PDA

View Full Version : Why so much trade speculation?

OleState
07-21-2008, 04:18 PM
Hey i was just wondering why there is so much trade speculation in this forum concerning Diaw and Barabosa. Is this just marely fans wanting trades or is there relevant reasons to believe that Suns management really wants to move them? I don't know but it just seems that everyone thinks NBA live and just throws out so many trade possiblities. But i think both are very valuable to the team and as a fan I am loyal to both of them I love to see both in remain Suns

Rome
07-21-2008, 04:43 PM
I prefer 2k8 lol. There is reasons we talk about barbs and Boris because management is looking at the possibilties. You have to remember its a business and sometimes have to ship fan favorites in order to keep winning or look to win in the future and stay a solid team. If a player is underperforming and getin paid a good amount of cash (Boris) they will look to ship that player. Lol every team wants to win and will do what they have to to do it.

STAT32
07-21-2008, 05:11 PM
I think the main reason you hear trade talk is just anxious fans. However, at the same time there may actually be some substance to trading Boris Diaw. Especially considering the fact that we just picked up Matt Barnes which conveniently makes Doris and her giant contract very very expendable.

It would be sad to see Boris go just considering the fact that it's like watching a giant mass of oozing potential walk out your door. But we're not paying Boris just so he can get paid, we're paying him to play like his 05-06 form something he apparently will not be able to do playing beside Shaq and Stoudemire.

whamo
07-21-2008, 05:24 PM
I think the main reason you hear trade talk is just anxious fans. However, at the same time there may actually be some substance to trading Boris Diaw. Especially considering the fact that we just picked up Matt Barnes which conveniently makes Doris and her giant contract very very expendable.

It would be sad to see Boris go just considering the fact that it's like watching a giant mass of oozing potential walk out your door. But we're not paying Boris just so he can get paid, we're paying him to play like his 05-06 form something he apparently will not be able to do playing beside Shaq and Stoudemire.

I agree, Boris just doesn't meet his potential enough. I can't help but think about his breakout season, but that was a while ago...I don't know how much longer he can get by on that reputation alone. I would definitely not trade him just to trade him though. We need to get something with quality back if we trade him.

STAT32
07-21-2008, 05:32 PM
Trade him to memphis for Hakim Warrick and Conley.

Rome
07-21-2008, 10:28 PM
^ I wouldn't mind that one bit.

STAT32
07-21-2008, 10:55 PM
^^ Yea me either, it'd never happen though. But maybe Ivaroni believes in Diaw and he agrees.

One can dream no?

FreedomReigns
07-22-2008, 01:17 AM
Hey i was just wondering why there is so much trade speculation in this forum concerning Diaw and Barabosa. Is this just marely fans wanting trades or is there relevant reasons to believe that Suns management really wants to move them? I don't know but it just seems that everyone thinks NBA live and just throws out so many trade possiblities. But i think both are very valuable to the team and as a fan I am loyal to both of them I love to see both in remain Suns

It's hard to say what management's aim is this offseason. There have been many rumors on trades of both Diaw and Barbosa for many reason's. I for one think they both can serve a role on this team. I also believe that both need to be shipped immediately for obvious reasons.

The point I feel strongest about is future payroll. Specifically next season. If Sarver and Kerr are doing their jobs, than they are trying to right the ship before it sinks and it's sinking fast! Don't believe me? Pay close attention if you care.

Suns 2008/2009:

The personell on this team are fine as a whole. As the roster stands they should be very good. Just my opinion. Here's some quick facts.

Payroll: $72,822,550 (Including Barnes)
Roster size: 11 (1 more spot to fill)

Suns 2009/2010:

This is where it get's real hairy, real fast! Nash and Tucker have team options. Both make a combined $14,196,720. Grant Hill, D.J. Strawberry and Matt Barnes will be unrestricted free-agents.

Payroll: $58,973,845 (Without Nash and Tucker. Luxury Tax Territory)
Roster size: 6 (7 spots to fill. No money to spend.)

C- Shaq/Lopez
PF-Amare
SF-Diaw
SG-Bell
PG-Barbosa

-OR-

Payroll: $73,170,565 (With Nash and Tucker. Deep Luxury Tax territory)
Roster size 8 (3 spots to fill. No money to spend)

C-Shaq/Lopez
PF-Amare
SF-Diaw/Tucker
SG-Bell/Barbosa
PG-Nash

If the Suns can't or aren't willing to spend money this year then how can they be expected to fill a team next year? It's all very clear. Barbosa and Diaw are the most obvious victim's to be moved. Unless Amare, Nash or Shaq get moved first and I don't see those three guys going anywhere.

king4day
07-22-2008, 01:25 AM

lol, u said her.

To the thread starter, it's just cuz they were both heavily rumored to be dealt before the deadline (ie: Maggette, TJ Ford). So since then, the assumption is that they will still be lookin to move them if the right deal presents itself.

STAT32
07-22-2008, 01:28 AM
I meant to say her, we may as well put a girl in Diaws spot at least she might take it to the rim every once in awhile.

Oh and I also said Doris

FreedomReigns
07-22-2008, 01:30 AM
One more thing. Any deal out there will be Diaw and Barbosa either seperate or packaged for expiring contracts and players who offer little in return.

That's if anyone cares to get things worked out next season. There isn't alot of options out there. Do the research. Not many teams will give something for nothing if they don't have alot to begin with. The Suns aren't in a position to be greedy.