PDA

View Full Version : Bellinelli vs Kyle Korver

BigWheel
07-21-2008, 12:27 PM
Just some thoughts about are italian sharpshooter.

Everyone keeps bumping their expectations of him to ballhandler when he has not even solidified his real game of Sharpshooter in the NBA.

Isn't he just an imported yet improved version of Kyle Korver?

Isn't that what we really need on our team, an outstanding and consistent outside shot. Knowing that it will come with better ball handling, better passing ability and the possibility of being able to drive the lane when it opens like the Red Sea ( face it he may have problems being his own creator at this level).

All I hope to see out of Marco is improved confidence when on the floor, quality team play and help defense, and being our best outside shot.

Does anyone really think he will be any more than that?

I'll settle for good minutes and high percentage shooting.

garlicboy
07-21-2008, 12:38 PM
He can pass and dribble the ball, why limit the guy?

It's summmer league so the Dubs should experiment.

Thatruth32
07-21-2008, 01:32 PM
Just some thoughts about are italian sharpshooter.

Everyone keeps bumping their expectations of him to ballhandler when he has not even solidified his real game of Sharpshooter in the NBA.

Isn't that what we really need on our team, an outstanding and consistent outside shot. Knowing that it will come with better ball handling, better passing ability and the possibility of being able to drive the lane when it opens like the Red Sea ( face it he may have problems being his own creator at this level).

All I hope to see out of Marco is improved confidence when on the floor, quality team play and help defense, and being our best outside shot.

Does anyone really think he will be any more than that?

I'll settle for good minutes and high percentage shooting.

i wish he could shoot the ball half as good as korver... lets make sure we take this for what it really is summer league.. he did this last year and couldnt hit many shots to save his life last season... even in his good games he still misses too many wide open shots even when he is hot...i hope he can hit shots with a good fg%

UNETOWNBAYAREA
07-21-2008, 01:34 PM
watching him play during the season he does have some touch on his shot... His shot is a bit erratic at times ( shoots well off balance though) , i feel thats the reason he didnt play much last year. Bellinelli can possibly be a starter down the line... maybe the next Peja but with handles?

Dont ask him to play D though....

ULT WARRIOR408
07-21-2008, 01:47 PM
^lol

garlicboy
07-21-2008, 02:24 PM
Belinelli stated himself, that he's a "streak shooter." He seems to make the tough off balance, stop on a dime shots, but has trouble when he's wide open. Kinda reminds me of Rex Chapman shooting wise, when their hot, their hot.

Saltinuts40
07-21-2008, 02:39 PM
NBA comparisons usually lead to dissapointment. Instead of saying Randolph is the next KG, or Bellinelli will be Kyle Korver, let them be themselves.

Randolph might not end up nearly the defensive presence as KG, but might become more versatile on offense.

Bellinelli might end up with a more versatile offensive game, and could be even more of a liability on offense than Korver.

LET'S JUST LET THEM BE THEMSELVES.

garlicboy
07-21-2008, 02:45 PM
Comparison's and sports go hand and hand. Get over it. People in other forums are more excited about Anthony Randolph than we seem to be. He was voted the 2nd most impressive rookie in the Summer league behind Jerryd Bayless.

Anthony Randolph getting compared to KG is a good thing.

Another example of comparisons in sports.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/39391-brandon-roy-vs-monta-ellis-nba-combo-guard-comparison

R.Miller
07-21-2008, 03:49 PM

Dont see how bellineli right now is better than korver. has the potential to be, but thats about it.

I think bellineli will be just a good shooter (if he ever gets his confidence up). Nothing more or nothing less, doubt he will become an all star.

FNM BOY
07-22-2008, 12:09 AM
NBA comparisons usually lead to dissapointment. Instead of saying Randolph is the next KG, or Bellinelli will be Kyle Korver, let them be themselves.

Randolph might not end up nearly the defensive presence as KG, but might become more versatile on offense.

Bellinelli might end up with a more versatile offensive game, and could be even more of a liability on offense than Korver.

LET'S JUST LET THEM BE THEMSELVES.

Good post!:clap:

ridere46
07-22-2008, 12:48 AM
Bellinelli just needs more playing time to hone his skills and confidence. With the possible departure of Buike, he may just get that. Comparisson can be made then. As for Randolph, his future is bright. Can't wait to see him play in Oakland. Can't compare anyone to KG at this point. He's one bad@$$.

Beno7500
07-22-2008, 04:26 AM
He is better than Korver.

Beno7500
07-22-2008, 04:27 AM
watching him play during the season he does have some touch on his shot... His shot is a bit erratic at times ( shoots well off balance though) , i feel thats the reason he didnt play much last year. Bellinelli can possibly be a starter down the line... maybe the next Peja but with handles?

Dont ask him to play D though....

I don't think he will be nearly as good as Peja.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-22-2008, 01:03 PM
He's A Spot Up Shooter Nothing More Nothing Less Just Like Kyle Corver

rosco
07-23-2008, 07:50 AM
The problem is the Coach Don Nelson, he sticks to starting his veteran players, Kids need minutes to develope. GSW have alot of talent and thats the only way for them to mature and develope is minutes. Belinelli has way more upside than Kyle Korver, u can see it in his game. Korver is a spot up shooter. Belinelli can create his shot from anywhere on the Floor, also Marco has good court vision, good passer looking at making others better and good Team defender, especially the way GSW likes more of the Uptempo/Transition style of basketball and are offensive orriented, can't get any better than Belinelli.

garlicboy
07-23-2008, 01:43 PM
^ Nelson's first year back, he started a short and scrawny second year player at off guard by the name of Monta Ellis.

Nelson plays rookies and youngsters if they can play. I'm tired when people spout blatantly false information. He plays guys who can play and help him win like any other coach in the NBA, cause the want to win. Brandan Wright didn't play cause unfortunately... he's a bust. He couldn't dominate summer league, 14 pts and 7 rebs in 30 minutes in summer leauge? Those are horrible stats in the NBA, and the NBA is much tougher.

JLantern
07-23-2008, 01:53 PM
^ Nelson's first year back, he started a short and scrawny second year player at off guard by the name of Monta Ellis.

Nelson plays rookies and youngsters if they can play. I'm tired when people spout blatantly false information. He plays guys who can play and help him win like any other coach in the NBA, cause the want to win. Brandan Wright didn't play cause unfortunately... he's a bust. He couldn't dominate summer league, 14 pts and 7 rebs in 30 minutes in summer leauge? Those are horrible stats in the NBA, and the NBA is much tougher.

you're exactly right. people always say nelson doesnt play youngsters, but he doesnt play youngsters WHO CANT PLAY. if you can ball, you get on the court period. cwebb played, mitch richmond played, tim hardaway played.

about brandan wright, ive been a supporter of his and i still think he will be a decent player, but i think thats all he's gonna be. A DECENT PLAYER. i say if we can move him for a potential star, we should. like you said, he should be dominating summer league and he hasnt. he even stated in an article hes trying to be a glue guy and do a little of everything for the team. ITS FREAKING SUMMER LEAGUE, you gotta go out and kill folks, and he isnt doing that. i dont think hes a bust (yet), but i would like to move him if possible.

garlicboy
07-23-2008, 02:42 PM
^ There were rumors that we tried to shop B. Wright during the draft, but there were no takers. Other teams in the league know he sucks. We'd be lucky to get a first for him. Who'll give up a first for a 205 PF who was mediocre in summer league??? I'd say Isiah, but he's no longer with the Knicks.

JLantern
07-23-2008, 03:23 PM
i dont remember which thread it was in, but one of the espn analysts was saying that b. wright has looked good so far in training camp. i dont believe half of those rumors about trades. i dont think everyone is sold on him, but i dont believe the league feels he sucks. sebastian telfair has a job, so someone can be sold on any player

oracle650
07-23-2008, 04:01 PM
i wish he could shoot the ball half as good as korver... lets make sure we take this for what it really is summer league.. he did this last year and couldnt hit many shots to save his life last season... even in his good games he still misses too many wide open shots even when he is hot...i hope he can hit shots with a good fg%

love 2 see it.