PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Arroyo

Webelievegs!
07-21-2008, 05:54 PM
I like this kid, he's a proven scorer who would be great to have coming off the bench. He's also a decent passer and a experienced veteran. The only problem I see with him is that he's 28 years old, 6'2 and has had several disputes in the past.

Should we go after him?

UNETOWNBAYAREA
07-21-2008, 06:32 PM
I'd rather trade for one of memphis's guards.

If we do nothing and hes still available in september then why not...

garlicboy
07-21-2008, 06:35 PM
Webelievegs,
I've been hoping to sign Arroyo and posting it everywhere. Your right though, his past run-ins with coaches is risky, but we have a great coach in Nelli who does a great jobe with so called problem players.

Unetown,
The Memphis PG's are an option, but I'd rather get the proven veteran commodity and give up nothing.

Webelievegs!
07-21-2008, 07:10 PM
Webelievegs,
I've been hoping to sign Arroyo and posting it everywhere. Your right though, his past run-ins with coaches is risky, but we have a great coach in Nelli who does a great jobe with so cold problem players.

Unetown,
The Memphis PG's are an option, but I'd rather get the proven veteran commodity and give up nothing.

I agree, we need a pg with experience. I'm not too fond with the idea of spending money on players who have only been in the league for 2 years, not to mention who have yet to prove their worth. Also, I dont think Arroyo would have trouble under Nellie. At least he's no Webber or Artest- lol.

bryan_22221
07-21-2008, 07:53 PM
Carlos Arroyo is a piece of ****. I live in Utah and am a die hard warriors fan, I have seen Arroyo play many times here in Utah and I went to the USA vs. Puerto Rico game last summer, the guy is brutal! he is not a starting point guard and never will be, he's not as good of a scorer as you guys think, plus he will complain like he has his whole career if he doesnt play. plus on top of that he clowns on the U.S. ever since Puerto Rico beat them in the last olympics. SAY NO TO ARROYO!!!

garlicboy
07-21-2008, 08:01 PM
No one said anything about Arroyo being a starter. Arroyo would be a solid back-up. I give him props for leading Puert Rico squad in thier defeat of the USA. He should clown the U.S. players, because they should have stomped Puerto Rico.

His strength is not scoring, but passing and passing ability supercedes scoring ability in regards to us signing a back-up PG.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-22-2008, 05:40 PM
I Like Carlos Arroyo To But He Aint Gonna Come Now

gowarriors
07-23-2008, 07:48 PM
Nothing against arroyo but no thanks

That goes the same for Evans. he backed out, so let him stay in Orlando.

If they don't match Azubuike, then I say go for Crittenton. he can play 1 or 2, although I'm still baffled as to why they are pursuing another SG to begin with. Perhaps having Belinelli as a backup to maggette is too much of an X factor or, as I have mentioned on other threads, a trade involving Belinelli and jackson is in the works.

UNETOWNBAYAREA
07-23-2008, 08:00 PM
Nothing against arroyo but no thanks

That goes the same for Evans. he backed out, so let him stay in Orlando.

If they don't match Azubuike, then I say go for Crittenton. he can play 1 or 2, although I'm still baffled as to why they are pursuing another SG to begin with. Perhaps having Belinelli as a backup to maggette is too much of an X factor or, as I have mentioned on other threads, a trade involving Belinelli and jackson is in the works.

Trying to build a deeper bench... remember what happened last year.
I think they feel in case Bellinelli doesnt develop as they hope at least they have someone on the bench to take bellinelli's minutes.

i think bellinelli will be fine though... just needs minutes on the floor. Dont ask him to play D though!

garlicboy
07-23-2008, 08:04 PM
I think Mo Evans will replace Pietrus as a defender. Evans can also run the floor and at times blow by gusy from the wing and dunk like Pietrus.

I still remember Evans throwing down nasty alley-oop dunks when he was on the Kings.

kylem4711
07-23-2008, 08:18 PM
i like arroyo as a player. there must be something that we dont know about him though because for some reason he always becomes a scrub.

danbuc0101
07-23-2008, 08:39 PM
carlos arroyo is not as good as everyone thinks, he has been given the minutes to perform before and hasnt.

UNETOWNBAYAREA
07-23-2008, 08:58 PM
i like arroyo as a player. there must be something that we dont know about him though because for some reason he always becomes a scrub.

ay, is there nothing going on in the clips forums?

*Superman*
07-23-2008, 10:44 PM
Personally, i don't like Arroyo and most people in the Magic forum don't either. He over dribbles the ball and doesn't set up the offense. IMO you guys would be better off without him. He should go to Europe and play ball their.

kylem4711
07-23-2008, 10:52 PM
ay, is there nothing going on in the clips forums?

:cricket:

Webelievegs!
07-24-2008, 01:28 AM
:cricket:

Lol, it's cool, you can chill with us....Just don't talk sh&t about our team ;)

garlicboy
07-24-2008, 01:36 AM
Personally, i don't like Arroyo and most people in the Magic forum don't either. He over dribbles the ball and doesn't set up the offense. IMO you guys would be better off without him. He should go to Europe and play ball their.

That kinda sounds like Baron, and the freedom you get under Nellie.

*Superman*
07-24-2008, 04:21 AM
^ I don't understand how Arroyo does so good in the Olympics and when its NBA time, he Fcks it up all on the court.

If you want him for third string, go ahead, thats what we used him for and he never played.:D