PDA

View Full Version : Pats sign 2 Free Agents

KmB728
07-21-2008, 05:03 PM
Patriots sign offensive lineman Anthony Clement and Wide Reciever Chris Dunlap

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

what do you guys think of these signings?

KingJamsI
07-21-2008, 07:05 PM
Patriots sign offensive lineman Anthony Clement and Wide Reciever Chris Dunlap

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

what do you guys think of these signings?

I Think Clement is a serviceable starter... he may be a replacement if Snitch Kaczur finds himself unemployed. Dunlap has been on the team before if i'm not mistaken and is surely a camp body.

Crickr
07-21-2008, 08:58 PM
Can't hurt maybe one of them will hang on.

MiamiHeatMafia
07-21-2008, 09:28 PM
Worth a shot to see what they can do.

JetInPhilly
07-22-2008, 03:49 PM
Guys, Clement was dumped because he couldn't learn to block correctly and basically left the right side wide open. You know that though...you kept crushing Chad and Kellen. He's not a starter, by any means, and I think BB is just trying to learn a little about Mangini's plays. It'll show that he don't know crap and he'll be cut before opening day.

Even if you don't get Kaczur back, Clement will be the direct cause of Brady getting his butt kicked. Mind you, I'd like to see you guys lose a few games, but not at the expense of some broken ribs, leg, or anything like that. DO NOT start Clement against a good OLB or DE...he'll get torched and Brady will get knocked out.

Just some friendly advise. Hobson was a nice pick-up though. I hated to see him go. He'll do well for you at ILB.

holywack17
07-23-2008, 01:58 AM
I wouldn't expect him to start even if Kaczur is suspended. Ryan O'Callaghan would be at right tackle.

JetInPhilly
07-23-2008, 11:04 AM
I wouldn't expect him to start even if Kaczur is suspended. Ryan O'Callaghan would be at right tackle.

Me either. Let's face it...as Brady goes, the Pats go. If Brady keeps going down, well...we know what happens. I'm sorry to bring up a sore subject but if the Pats want to get revenge, leave Clement on the Practice Squad at best. Guys...he's a liability and even though I'm a Jets fan, I don't want to see Brady get hurt. He's the best QB of our generation, and if kept healthy he can take a run at all of Favre's records...so try to keep him that way and not put faith in Clement.

That being said, and so I do not look like I'm turning on my own team, I'd like to see him dropped (not hurt mind you) a few times by my boys:) We're comin' 4 ya New England:smoking: