PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Interested in Ron-Ron

Voiceofjon
07-21-2008, 10:40 PM
This seems to be the best team to deal with in trading Ron.

Sacramento Bee: Detroit Pistons have interest in Ron Artest
Posted by Dave Dial July 21, 2008 20:08PM
The Sacramento Bee, citing a source close to the Pistons, claims the Pistons are interested in trading for Ron Artest.

July 21, Sacramento Bee: As for other teams, here's what I'm hearing regarding a few (and, no, this is not a comprehensive list - just hitting on a few of the lesser talked-about potential Artest destinations)...
Detroit: Could this be why Artest was so interested in interviewing brawl instigator John Green a while back? It would be a brilliant PR move if the Pistons were looking to put a package together for Artest.

And from what I was told from one source close to the Pistons, they are. I've yet to get this info from more than one person, so stay tuned. But much like the Mavs' situation, this could be one of those where the player the Kings want (perhaps Tayshaun Prince) would be different than the one offered (Jason Maxiell, anyone?). Pure speculation on my part in terms of the potential pieces.

Having Ron Artest as a Piston, after everything that transpired at the Palace brawl, would be quite ironic.

http://blog.mlive.com/fullcourtpress/2008/07/sacramento_bee_detroit_pistons.html

phlp_bj
07-21-2008, 10:41 PM
wow. cant wait to see the 1st game if this happens

KB24PG16
07-21-2008, 10:43 PM
never going to happen

cmellofan15
07-21-2008, 10:45 PM
hahahahahahahahahahhaha i wuld luv 2 b a practice wit them if that happens

daleja424
07-21-2008, 10:49 PM
Jeeze....are we going to have one of these everytime someone for the sacbee throws out another scenario to get rid of Artest? We get it: Artest wants to be traded...

JordansBulls
07-21-2008, 10:50 PM
This seems to be the best team to deal with in trading Ron.

Sacramento Bee: Detroit Pistons have interest in Ron Artest
Posted by Dave Dial July 21, 2008 20:08PM
The Sacramento Bee, citing a source close to the Pistons, claims the Pistons are interested in trading for Ron Artest.

July 21, Sacramento Bee: As for other teams, here's what I'm hearing regarding a few (and, no, this is not a comprehensive list - just hitting on a few of the lesser talked-about potential Artest destinations)...
Detroit: Could this be why Artest was so interested in interviewing brawl instigator John Green a while back? It would be a brilliant PR move if the Pistons were looking to put a package together for Artest.

And from what I was told from one source close to the Pistons, they are. I've yet to get this info from more than one person, so stay tuned. But much like the Mavs' situation, this could be one of those where the player the Kings want (perhaps Tayshaun Prince) would be different than the one offered (Jason Maxiell, anyone?). Pure speculation on my part in terms of the potential pieces.

Having Ron Artest as a Piston, after everything that transpired at the Palace brawl, would be quite ironic.

http://blog.mlive.com/fullcourtpress/2008/07/sacramento_bee_detroit_pistons.html

The Sac Bee is just creating trade scenarios from each team even if they are not interested.

Tell me something, why the hell would the Pistons trade for Artest when he was responsible for the fight in 2005? It just doesn't make any sense.

#1Mavericksfan
07-22-2008, 12:33 AM
There is no way David Stern would let that trade go threw

barreleffact
07-22-2008, 12:37 AM
how is ron responsible for that fight? he got abused by ben wallace and then sum idiot degrades him further by throwin popcorn(i think) at him. i mean he didnt cause either. he fouled ben wallace...it was a weak fould barely hhard enough to stop him from doin wat he wanted and then ben shoves his face. he tries to chill and ppl who have no business in the situation jump stupid...so the first person who didnt run, he hit. thats the only thing that was his fault. he aint cause the brawl. detroit and ben did. then to add further insult to injury, ben is suspended only a lil bit and he is gone for the entire season. as far as im concerned the security shoulve done something to stop artest and the incident to begin with and ben shouldve been ejected and everything over right after the face shot.

Beno7500
07-22-2008, 12:51 AM
I would be quite happy if the Kings got Tayshaun Prince.

BADizzleBoY
07-22-2008, 12:54 AM
Lol this wouldn't be pretty!

goku
07-22-2008, 12:59 AM
i think it would be a good deal for both teams

BADizzleBoY
07-22-2008, 01:00 AM
Yeah it would be even.

lakers4sho
07-22-2008, 01:15 AM
Detroit would rather get a guy like TMac for Billups/Prince rather than Artest IMO

qwestion13
07-22-2008, 01:19 AM
I think Ron Artest would be warmly welcomed in Detroit. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't Pistons fans like hard-nosed, intimidating players...?

It's kinda like the way I felt about Jeremy Shockey. I hated him cause he would kill us with the Giants, but I loved the way he played and would have welcomed him in an Eagles uniform this year. I know it's not the same as starting a fight with a fan, but you get the idea...

Beno7500
07-22-2008, 01:22 AM
There is no way David Stern would let that trade go threw

**** Stern!

Catfish1314
07-22-2008, 01:22 AM
Dumars knows what he's doing. Artest can help this team in a number of ways. If they run into the Celtics or Cavaliers again in the playoffs, Artest can do a much better job on either of them than Prince can, especially in the playoffs when he plays even harder.

As a Kings fan, any package built around Prince or Maxiell would be fine with me. Maybe even Sheed's expiring contract.

Beno7500
07-22-2008, 01:23 AM
Yep. I'd take on his expiring. He is a good player.

BADizzleBoY
07-22-2008, 01:25 AM
it would be a equal trade.

Beno7500
07-22-2008, 01:31 AM
It would help out SAC more because Detroit is already all defense.

Theanswer76
07-22-2008, 01:34 AM
LMAO artest vs the world if hes a piston

BADizzleBoY
07-22-2008, 01:37 AM
It would be heptic.

~Troy
07-22-2008, 02:07 AM
Detroit would rather get a guy like TMac for Billups/Prince rather than Artest IMO

I'm a pistons fan and I would love to have Artest here, he fits our system perfectly, and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't punch any of his own fans. :clap: Plus I think he might actually have his act together now.

Beno7500
07-22-2008, 03:03 AM
he has had his act together for almost 3 years now. he is fine now.

*Superman*
07-22-2008, 03:07 AM
Detroit is like NY Knicks now, they want everyone.

Epic89
07-22-2008, 03:08 AM
I would welcome Ron-Ron with open arms; he's not a bad guy. He's ****ing insane, but he's not a bad guy. Plays great D, scores a little too.

I don't see the big deal; only player who ever had beef with him is Ben, and he's long gone

Beno7500
07-22-2008, 03:15 AM
He wouldn't be a problem in Motown.

He could win there too.

FOBolous
07-22-2008, 03:51 AM
Rasheel Wallace and Ron Artest on the same team? :eyebrow: if this happens...than Detroit is going to be a very interesting team next year.