PDA

View Full Version : Allen Iverson?

Kdirt
07-21-2008, 03:16 PM
ESPN's rumor central suggests the Nuggets are willing to trade Allen Iverson for the right price. Wanted to know what everyone thought about a pontential Iverson/Ellis backcourt. Iverson's 20 million will come off the books after this coming season. So even if we didnt retain him then we could still sign someone else to a potential max offer. Using the trade machine, the only sensible trade I could put together that works is S. Jackson or Maggette, Harrington, CJ Watson, Perovic and maybe a pick for Iverson and Kleiza. Looks like a fair trade. We dont want Harrington anyway, Kleiza has upside. Iverson helps defensively somewhat and fills it up. Hurts losing Jackson, but Iverson will still be a stud for atleast 2-3 years.

garlicboy
07-21-2008, 03:26 PM
No way!

All that trouble for a 1 year rental.

denversgm
07-21-2008, 03:31 PM
i dont think denver would do that, nuggets fans were talking about a baron davis, for AI anda first, but that was basically all they wanted from golden state besides Ellis(which we know u wont trade).

Frnchize
07-21-2008, 03:31 PM
The Nuggets refused to part with Kleiza last season, which is why Artest didn't end up in Denver at the trade deadline. Now he's filler in an Iverson trade?

I just don't see it happening.

kobeonekenobe
07-21-2008, 03:35 PM
A.i is god, if i were him id be looking at going back 2 philly, but any team would be lucky 2 have him. He is a scoring god

Thatruth32
07-21-2008, 03:35 PM
cant see it getting done

FKNRUEHH925
07-21-2008, 03:36 PM
No way!

All that trouble for a 1 year rental.

i agree AI is like 33 years old or somp like that and he prob has only 1-2 MAYBE 3 decent years left in him. but y trade our 22 year old C and the captain of our team for a one year fix getting AI and loosin key players will not get us over the hump. it would be exciting to see AI in a golden state jersey but it would be much nicer to see the warriors in the nba finals. make a trade for someone younger

Saltinuts40
07-21-2008, 03:37 PM
The Warriors want to win a championship, but not with a 1 year rental. Ellis, Biedrins, Turiaf, Maggette, Bellinelli, Wright, and Randolph are our future. Jackson and Harrington might not last their contracts, although their is still a chance at an extension for Jackson for what he brings. Jackson, Ellis, Maggette and Biedrins could be our core for the next 5 years. If we match Buke, that will probably show our direction with Jackson long term.

oracle650
07-21-2008, 03:45 PM
^I hope their is a shot at an extension for jack. he brings it every game. even when he's off he hits his f/t's. something bd didn't even do. I'm looking forward to this season.