PDA

View Full Version : Damaso Marte and John Grabow, Cardinals interested?

redbird89
07-21-2008, 05:46 PM
Marte is drawing the most interest as Boston, Detroit, the Mets, the Yankees, Philadelphia, St. Louis and Tampa Bay have all made inquiries. Detroit, Philadelphia and St. Louis are said to have some interest in Grabow.

Among the players the Pirates reportedly have interest among the teams looking to trade are Cardinals right-hander Anthony Reyes and outfielder Chris Duncan, Tigers first baseman Jeff Larish and outfielder Matt Joyce, Yankees right-hander Ross Ohlendorf, Braves shortstop Brent Lillibridge (who was drafted by the Pirates in 2005) and outfielder Brandon Jones, Rays right-hander Jeff Niemann and a trio of pitchers with the Mets’ Class AA Binghamton farm club — left-hander Matt Niese and right-handers Eddie Kunz and Bobby Parnell.

http://www.timesonline.com/articles/2008/07/17/sports/pirates/doc488010257fdda415779793.txt

Kyle man
07-21-2008, 06:55 PM
I could honestly care less about our left handed relievers.

I'd rather aquire Huston Street. The price would be too steep though

Bgpapa1
07-21-2008, 07:46 PM
If we make a move Reyes and Dunc need to be involved. Reyes might turn out to be a good pitcher but it is obvious it will not be with us so we need to get something for him. Dunc is kind of the odd man out out in the outfield. Skip, Ankiel, and Ludwick can start for the rest of the year. Mather and Barton for the backups. If not next year Rasmus will be up soon so one of those 3 will have to go. Basicly we need to get something for them.

GoCards94
07-21-2008, 07:48 PM
The cards have to make at least make one move

Kyle man
07-21-2008, 08:03 PM
I agree. I'd rather have protection for Albert though.

Vegasguy80
07-21-2008, 08:20 PM
I could honestly care less about our left handed relievers.

I'd rather aquire Huston Street. The price would be too steep though

STreet is not that expensive. He is making less than 4mil. I would like to have him too but he isn't a lefty.

You should care about our lefties

stlfan544
07-21-2008, 10:55 PM
I wouldn't mind picking up Damaso Marte, he's a very decent Lefty reliever. We could definitely use him. He's better than what we have now for sure. Villone's not bad but flo just isn't cutting it any more so far.

We need a lefty but also another quality bat in our lineup that can play everyday.

Kyle man
07-21-2008, 11:39 PM
STreet is not that expensive. He is making less than 4mil. I would like to have him too but he isn't a lefty.

You should care about our lefties

I meant for what Billy Beane would want for him. Beane is a genius, he'll figure out a way to screw us up the tailpipe.