PDA

View Full Version : Raptor Player Ratings / 1000 Post!

Raptors27
07-22-2008, 12:12 AM
This is my 1000 post on PSD. :clap:...

Now the Raptors player ratings..

Bosh - A great PF in today's NBA, capable of leading the Raptors. He plays defense and can score. His games consist of finesse rather than banging inside of the typical PF in the NBA. Overall Rating = 92
O'Neal - A center, 6-time all-star, defender with scoring capabilities. Baring any major injuries this season, he hopes to help the Raptors in the season and playoffs. He bring the banger type style with a touch of finesse and not to mention rebounding, blocking and the main factor defense. Overall Rating = 87
Calderon - A PG that can pass, lead a team, and most of all keep turnovers to a low. Caleron has shown signs of greatness at the PG level in the NBA and was a trade away from being an all-star last season. This season with more minutes will he be an NBA all-star? Overall Rating = 85
Parker - A shooting guard who can get the job done. But now with age factoring in can he still produce. Be a Finley type player? We all know he can shoot the 3, but wil his game only consist of that from now on? Overall Rating = 77
Moon - A SF with amazing hops. New to the NBA last year Moon demonstrated he was capable of playing at the NBA level. He can rebound, play some D, and score but somewhat inconsistently because he doesn't really have a mid range game. If he can maintain a shooting game or even better, become a SLASHER. He will see major minutes this year and will be a nice 28 year old sophmore. Overall Rating = 76
Bargnani - A PF/C who's been quite inconsistent which lead to being considered a bust. Rather to early to tell as most PF only develop in the future. We will find out things this year as Bargs will com of the bench, most likely as our 6th or 7th man. Overall Rating = 77
Kapono - A SF and maybe SG this year depending on the rotation. He can shoot with the best of them. Being called one of if not the most pure shooter in the NBA. But if he could develop some D and other aspects of the game he would be even better. Overall Rating = 75
Adams - A shooting guard who slashes and plays tough D. Which is exactly what this team needs. His size is a factor at only 6'4, but he plays tough and agressive. He also has nice athletism in his game. Will he make his way in the upper part of the rotation? Overall Rating = 70
Ukic - A new PG the the NBA. Ukic has been playing overseas after being drafted in the 2nd round by the Raptors. Has nice size being a 6'5 point guard. Will his game translate to the NBA? Overall Projected Rating = 68
Graham - At SF Joey has the body, strength and athletism to play with the best. It's his basketball IQ and overall potential that have to begin working. Most people having already gave up on him, I belive we will see a newer Joey, more aggressive. Learning more to the game this season, because if he doesn't he's gone. Overall Rating = 69
Humphries - A power forward, who brings energy to the game. He has shown potential to be a good role player in the league. He can score around the basket but tends to take the mid range jumper. He can rebound and helps out on D. A nice player to have on your bench. Overall Rating = 69
Jawai - A 6'9 power forward with a 7'5 wingspan. He is mostly unknown being from Australia, but "Baby Shaq" seems to be somewhat of a steal. MVP of the Australian league he can score and rebound and hopefully be a banger down low. But will he see minutes this year? Overall Projected Rating 67

Hope you enjoy. :)

dominicanboy193
07-22-2008, 12:59 AM
were did you get these rating from nba 2k9 because ill like to see other teams ratings to compare to the raptors thanzz

Toxeryll
07-22-2008, 04:09 AM

Bosh - A great PF in today's NBA, capable of leading the Raptors. He plays defense and can score. His games consist of finesse rather than banging inside of the typical PF in the NBA. Overall Rating = 92
O'Neal - A center, 6-time all-star, defender with scoring capabilities. Baring any major injuries this season, he hopes to help the Raptors in the season and playoffs. He bring the banger type style with a touch of finesse and not to mention rebounding, blocking and the main factor defense. Overall Rating = 88
Calderon - A PG that can pass, lead a team, and most of all keep turnovers to a low. Caleron has shown signs of greatness at the PG level in the NBA and was a trade away from being an all-star last season. This season with more minutes will he be an NBA all-star? Overall Rating = 85
Parker - A shooting guard who can get the job done. But now with age factoring in can he still produce. Be a Finley type player? We all know he can shoot the 3, but wil his game only consist of that from now on? Overall Rating = 77
Moon - A SF with amazing hops. New to the NBA last year Moon demonstrated he was capable of playing at the NBA level. He can rebound, play some D, and score but somewhat inconsistently because he doesn't really have a mid range game. If he can maintain a shooting game or even better, become a SLASHER. He will see major minutes this year and will be a nice 28 year old sophmore. Overall Rating = 76
Bargnani - A PF/C who's been quite inconsistent which lead to being considered a bust. Rather to early to tell as most PF only develop in the future. We will find out things this year as Bargs will com of the bench, most likely as our 6th or 7th man. Overall Rating = 77
Kapono - A SF and maybe SG this year depending on the rotation. He can shoot with the best of them. Being called one of if not the most pure shooter in the NBA. But if he could develop some D and other aspects of the game he would be even better. Overall Rating = 75
Adams - A shooting guard who slashes and plays tough D. Which is exactly what this team needs. His size is a factor at only 6'4, but he plays tough and agressive. He also has nice athletism in his game. Will he make his way in the upper part of the rotation? Overall Rating = 70
Ukic - A new PG the the NBA. Ukic has been playing overseas after being drafted in the 2nd round by the Raptors. Has nice size being a 6'5 point guard. Will his game translate to the NBA? Overall Projected Rating = 68
Graham - At SF Joey has the body, strength and athletism to play with the best. It's his basketball IQ and overall potential that have to begin working. Most people having already gave up on him, I belive we will see a newer Joey, more aggressive. Learning more to the game this season, because if he doesn't he's gone. Overall Rating = 69
Humphries - A power forward, who brings energy to the game. He has shown potential to be a good role player in the league. He can score around the basket but tends to take the mid range jumper. He can rebound and helps out on D. A nice player to have on your bench. Overall Rating = 69
Jawai - A 6'9 power forward with a 7'5 wingspan. He is mostly unknown being from Australia, but "Baby Shaq" seems to be somewhat of a steal. MVP of the Australian league he can score and rebound and hopefully be a banger down low. But will he see minutes this year? Overall Projected Rating 67

well done! :clap:

Mile High Champ
07-22-2008, 08:45 AM
I know its not 09 or 2k9 cause they always give the raps players bad ratings and they are always ranked near the bottom overall.

RapsFan4Life
07-22-2008, 10:17 AM
being a raps fan i think your rating all need to be higher, but realisticly if you make that team in live they would be rated about 96 ish, and that makes them the best team in the leauge which is a spot cb4 and the crew need to earn no just be given, your stats high light all positves making the team look all-star-like, but there are lots of areas that need improvment and the ratings should drop ... but you seem to put alot of thought into it so have fun ... just sharing my opinion and raps next season 58 wins 4th place

pebloemer
07-22-2008, 10:32 AM
being a raps fan i think your rating all need to be higher, but realisticly if you make that team in live they would be rated about 96 ish, and that makes them the best team in the leauge which is a spot cb4 and the crew need to earn no just be given, your stats high light all positves making the team look all-star-like, but there are lots of areas that need improvment and the ratings should drop ... but you seem to put alot of thought into it so have fun ... just sharing my opinion and raps next season 58 wins 4th place

4th in the conference with 58 wins? I am assuming the conference part so correct me if I am wrong. Two teams were able to get more the 58 wins last year in the league Detroit and Boston. If we get 58 wins, I think we will be higher than 4th place. I say 51 wins, 4th place.

Raptors27
07-22-2008, 10:37 AM
were did you get these rating from nba 2k9 because ill like to see other teams ratings to compare to the raptors thanzz

It's not from any game, it's just what I think in general. ^^ I say we win anywhere from 45-50 games this season but im gonna go with 48-34.

Raptors27
07-22-2008, 10:38 AM

That team would not be 96 ish. I have a really better team on 2k and its only a 88.

Cortez
07-22-2008, 12:12 PM
who rated this?

Denverb2b
07-22-2008, 01:14 PM
I love Bosh, great person on and off the court but I think we as raptor fans rate him to high and I am beginning to question if he is the type of player that can lead you to a championship.

I really hope he becomes more aggressive this year and dominates game as he should. We really miss that type of player that can take over a game when its needed most. The great teams have that type of player and I hope Bosh can become that but after five years I dont know.

We have put several different teams around him and now with JO I dont think he will have any more excuses as far as becoming that superstar we all want him to be. If he cant do it this year I dont think he ever will take that next step.

travesy3
07-22-2008, 01:18 PM
JO doesn't deserve those ratings right now. He has alot of people to prove wrong. And NBA live has the worst ratings ever, seriously -_-

blujaysrock
07-22-2008, 01:40 PM

O'Neal - A center, 6-time all-star, defender with scoring capabilities. Baring any major injuries this season, he hopes to help the Raptors in the season and playoffs. He bring the banger type style with a touch of finesse and not to mention rebounding, blocking and the main factor defense. Overall Rating = 88

that explaines everything good
job on them

Ramon Nivar
07-22-2008, 01:44 PM
Hehe, Humphries is 69.

Anyway nice work. I'd switch Calderon to an 88 and Jermaine to an 85 though.

Raptors27
07-22-2008, 01:44 PM
JO doesn't deserve those ratings right now. He has alot of people to prove wrong. And NBA live has the worst ratings ever, seriously -_-

It isn't ratings from a video game!! I already mentioned that.

mjt20mik
07-22-2008, 01:54 PM
These ratings seem too high. Bosh's seems legit, but i think JO should be in the low 80s and calderon in the high 70s. AP and Barg in the low 70s and Moon in the high 60's. Everyone else should be in the low to mid 60s and 50s.

Raptors27
07-22-2008, 02:00 PM
These ratings seem too high. Bosh's seems legit, but i think JO should be in the low 80s and calderon in the high 70s. AP and Barg in the low 70s and Moon in the high 60's. Everyone else should be in the low to mid 60s and 50s.

That's because you have been playing NBA live too much, you got use to low rankings. But this isnt a game..lol

Average PG rating = 77
Average SG rating = 76
Average SF rating = 76
Average PF rating = 77
Average C rating = 75

ex: Star PG, Chris Paul, I would rate him 93. So 85 for Calderon isn't that high.

RapsFan4Life
07-22-2008, 02:14 PM
4th in the conference with 58 wins? I am assuming the conference part so correct me if I am wrong. Two teams were able to get more the 58 wins last year in the league Detroit and Boston. If we get 58 wins, I think we will be higher than 4th place. I say 51 wins, 4th place.

easter conference will be tighter then west last year, and i think the low teams of the east will be 20 wins, i think there will be 10 teams with under 35 wins in the league .. lebron for mvp he will have 61 wins to lead the east

Halladay
07-22-2008, 02:29 PM
It's funny how everyone just randomly starts talking about video games lol.

Raptors27
07-22-2008, 03:03 PM
It's funny how everyone just randomly starts talking about video games lol.

I know lol, I mention rankings and everyone associates it to video games.

pebloemer
07-22-2008, 03:35 PM
easter conference will be tighter then west last year, and i think the low teams of the east will be 20 wins, i think there will be 10 teams with under 35 wins in the league .. lebron for mvp he will have 61 wins to lead the east

But a tighter conference also means more wins are spread out. The West couldn't even get one 58 win team with the tighter conference. The bottom teams of the East would REALLY need to tank for four teams to reach 58 wins. The West hasn't gotten much worse either. The Raptors have definately improved (if Oneal stays healthy), but so has our competition. Miami will be better (well, they have to be), Chicago should be better (depending on Deng and Gordon trades or signings turn out), Philadelphia will be improved; taking 3 of 4 from them this year will be much harder than last year. Boston will still be rock solid, Detroit hasn't changed anything yet, and they should still be rock solid, you are calling for Cleveland to have 61 wins, Milwaukee got better, Washington is healthy finally, Orlando is still solid. There just isn't enough wins to go around for the Raptors to get 58 wins, especially if that means they are in fourth place, because 3 teams in the East would be doing better than them. Too many question marks and competition for me to predict that boldly, but you are definately entitled to your prediction and opinion. It will be an exciting season nonetheless.

Bricklayer
07-23-2008, 05:20 PM
Great thread, even though I think you over rated everyone after Calderon with maybe the exception of Humphries.

kanersen
07-25-2008, 07:46 PM
can't see how bosh can be more aggressive
he averages over 8 free throws per game

instead of asking bosh to be more aggressive we should expect everyone else on the raptor's besides bosh to be more aggressive

Bricklayer
07-25-2008, 07:57 PM
can't see how bosh can be more aggressive
he averages over 8 free throws per game

instead of asking bosh to be more aggressive we should expect everyone else on the raptor's besides bosh to be more aggressive

You should quote the post that you are responding to, just makes things easier for everyone trying to follow the thread.:)