PDA

View Full Version : Dodgers should make a deal with Nationals and thats it

TheBatchelor213
07-21-2008, 03:55 PM
If I am the Dodgers I love the makeup of the team as far as our chances to take it all, that is not to say we should not make this one last deal.

We send Andy LaRoche to the Nationals along with a low level prospect if demanded upon for Christian Guzman and Jon Rauch. The trade makes perfect sense because Guzman is not in Washingtons long term plans and probably neither is Rauch, they get a good prospect in return and a low level minor leaguer as well. For us, we get a solid shortstop having a great yr as well as a possible set up man or closer letting us move Park back into the rotation if need be and we can therefore option out Ryan Faulkenberg. Plus, the addition of Guzman gives us leverage if we cannot resign Furcal at seasons end, we have another, cheaper option who is more than formidable.

The best thing about this is we are not blowing up the youth movement and bringing in two solid players. If Jason, Brad and Raffy come back to give us anything at all, its even more icing on the cake. This is the yr! GO DODGERS!

myspace.com/thebatchelorspe

The 6-4-3
07-21-2008, 04:07 PM
guzman would probably fetch a lil more than laroche. the guys is having an All Star year. but he would be the perfect trade for the dodgers, giving us a lil more power, and avg. and a goog glove

Dodgers43
07-21-2008, 04:14 PM
If I am the Dodgers I love the makeup of the team as far as our chances to take it all, that is not to say we should not make this one last deal.

We send Andy LaRoche to the Nationals along with a low level prospect if demanded upon for Christian Guzman and Jon Rauch. The trade makes perfect sense because Guzman is not in Washingtons long term plans and probably neither is Rauch, they get a good prospect in return and a low level minor leaguer as well. For us, we get a solid shortstop having a great yr as well as a possible set up man or closer letting us move Park back into the rotation if need be and we can therefore option out Ryan Faulkenberg. Plus, the addition of Guzman gives us leverage if we cannot resign Furcal at seasons end, we have another, cheaper option who is more than formidable.

The best thing about this is we are not blowing up the youth movement and bringing in two solid players. If Jason, Brad and Raffy come back to give us anything at all, its even more icing on the cake. This is the yr! GO DODGERS!

myspace.com/thebatchelorspe

WHY WOULD THE NATS WANT LAROCHE THEY HAVE ZIMMERMAN AND YOUNG FOR FIRST AND 3RD??

AZDodgersFan
07-21-2008, 04:23 PM
Guzman at SS is a great idea, and Rauch for the Bullpen would be good addition also. LaRouche and a Prospect for those two will not happen. Oakland landed 5 players for Harden and Gaudin in the trade with the Cubs. Phillies traded three prospect for Blanton, and Milwaukee sent 4 prospects to Cleveland for CC. With that said, the cost will be 5 player for 2, with three of those players being true prospects or MLB ready players.

Teams know that LA is looking for a SS, and each team will try to bet as many premium players as possible from the Dodgers.

It will most likely take a combination of LaRouche, Hu, AAA 1B Lindsey, and two pitching prospects to possibly interest Washington in a trade for Guzman and Rauch.

Tapptout
07-21-2008, 04:28 PM
Pitcher's are generally worth more than fielders even a SS like Guzman

pmmr2113
07-21-2008, 04:31 PM
you guys want a guy with a 687 career ops? really? WOW! laroche can put that up in his sleep. just give the kid a chance. dewitt had his chance and he certainly is in a deep deep slump. laroche gets a few starts here and there and that's it. just give him a shot. not one week, but a couple. i guarantee he will put up better numbers than dewitt.

mcpeepants23200
07-21-2008, 05:10 PM
Nats aren't trading Guzman unless they get a very good offer. They are trying to resign him. They aren't stupid. They know it's hard to get an All-Star shortstop and they aren't going to give him up unless they get a couple of very good prospects. I say we stick with Nomar.

Tragedy
07-21-2008, 06:01 PM
Nats aren't trading Guzman unless they get a very good offer. They are trying to resign him. They aren't stupid. They know it's hard to get an All-Star shortstop and they aren't going to give him up unless they get a couple of very good prospects. I say we stick with Nomar.
If the Nationals are smart, they'd trade Guzman while for one of the first times, his value is actually good.

Re-signing him would be such an awful idea. If this team can get good value for him on the market before the 31st, they'd better take it, or I'd be an angry National fan.

bestlakersfan
07-21-2008, 06:39 PM
you guys want a guy with a 687 career ops? really? WOW! laroche can put that up in his sleep. just give the kid a chance. dewitt had his chance and he certainly is in a deep deep slump. laroche gets a few starts here and there and that's it. just give him a shot. not one week, but a couple. i guarantee he will put up better numbers than dewitt.

Thank you! Guzman is having a good year, but why should we trade now? Nomar is playing damn well and we have Berroa (trust me I know) and now Osuna. The guys career OPS, as PMMR said, is .687, which is worse than Pierre's, yes WORSE THAN PIERRE's. And you want to give up a guy who is a better prospect than most all the guys who are up now for him? No thanks.

Give LaRoche a fulltime shot, about 200 ABs in a row, and he will solve the problem we've had at third.

It will most likely take a combination of LaRouche, Hu, AAA 1B Lindsey, and two pitching prospects to possibly interest Washington in a trade for Guzman and Rauch.

Wow, AZDfan am I glad you aren't the GM. Are you sure you aren't Ned Colletti?:eyebrow:

TheBatchelor213
07-21-2008, 07:01 PM
I agree it might take another semi top tier prospect, but I do think LaRoche and that second prospect could get it done, imo, possibly having to add one more low level prospect but nothing more. Since Guzman has been horrible with the Nats up until this year he should not command all that much, but I do see how Rauch could take a little more hence the additional two prospects. It does not make any sense what so ever the Nats extending a contract to Guzman since he has been horrible with them up until this year, probably since its his contact year, and after they re upped with Dimitri Young, you would think they might have learned their lesson, albeit the circumstances differ in a few ways. As far as LaRoche, I agree he COULD be a great ball player, which is why we should not give up too much more in this deal. But with DeWitt already to go and I think a better overall fit for us, there is no place for Andy to play. You do this trade because you get the bullpen depth, and you get a solid shortstop, allowing Nomar and Blake to platoon at third, and if Guzman under performs which I doubt he will, you have Furcal coming back for the playoffs, allowing Guzman to go to the bench adding even more depth.

TheBatchelor213
07-21-2008, 07:04 PM
Guzman at SS is a great idea, and Rauch for the Bullpen would be good addition also. LaRouche and a Prospect for those two will not happen. Oakland landed 5 players for Harden and Gaudin in the trade with the Cubs. Phillies traded three prospect for Blanton, and Milwaukee sent 4 prospects to Cleveland for CC. With that said, the cost will be 5 player for 2, with three of those players being true prospects or MLB ready players.

Teams know that LA is looking for a SS, and each team will try to bet as many premium players as possible from the Dodgers.

Like I said I may have lowballed the Nats somewhat in my offer but Rauch is no CC

pmmr2113
07-21-2008, 07:48 PM
oh and the only reason guzman made the all star game btw is because every team needs to have a rep. if not for that, he's no all star.

BlueMouse
07-21-2008, 07:53 PM
I agree it might take another semi top tier prospect, but I do think LaRoche and that second prospect could get it done, imo, possibly having to add one more low level prospect but nothing more. Since Guzman has been horrible with the Nats up until this year he should not command all that much, but I do see how Rauch could take a little more hence the additional two prospects. It does not make any sense what so ever the Nats extending a contract to Guzman since he has been horrible with them up until this year, probably since its his contact year, and after they re upped with Dimitri Young, you would think they might have learned their lesson, albeit the circumstances differ in a few ways. As far as LaRoche, I agree he COULD be a great ball player, which is why we should not give up too much more in this deal. But with DeWitt already to go and I think a better overall fit for us, there is no place for Andy to play. You do this trade because you get the bullpen depth, and you get a solid shortstop, allowing Nomar and Blake to platoon at third, and if Guzman under performs which I doubt he will, you have Furcal coming back for the playoffs, allowing Guzman to go to the bench adding even more depth.

Wait, is Guzman a horrible player or a solid shortstop? You can't have it both ways and expect the Nats and Dodgers to have different viewsand get different results from the guy.

And if there is no place for Andy to play, why would we then platoon Nomar with DeWitt?

This whole thing doesn't add up. Are the Nats even shopping these guys?

TheBatchelor213
07-21-2008, 08:06 PM
Guzman is having a great year because its his contract year or at least that's how I feel, up until this season he has been HORRIBLE with the NATS, since it is his contract year all indications would point to him continuing on this upward trend till seasons end which would make it advantageous for the Dodgers to go out and get him. What I am saying is, it makes no sense on the Nat's behalf to re up on Guzman because they will fall into the same trap they fell into when they initially signed him, coming off a decent/good season now having the security of a contract and he will quite possibly play like crap again especially for a team that is going nowhere. With the Nat's apparently rebuilding, anyway, it makes even less sense.

As far as platooning Nomar and DeWitt, how does that not make sense? Giving Nomar the majority of the playing time at 3b, but also keeping him rested by playing DeWitt 2-3 times a week, all the while having a 312 hitter now as your everyday shortstop, who is in his contract year, with substantial clutch experience from his days with the Twins. Getting rid of Andy clears up the logjam at third, making a smoother transition for DeWitt to take over as the everyday 3b come next season.

To me it adds up perfectly, I cannot answer your question if the Nat's are actively seeking out teams to deal with, but in the case of Guzman and even Rauch combined with the current state of the NATS it would make sense that they are given the fact that if not traded both players could be suiting up elsewhere next season.

nme
07-21-2008, 08:23 PM
Guzman is having a great year because its his contract year or at least that's how I feel, up until this season he has been HORRIBLE with the NATS, since it is his contract year all indications would point to him continuing on this upward trend till seasons end which would make it advantageous for the Dodgers to go out and get him. What I am saying is, it makes no sense on the Nat's behalf to re up on Guzman because they will fall into the same trap they fell into when they initially signed him, coming off a decent/good season now having the security of a contract and he will quite possibly play like crap again especially for a team that is going nowhere. With the Nat's apparently rebuilding, anyway, it makes even less sense.

As far as platooning Nomar and DeWitt, how does that not make sense? Giving Nomar the majority of the playing time at 3b, but also keeping him rested by playing DeWitt 2-3 times a week, all the while having a 312 hitter now as your everyday shortstop, who is in his contract year, with substantial clutch experience from his days with the Twins. Getting rid of Andy clears up the logjam at third, making a smoother transition for DeWitt to take over as the everyday 3b come next season.

To me it adds up perfectly, I cannot answer your question if the Nat's are actively seeking out teams to deal with, but in the case of Guzman and even Rauch combined with the current state of the NATS it would make sense that they are given the fact that if not traded both players could be suiting up elsewhere next season.

Okay, so I understood the logic behind maybe trying to get Guzman up until your last couple of posts. You suggest that Guzman has been terrible for the Nats during his entire career there and that this season is, for lack of a better word, a fluke, and subsequently, that based on this flukey contract year, the Dodgers should fall for Guzman's bait? Considering how many stupid signings have been made by this team in the past couple of seasons, I fail to see how this logic led you to the idea that we'd benefit from signing Guzman. Or are you simply suggesting that we trade for Guzman as a second half rental this season? In which case, I get where you are coming from, but I hope that LaRoche has more value than just bait for a deadline rental.

TheBatchelor213
07-21-2008, 08:32 PM
I see Guzman as a second half rental and fall back plan if we cannot sign Furcal. I have not followed Guzman ihs whole career but he played well when the Twins were contending so I would not be against resigning him, if we could not reup on Furcal but for the Nats it does not make sense, because what is is motivation, long contract, bad team, they are looking at the same bad pattern. And remember, my proposed deal also included us getting Rauch. If we gave Andy and another minor leaguer for Guzman and Rauch, too me thats a deal we should take in a heart beat because like I said earlier we are not messing with our CORE of young talent, all the while solidifying us as World Series contenders this season. Gotta go to class.

GO DODGERS!

mcpeepants23200
07-21-2008, 08:42 PM
I see Guzman as a second half rental and fall back plan if we cannot sign Furcal. I have not followed Guzman ihs whole career but he played well when the Twins were contending so I would not be against resigning him, if we could not reup on Furcal but for the Nats it does not make sense, because what is is motivation, long contract, bad team, they are looking at the same bad pattern. And remember, my proposed deal also included us getting Rauch. If we gave Andy and another minor leaguer for Guzman and Rauch, too me thats a deal we should take in a heart beat because like I said earlier we are not messing with our CORE of young talent, all the while solidifying us as World Series contenders this season. Gotta go to class.

GO DODGERS!
Why would the Nats trade an All star shorstop and a pretty good closer for two players who haven't proved they can even hit .200 at the major league level(Hu and Laroche)? They already have a very good third baseman in Zimmerman and Guzman is better than Hu will ever be. They would basically be hurting themselves at two positions for a backup corner infielder and a defense only shortstop.

TheBatchelor213
07-22-2008, 01:00 AM
Why would the Nats trade an All star shorstop and a pretty good closer for two players who haven't proved they can even hit .200 at the major league level(Hu and Laroche)? They already have a very good third baseman in Zimmerman and Guzman is better than Hu will ever be. They would basically be hurting themselves at two positions for a backup corner infielder and a defense only shortstop.

ummmm because they are not a good team, guzman has not played well till this season, which happens to be his contract year, and I don't see them replaying the whole process by signing him long term again. and Andy and Hu are still young prospects with high levels of intrigue for a team like the NATS, specifically Andy, even with a plethora of 3b already, Andy is regarded still as a mid to top tier prospect, if they get a better offer somewhere else go for it, but if we were going to offer Andy, Hu, and maybe one other low level prospect, for two guys who are going to probably walk at years end, the NATS should be inclined to accept that offer.

J-Rodzilla
07-22-2008, 05:38 PM
Well Rauch can be scarathed off cuz he's gone to the D-Backs.