PDA

View Full Version : Bayless Named MVP, Added To Select Team

phlp_bj
07-21-2008, 08:04 AM
Portland guard Jerryd Bayless was named the top rookie of the NBA summer league on Sunday after averaging 29.8 points, the Arizona Republic is reporting.

For his efforts, Bayless was also added to the U.S. Select team which will scrimmage against the U.S. National team.

Bayless shot 49 percent from the field during the league. He hit 43 percent of his three-point attempts and collected 4.8 rebounds per contest.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2008/07/20/20080720bayless-ON.html

Bg7getclutch
07-21-2008, 08:36 AM
bayless should have gone to seattle with the 4th pick. I cant believe portland landed him.

Tblaze
07-21-2008, 11:14 AM
bayless should have gone to seattle with the 4th pick. I cant believe portland landed him.

me neither :D:D

MiamiHeat
07-21-2008, 11:49 AM
lol his going to prove alot of teams wrong :D

KmB728
07-21-2008, 12:14 PM
Good for him

JayW_1023
07-21-2008, 02:30 PM
I like Bayless' explosive scoring ability alot, but I think Portland got rid of the wrong point guard. Steve Blake sees the floor but lacks the toughness, defensive ability and knack for big plays that Jack had.

The Blazers would've been much more solid at the point guard spot if they kept Jack instead of Blake. Brandon Roy does much of the playmaking anyway, so that makes Blake more expandable. Jacks toughness meanwhile would really have been an asset for the future.

Bayless' is more of a scoring point guard and would fit great with Roys unselfishness in the back court...Roys playmaking skills will allow Bayless to play off the ball and not be pressured to be a playmaker. My guess is that's why they kept Blake. But personally I believe the Blazers would be much better with Jack as starter and Bayless as a scoring guard off the bench.

KB24PG16
07-21-2008, 02:56 PM
hes goin be good

Dirty Dirk41
07-21-2008, 05:07 PM
I like Bayless' explosive scoring ability alot, but I think Portland got rid of the wrong point guard. Steve Blake sees the floor but lacks the toughness, defensive ability and knack for big plays that Jack had.

The Blazers would've been much more solid at the point guard spot if they kept Jack instead of Blake. Brandon Roy does much of the playmaking anyway, so that makes Blake more expandable. Jacks toughness meanwhile would really have been an asset for the future.

Bayless' is more of a scoring point guard and would fit great with Roys unselfishness in the back court...Roys playmaking skills will allow Bayless to play off the ball and not be pressured to be a playmaker. My guess is that's why they kept Blake. But personally I believe the Blazers would be much better with Jack as starter and Bayless as a scoring guard off the bench.

Your right, Jack is the better player. And that why the Pacers wanted him for bayless instead of Blake.. Jeez the Blazers got a young and bright future they dont NEED EVERYTHING given to them

superkegger
07-21-2008, 05:24 PM
Oden, Aldridge, Frye, Fernandez, Outlaw, Webster, Roy, Bayless, Batum, Rodriguez.

****. That's one hell of a core. That's 10 guys to build around. If Frye, outlaw, webster, batum fernandez bayless or rodriguez turn out to be stars, ****. This team is just oozing with young talent.

Rockets Fanatic
07-21-2008, 05:27 PM
Does anyone know what the all tournament team is?

dre1990
07-21-2008, 05:35 PM
he was a steal

Wake's Fastball
07-21-2008, 05:36 PM
I've got exclusive rights on having Jerryd Bayless sigs. It's been about a year now.

_Sn1P3r_
07-21-2008, 06:48 PM
This guy has a bright future. Can't wait to see Roy and Bayless grow together and create a dominate backcourt.

greg_ory_2005
07-21-2008, 06:53 PM
Portland is way too good. Good thing they're in the West. :D

Tblaze
07-21-2008, 06:54 PM

I don't agree with you, Blake is some of the limited veteran experience we have on this team. Besides he is quite a good 3 pt shooter... Jack was very turnover prone and if it got the deal done to land Bayless I'm all for it :) He's a great backup I agree, but that's it... Bayless can become so much more I think.

Master Mind
07-21-2008, 07:07 PM
Bayless is the real deal, I don't see how all those teams ahead of Indiana (Aside from Chicago and Miami) passed on him especially the teams that needed a guard...

He was definitely a steal for the Blazers!!!!!

PostYourEyes
07-21-2008, 07:18 PM
he was a steal.

IndiansFan337
07-21-2008, 07:56 PM
The Select Team is pretty solid with wings now. They just need some bigs. Hopefully Oden will be ready to get paired with Howard by the 2012 Olympics.