marion and nobody doubts the skills of beasley. oh and chalmers showing in the summer league was also impressive.

KeithLBC
07-23-2008, 05:09 PM

Cleveland gets:
Emeka Okafor

Charlotte gets:
Anderson Varejao
Sasha Pavlovic
Future Draft Pick

Let's go Danny Ferry!!

Varejao can't be offered in the trade until December being that the Bobcats signed an offer sheet for him last December.

fishfan79
07-23-2008, 05:15 PM

quoted for amazing truth, I couldnt stop laughing

_Sn1P3r_
07-23-2008, 06:09 PM
I think he'll go to Miami or stay in Charlotte.

Tisoykeis
07-23-2008, 07:29 PM
He is going to get traded to the Utah Jazz....they finally get the interior defensive presence they have been lacking and makes them a true contender for the title.
Jazz Get:
Okafor $7,082,635
Wallace $8,287,500
TOTAL SALARY: $15,370,135

Charlotte gets:
Boozer $11,593,817
Jaron Collins $2,074,302
Brevin Knight $2,000,000
TOTAL SALARY: $15,668,119

Of course this trade is dependant on both teams signing key pieces to long term extensions. But it does make sense with Boozer going back to North Carolina where he played College Ball and the Jazz would be getting two quality players for Boozer rather than just letting him walk after next season. The Jazz would also get much better defensivley.

PG Williams/Price
SG Wallace/Brewer/Almond
SF Kirilenko/Harpring/Korver
PF Okafur/Milsap/Kirilenko
C Okur/Okafur/Fesenko

black1605
07-23-2008, 07:42 PM
no way you get Wallace in that deal plus, he isnt a SG

BlondeBomber41
07-23-2008, 07:47 PM
He is going to get traded to the Utah Jazz....they finally get the interior defensive presence they have been lacking and makes them a true contender for the title.
Jazz Get:
Okafor $7,082,635
Wallace $8,287,500
TOTAL SALARY: $15,370,135

Charlotte gets:
Boozer $11,593,817
Jaron Collins $2,074,302
Brevin Knight $2,000,000
TOTAL SALARY: $15,668,119

Of course this trade is dependant on both teams signing key pieces to long term extensions. But it does make sense with Boozer going back to North Carolina where he played College Ball and the Jazz would be getting two quality players for Boozer rather than just letting him walk after next season. The Jazz would also get much better defensivley.

PG Williams/Price
SG Wallace/Brewer/Almond
SF Kirilenko/Harpring/Korver
PF Okafur/Milsap/Kirilenko
C Okur/Okafur/Fesenko

This would be a terrible trade for the Utah Jazz. Boozer has developed into one of the top Power Forwards in the league, on the KG, Timmy, Dirk level. You dont trade him under any circumstances.

mjrballer13
07-23-2008, 07:55 PM
z-bo, take your pick-lee, balkman, nate
for okafor
a knick fan can only dream

DeShaun Brown
07-23-2008, 08:04 PM
Yeah but unlike Denver, Charlotte isnt going to give Okafor away for a bag of cheetos.

Denver didn't even get that. What they got was the chance to trade lunches with the Clips. Even Marcus Williams was traded fore a first round pick.

And there trade offers are so dumb, it makes you just want to slap them across the face.:mad::mad::mad:

Maybe the BULLS can some how come up with a way to get Okafor for the chance to swap future second round picks. :rolleyes:;)

PhillyPS
07-23-2008, 08:04 PM
76ers should trade Dalember, Smith, & Willie Green for Okafor and Felton

Cavs_Fan24
07-23-2008, 08:05 PM
Varejao can't be offered in the trade until December being that the Bobcats signed an offer sheet for him last December.

i know, but still, let me enjoy the possibility!!
way to bring me down man, GOD!
lmao :)

Jay22Redd
07-23-2008, 08:16 PM
This would be a terrible trade for the Utah Jazz. Boozer has developed into one of the top Power Forwards in the league, on the KG, Timmy, Dirk level. You dont trade him under any circumstances.

I totally agree

Young2Kinsler
07-23-2008, 08:18 PM

Cleveland gets:
Emeka Okafor

Charlotte gets:
Anderson Varejao
Sasha Pavlovic
Future Draft Pick

Let's go Danny Ferry!!

OMG what an amazing trade offer, I bet the Bobcats would love this deal if you threw in Joe Smith!.... anyways, people are so slow: why do you think the bobcats are going to trade a top line player for a bunch of junk. Any team who thinks they arent going to give up a decent piece in this deal is just fooling themselves, like the above mentioned idiot. Take Dallas for instance, while they probably don't need anything Dallas has, you would have to think Josh Howard would be the starting point in any big deal.

black1605
07-23-2008, 08:23 PM
NOTE: this trade would have to come at mid season due to restrictions on Anderson, but would benefit the Bobcats by giving Augustin some time to get used to playing major minutes

Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Anderson Varejao

FOR

Oakafor
Felton
Nazr Mohammad

Charlotte's Lineup:

PG: Augustin/Weaver/possible Vet signing
SG: Richardson/Carrol
SF: Wallace/Morrison/Dudley
PF: Varejao/Anjica
C: Ilgauskas/Davidson/Hollins

Cleveland's Lineup:

PG: Felton
SG: Gibson
SF: James
PF: Oak
C: Mohammad

HiphopRelated
07-23-2008, 09:37 PM
This is a Sign and trade people, not a regular trade, you NEVER get equal value.

At best you get capspace and maybe a pick. Okafor decides where he wants to go.

tadmanny
07-23-2008, 09:45 PM
Warriors trade: Al Harrington, Stephen Jackson, Brandon Wright

for

Bobcats: Emeka Okafor and Raymond Felton.

Dirty Dirk41
07-23-2008, 09:54 PM
Warriors trade: Al Harrington, Stephen Jackson, Brandon Wright

for

Bobcats: Emeka Okafor and Raymond Felton.

I like this trade for both teams

Bobcats
PG-Agustine/Weaver
SG-J-Rich/Morrison/Carroll
SF-Wallace/Jackson/Dudley
PF-May/Harrington/Wright
C-Nazr/Ajinca

Warriors

PG-Felton/Williams
SG-Ellis/Bellinelli
SF-Maggette/Randolph
PF-Okafor/Turiaf
C-Biedrins

tadmanny
07-23-2008, 10:00 PM
ya, so do i. The Warriors need a big, strong PF to be able to contend. The run and gun can only take them so far until they meet up with SA, Houston, Phoenix, and Utah. Thats when you need someone that bangs. It gives the Bobcats more of a scoring threat and the Warriors a big guy down low. Its fair, but if the salaries dont matchup perfectly, maybe throw in dudley or someone.

black1605
07-23-2008, 10:23 PM
for one thing, Jackson would nto want to come off the bench

secondly...Harrington would start over May from the get-go

GunFactor187
07-25-2008, 03:45 PM
Potential Line Ups:

Charlotte
-Nazr -C
-Sheed-PF
-G.Wallace-SF
-J. Rich - SG
-Billups-PG

Detroit:
-Okafor -C
-McDyess-PF
-Prince-SF
-RIP-SG
-Stucky / Felton-PG

I think Detroit's starting lineup would look something like this if it happened:

C - Okafor
PF - Maxiell
SF - Prince
SG - Hamilton
PG - Stuckey

IndiansFan337
07-25-2008, 04:29 PM
The Jazz are definitely not going to do a S&T sending Boozer to Charlotte for Okafor.

Also, when S&T'ing a player I don't think his team can include other players in the same trade to make salaries match. You can S&T a player for multiple players, but you couldn't send Okafor + another Bobcat away in the same trade, as far as I know.

Global Celtic
07-25-2008, 04:42 PM
Bring him to Boston!

:)

Dirty Dirk41
07-25-2008, 05:21 PM
^^^Boston....lol.

Imagine Okafor comming in off the bench. No way hes wearing green

PostYourEyes
07-25-2008, 09:27 PM
lets do it miami
shawn marion for okafor and filler

oh man, if miami did that trade, the Heat's gonna be UNSTOPPABLE.

black1605
07-25-2008, 10:17 PM
some of you Heat fans are smoking something FIERCE

rico
07-26-2008, 02:48 AM
some of you Heat fans are smoking something FIERCE

yeah they are some greedy ones. they have a great team already. they really want to dump marion though..

i still think you guys should deal with bulls for okafor in a s&t. get hinrich and deng, give us felton and okafor...

youd have to do some switching or another trade for that 3 spot cuz i cant see wallace or deng pulling off the 4. but maybe a 2nd trade with detroit with wallace for wallace or something. hinrich is an upgrade @ pg tho and deng is younger and has more potentional than your current wallace.