PDA

View Full Version : should?....

Hellcrooner
07-21-2008, 03:19 AM
i was watching some old taped vhs with nba games from mid 90s and i ran across a game between Celtics and Hornets that was really spectacular and i met again one of my heroes back then.

The one and only MUGSY Bogues.

i inmediately remebered how fond i was of his game considering he was not only "small" for the nba but a complete MIDGET even for normal life.

then i started to think, well maybe he never was an all star , never won a ring, or a dunk contest, never lead the assists or any other category in the rankings, he was never on nbas first team or aveaged 20 points a game.

but, considering his height and th heart he put into the game, and teh difficult taks he had to go trough to arreive in teh nba having to work 1000 times harder than anybody else to prove he could be there and not only that byt managing to be not a Midget token player but an effective rotation player ( and starter some times) and not to be a one hit wonder but rmain in teh league for a long time.

Having all of this on account....
SHouldnt he be on the HOF? i sure would put him there, he deserves.

And of course i woudl like Hornets to retire his shirt too....

ugadawgsfan17
07-21-2008, 12:02 PM
Ha it's a nice thought, but any guy who has a career PPG of 7.7 can't be in the hall of fame. He was fun to watch though

arkanian215
07-21-2008, 12:14 PM
i was watching some old taped vhs with nba games from mid 90s and i ran across a game between Celtics and Hornets that was really spectacular and i met again one of my heroes back then.

i inmediately remebered how fond i was of his game considering he was not only "small" for the nba but a complete MIDGET even for normal life.

then i started to think, well maybe he never was an all star , never won a ring, or a dunk contest, never lead the assists or any other category in the rankings, he was never on nbas first team or aveaged 20 points a game.

but, considering his height and th heart he put into the game, and teh difficult taks he had to go trough to arreive in teh nba having to work 1000 times harder than anybody else to prove he could be there and not only that byt managing to be not a Midget token player but an effective rotation player ( and starter some times) and not to be a one hit wonder but rmain in teh league for a long time.

maybe in 50 years when our pgs are 6'5" and our centers are 7'3"

LakerfaninKY
07-21-2008, 12:16 PM
Muggsy Bogues in the HOF.....please tell me you are joking.

dawgsfan_45
07-21-2008, 12:17 PM
maybe in 50 years when our pgs are 6'5" and our centers are 7'3"

they already are...

rriders9
07-21-2008, 12:22 PM

I dont think heart alone is enough for the HOF. he needs a couple of those things to be put in there with the best of all time

Voodoo Alchemy
07-21-2008, 12:24 PM
For a minute there, I thought you were suggesting he comes out of retirement to back up Nash.

arkanian215
07-21-2008, 12:26 PM
they already are...

haha i meant on average.

dawgsfan_45
07-21-2008, 12:55 PM
haha i meant on average.

i know. :confused:

BigEric
07-21-2008, 01:30 PM
I'd like to see him in the hall for that reason, but he's not going to get in.

black1605
07-21-2008, 01:36 PM

lol at this paragraph...try reading that one out loud

all true though, Muggsy was and is the man

SHONIE
07-21-2008, 02:24 PM
definitely not a HOFer

durqtitan
07-21-2008, 03:22 PM
Maybe not a HOF player, but i remember watching him when i was a kid. He did tons for the game, he showed kids that its not all about your size or natural ability its about hard work. This guy ran a very good NBA team. He was the floor leader for Zo and Larry Johnson in the Hornets early to mid 90's run.

cambovenzi
07-21-2008, 03:27 PM
is he one of the best players ever?
no.
therefore no HOF IMO.

argo
07-21-2008, 04:34 PM
wow, people please put the topic of your threads in the title.

superkegger
07-21-2008, 04:35 PM
If heart got you into the HOF, then I could get in. But it doesn't and shouldn't. Great guy, fun player, but not a HOFer. Role players don't get into the HOF. Otherwise steve kerr would be there.

_Sn1P3r_
07-21-2008, 04:41 PM
Not one of the greatest players ever so no HOF. Loved watching old games of him as a Raptor though.