PDA

View Full Version : Deals the Heat should have considered more seriously!

Derick713
07-21-2008, 05:04 PM
What if the Heat had bought New Orleans Pick and included it in a swap for Jermaine O’Neal. If the Heat could off gotten O’Neal and Bayless in a deal that would off involved Shaw Marion what’s the downside. O’Neal won’t affect the 2010 cap situation and if healthy will make the Heat contenders until 2010 if 100% healthy.

A Scenario that would have improved the Heat dramatically

1.) Heat buy New Orleans First Round Pick in 2008 Draft

Heat Get- Heat gets Bayless and veteran point guard in the deal.
Pacers First Round Pick- Jerrdy Bayless
Jermaine O’Neal
Marquis Daniels
Jamaal Tinsley

Pacers Get- The Pacers make a deal to get rid of the players that have given the team a bad reputation with the fans. Pacers clear out some bad deals and bad attitudes for Picks and Shawn Marion.
Hornets First Round Pick
Heat Second Round Pick
Pacer 2009 First Round Pick back
Shawn Marion
Mark Blount
Daequan Cook

Second Deal the Heat should do after the above mentioned deal.

Heat Get-
Trenton Hassell
Stromile Swift
Sean Williams

Nets Get-

Udonis Haslem
Dorell Wright
Stephane Lasme

The Second Deal the Heat should consider now- Udonis Haslem for Marcus Williams and Sean Williams. There are many variations of this deal that could take place and I think that Heat should do it if they can get Sean Williams.

Reason for the Nets to deal Sean Williams- The Nets have an abundance off forwards and need to trade some of them so they can develop a rotation that will have consistent minutes. Right now the Nets have Brook Lopez, Yi Jialian, Sean Williams, Josh Boone, Ryan Anderson, Bobby Simmons, Trenton Hassell, Javaris Hayes, Eduardo Najera, Keith Van Horn, and maybe Nenad Kristic. The Nets also want a veteran leader and last time I checked Haslem fits that bill. Plus he doesn’t affect the 2010 cap. I'm sure the Heat could work a deal if they really wanted Sean Williams

THE FINAL RESULT
Jamaal Tinsley/Jerrdy Bayless/Mario Chalmers
Dwayne Wade/Marquis Daniels/Marcus Banks
Michael Beasley/James Jones/Trenton Hassell
Jermaine O’Neal/Joel Anthony/David Padgett
Sean Williams/Stromile Swift/Alonzo Mourning

Hopefully Get ALONZO MOURNING Back after All-Star Break.

noturnormalhero
07-21-2008, 06:11 PM
not even going to read this because nearly all of your ideas are horrible and ridiculous. not even going to open another thread from you. sorry for sounding harsh, but are you reading over your ideas? i skimmed through this and was already shaking my head. jermaine oneal? come on man

MiamiHeatMafia
07-21-2008, 06:49 PM
that was cold

LayZbone
07-21-2008, 08:03 PM
I don't particularly like "what if" scenarios regarding stuff we can't change, cause its in the past. There's no point in talking about draft day trades...the draft is over. Come up with deals we can pull right now. That team looks very deep, but we can't possibly have that right now, so whats the point?

Derick713
07-21-2008, 09:37 PM
I don't particularly like "what if" scenarios regarding stuff we can't change, cause its in the past. There's no point in talking about draft day trades...the draft is over. Come up with deals we can pull right now. That team looks very deep, but we can't possibly have that right now, so whats the point?

The Heat should consider a deal involving Haslem to the Nets. The Heat needs a center and the Nets have Stromile Swift and Sean Williams. The Nets are reportedly considering dealing one of there young forwards for a veteran player like Haslem.

Mario Chalmers/Marcus Banks
Dwayne Wade/Daequan Cook
Shawn Marion/James Jones/
Michael Beasley/Sean Williams
Stromile Swift/Alonzo Mourning

Master Mind
07-21-2008, 10:18 PM
The Heat should consider a deal involving Haslem to the Nets. The Heat needs a center and the Nets have Stromile Swift and Sean Williams. The Nets are reportedly considering dealing one of there young forwards for a veteran player like Haslem.

Dwayne Wade/Daequan Cook

I like this, it's more realistic...Solid line-up...:)

daleja424
07-21-2008, 10:23 PM

Dwayne Wade/Daequan Cook

Haslem/cook for Williams/williams/Swift!!!!!

Chalmers/Williams/Banks
Wade/Jones
Marion/Wright
Beasley/Williams
Swift/Blount/Anthony/Zo

Diehardheatfan
07-21-2008, 10:42 PM
What if the Heat had bought New Orleans Pick and included it in a swap for Jermaine O’Neal. If the Heat could off gotten O’Neal and Bayless in a deal that would off involved Shaw Marion what’s the downside. O’Neal won’t affect the 2010 cap situation and if healthy will make the Heat contenders until 2010 if 100% healthy.

A Scenario that would have improved the Heat dramatically

1.) Heat buy New Orleans First Round Pick in 2008 Draft

Heat Get- Heat gets Bayless and veteran point guard in the deal.
Pacers First Round Pick- Jerrdy Bayless
Jermaine O’Neal
Marquis Daniels
Jamaal Tinsley

Pacers Get- The Pacers make a deal to get rid of the players that have given the team a bad reputation with the fans. Pacers clear out some bad deals and bad attitudes for Picks and Shawn Marion.
Hornets First Round Pick
Heat Second Round Pick
Pacer 2009 First Round Pick back
Shawn Marion
Mark Blount
Daequan Cook

Second Deal the Heat should do after the above mentioned deal.

Heat Get-
Trenton Hassell
Stromile Swift
Sean Williams

Nets Get-

Udonis Haslem
Dorell Wright
Stephane Lasme

The Second Deal the Heat should consider now- Udonis Haslem for Marcus Williams and Sean Williams. There are many variations of this deal that could take place and I think that Heat should do it if they can get Sean Williams.

Reason for the Nets to deal Sean Williams- The Nets have an abundance off forwards and need to trade some of them so they can develop a rotation that will have consistent minutes. Right now the Nets have Brook Lopez, Yi Jialian, Sean Williams, Josh Boone, Ryan Anderson, Bobby Simmons, Trenton Hassell, Javaris Hayes, Eduardo Najera, Keith Van Horn, and maybe Nenad Kristic. The Nets also want a veteran leader and last time I checked Haslem fits that bill. Plus he doesn’t affect the 2010 cap. I'm sure the Heat could work a deal if they really wanted Sean Williams

THE FINAL RESULT
Jamaal Tinsley/Jerrdy Bayless/Mario Chalmers
Dwayne Wade/Marquis Daniels/Marcus Banks
Michael Beasley/James Jones/Trenton Hassell
Jermaine O’Neal/Joel Anthony/David Padgett
Sean Williams/Stromile Swift/Alonzo Mourning

Hopefully Get ALONZO MOURNING Back after All-Star Break.

I wouldnt have done either of these deals to be honest. We are fine just need a solid point guard to help chalmers

ATX
07-21-2008, 10:52 PM
Why do you guy's hate on Derrick so much?...Most people come here and react to what others have said, offering nothing of thier own, just "your a ******" or something to that affect. Derrick on the other hand comes in here and creates ideas, weather good or bad...At least he's giving us something to consider...again, weather it's worth consideration or not...At least he's being creative and not just reactionary...All I'm saying is he provides a perspective and wishes to share some ideas with us...It's not like he's ever been rude or malicious to anyone...I respect Derrick for coming up with his own ideas and not just complaining about everyone elses like so many do. Keep on Derrick! I'll always read...

daleja424
07-21-2008, 10:55 PM
Why do you guy's hate on Derrick so much?...Most people come here and react to what others have said, offering nothing of thier own, just "your a ******" or something to that affect. Derrick on the other hand comes in here and creates ideas, weather good or bad...At least he's giving us something to consider...again, weather it's worth consideration or not...At least he's being creative and not just reactionary...All I'm saying is he provides a perspective and wishes to share some ideas with us...It's not like he's ever been rude or malicious to anyone...I respect Derrick for coming up with his own ideas and not just complaining about everyone elses like so many do. Keep on Derrick! I'll always read...

:cheers: I second that. Even though I dont like this scenario...it is original and he took the time to write down his opinions...no need to be too rude. :D

ATX
07-21-2008, 11:00 PM
:cheers: I second that. Even though I dont like this scenario...it is original and he took the time to write down his opinions...no need to be too rude. :D

I'm glad you share that sentiment.

daleja424
07-21-2008, 11:03 PM
I'm glad you share that sentiment.

Ya. I take no issue with people who think things out and make an effort. Now someone who takes 4 seconds to throw some garbage into a forum like trading marion for walton...I have NO respect for. but Dereck obviously spent a while to try and come up with this... :clap::clap::clap:

..and everyone has bad ideas sometimes... even the ATH Week one winner...:p:p:p JK DUDE!

ATX
07-21-2008, 11:11 PM
Ya. I take no issue with people who think things out and make an effort. Now someone who takes 4 seconds to throw some garbage into a forum like trading marion for walton...I have NO respect for. but Dereck obviously spent a while to try and come up with this... :clap::clap::clap:

..and everyone has bad ideas sometimes... even the ATH Week one winner...:p:p:p JK DUDE!

lol, ya...you got me there...it was a great competition! You deserved to win, but I'll be there for round two....By the way, since not much is happening, why not start ATH round 2 soon? At least I'd have more reason in coming here...Cause now, it's rather boring...I'm pretty sure we've thought about trading Marion for at least half of the leagues players...a quarter of the Euro players...and possibly even a few Eskimos by now.

daleja424
07-21-2008, 11:13 PM
lol, ya...you got me there...it was a great competition! You deserved to win, but I'll be there for round two....By the way, since not much is happening, why not start ATH round 2 soon. At least I'd have more of a reason in coming here...Cause now, it's rather boring, I'm pretty sure we've thought about trading Marion for at least half of the leagues players...a quarter of the Euro players...and possibly even a few Eskimos.

Haha. The problem with starting ATH now is what you just eluded to; Not much going on. I mean the only thing that can be asked at this point is what do you think Riles will/should do... I think I am going to start in a couple weeks..hopefully we will know something by then... I'll talk to Baller though and see what he wants to do...

DQL
07-21-2008, 11:46 PM
that would have been sick if we had got Bayless and Beasley in the same draft.

noturnormalhero
07-22-2008, 09:05 AM
i've explained countless times on his other posts why i disagree with his idea at the time so i found no need to do that again this time. yes, we all have opinions and it's cool to share it with fellow Heat fans. I do appreciate the "thought" he puts in it but even with the paragraphs of explanations he gives, it's still hard to convince me (maybe others too) on his points. i couldnt even tell u what other trade ideas that had me :confused: cuz there's been so many. NOT TO MENTION..AGAIN..another trade idea having it's own thread lol. we've all discussed why jermaine oneal wouldnt be good here and yet i saw his name..so it set me off..wont lie. not saying i dont like the kid, his ideas just are :( most of the time. The Nets idea was good but then again i could have sworn someone else came up with that same scenario not too long ago.

greek miami hea
07-22-2008, 09:54 AM
yeap.u are right.