PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Williams

GLobo
07-21-2008, 03:54 PM
Hoopsworld said the Nets may be looking to shop him and perhaps Sean Williams or Boone...I think Sean Williams and Marcus Williams added to Wright, Randolph, Ellis would be a nice core for the future

garlicboy
07-21-2008, 04:04 PM
If he can be the back-up on the Nets, I serioulsy doubt he can be a back-up PG on any team in the league.

Guys been in the league a few years now and he couldn't beat out Darrell Armstrong last year.

I thought about this guy, but the NETS wanting to ship him out tells you something.

GrkGawdofWalkz
07-21-2008, 04:16 PM
Williams does a lot of good things, I think he'd be a more traditional PG than anything Ellis can do. Ellis is a gunner from the SG spot. He's not going to fit a traditional role as a starter at the 1. Williams could make a lot of sense.

garlicboy
07-21-2008, 04:21 PM
But why couldn't Williams beat out 40 year old Darrell Armstrong last year?

I liked Marcus Williams as well. Love watching him play at UCONN. Had great vision and always took what the defense game him. He even had the perfect mentor in Jason Kidd for a couple of years.

He did have questionable athleticism for the NBA and I don't know if it caught up to him.

I guess he's worth a shot, but for what? We don't have anything they want. Harrington maybe, but I would rather keep Harrington for unproven players that have had already 2 years in the league to show their worth.

Kdirt
07-21-2008, 04:26 PM
Sean Williams would be a great fit. VVV No, not confused. I want the big man.

garlicboy
07-21-2008, 04:33 PM
Are we getting confused between Marcus and Sean Williams? I'd love to have Sean whose proven he can play, but am unsure about Marcus. Depends on what we give up for him and who else we have in training camp and who else we sign in free agency.

GLobo
07-21-2008, 11:39 PM
I'd actually love them both...maybe send Harrington and Stephen Jax

garlicboy
07-22-2008, 12:27 AM
I'd actually love them both...maybe send Harrington and Stephen Jax

I would not give up Jackson, and if we did, we could get so much more for him.

They say they want a vet. If that's the case, Harrington would fit in perfect. He's a veteran and native of New Jersey.

Harrington for Stromile Swift and Marcus Williams. Problem is, I'm not sure if I want stromile swift.

07-22-2008, 12:43 AM
But why couldn't Williams beat out 40 year old Darrell Armstrong last year?

I liked Marcus Williams as well. Love watching him play at UCONN. Had great vision and always took what the defense game him. He even had the perfect mentor in Jason Kidd for a couple of years.

He did have questionable athleticism for the NBA and I don't know if it caught up to him.

I guess he's worth a shot, but for what? We don't have anything they want. Harrington maybe, but I would rather keep Harrington for unproven players that have had already 2 years in the league to show their worth.

Marcus Williams didn't beat out Armstrong because our ******** coach didn't think he was putting enough effort in on D.

If you look at the 7 games that he started his stats were 11pt/6assists/4reb/1stl and shot .500 from 3pt land.

I think he's got a future as a Mark Jackson type of PG. He just needs time to develop. I actually think he would thrive in your system. I also think NJ would take back Al Harrington and the 2yrs left on his contract.

UNETOWNBAYAREA
07-22-2008, 10:35 AM
I'd rather trade a second round pick for Marcus... Marcus is still a question mark on how productive he can be in the nba..

garlicboy
07-22-2008, 01:07 PM
I'd rather trade a second round pick for Marcus... Marcus is still a question mark on how productive he can be in the nba..

Yeah,
But the Nets have said that they want a vet, and they need to get rid of players. They have more players signed than available roster spots.

cali72888
07-22-2008, 01:44 PM
:clap:looks like marcus williams is going to get the chance he wanted, traded a first for him.
shooting .500 from the three during his 11 starts, he will thrive in nellie ball.:clap:

garlicboy
07-22-2008, 01:50 PM
Marcus Williams didn't beat out Armstrong because our ******** coach didn't think he was putting enough effort in on D.

If you look at the 7 games that he started his stats were 11pt/6assists/4reb/1stl and shot .500 from 3pt land.

I think he's got a future as a Mark Jackson type of PG. He just needs time to develop. I actually think he would thrive in your system. I also think NJ would take back Al Harrington and the 2yrs left on his contract.

The fact that he can't play defense scares me. Means we can't play him with Belinelli, unless we want to give up major points. I like Marcus, but trading away a 1st for a back-up PG? To top it all off a 2011 first? It should have been a 2010 pick.