PDA

View Full Version : Warriors 15 man roster? You tell me

esscobar05
07-21-2008, 01:26 AM
Warriors 15 man Roster? You tell me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We do not need L. Williams or D. West .. If we are in the market for a PG, we need to ;ook at a bigger stronger guard... We already have enough D. West and L. Williams on the squad (i.e. CJ Watson Moonta Ellis) All are baiscally the same size and do the same thing. I would hope that the remaining cap dollars be used for Buike... We can sign Bobby Brown as the third PG that Nellie wants. In my opinion Buike is one of the those sleepers that if he started h could average 15 pt. 6 rb 5 assist... And 3 mil a season is well worth it.. Don't give the money to the same type of players that we already have.. At least he has played n the ystem and wold not have to start from scratch... I think that if the Dubs let him go it will be one of those mistakes that we have regretted many times in the past.,... The squad that we have right now is good including Buike;; This is how I see the roster being
PG
Ellis, Watson, D. Nelson
SG
Belinelli, Jackson, Buike
SF
Maggette, Randolph,
PF
Harrington, Wright, Hendrix
C
Biedrins, Turiaf, Perovic
That leaves one roster spot.....Looks like we need a SF more than a PG... If need be we could always have Captain Jack bring the ball up the court.. What do you guys think?

garlicboy
07-21-2008, 01:33 AM
VERY premature. We don't even know who's playing in the RMR tomorrow. If we somehow sign Bobby Brown, he's our back-up PG for the season, I'm calling it now. MTV in the Euroleague, Geoff Petrie, Nelson, Chris Paul are all over this guy. CP3 has called and talked to him personally.

"No doubt this guy can play in this league." Words from Danny Granger 1 year ago, before he even tore up the summer league. He's alos been the workout partner of B-diddy.

TrueFan420
07-21-2008, 02:31 AM

PG
Ellis, Watson, D. Nelson
SG
SF
Maggette, Randolph,
PF
C
That leaves one roster spot.....Looks like we need a SF more than a PG... If need be we could always have Captain Jack bring the ball up the court.. What do you guys think?

Belinelli will not start over Jackson

garlicboy
07-21-2008, 02:40 AM
Highly doubt DeMarcus Nelson making the team. Not even sure Perovic is going to come back. He didn't even play in the summer league, and he's second year player.

Amundson is not playing with the Dubs in the RMR, so that should free up a ton of minutes for Hendrix to play and Kurz (I'm never going to count out an big man with a good shot of making a Don Nelson squad).

Saltinuts40
07-21-2008, 02:52 AM
1. PG Monta Ellis
2. PG C.J. Watson
3. SG Stephen Jackson
4. SG Marco Bellinelli
5. SF Corey Maggette
6. SF Anthony Randolph
7. PF Al Harrington
8. PF Brandan Wright
9. PF Richard Hendrix
10. C Andris Biedrins
11. C Ronny Turiaf
12. C Kosta Perovic
-----------------------
Kelenna Azuibuke can be retained if we match his 3 year 9 million deal
Austin Croshere is still a possibility to be brought back, but very doubtful
DeMarcus Nelson, among others, could be signed off the Warriors Summer League roster

Mickael Pietrus, Matt Barnes, Baron Davis are all gone to the Magic, Suns, and Clippers respectively.

With three PF's and three C's, we will probably move Al Harrington, most likely for a PG, but if we sign a FA or RFA PG, we could move him for another big man.

With Louis Williams available, we might offer more than the Sixers would be willing to spend on their backup PG.

Here is my hope for the 15 man roster for this year.

PG Monta Ellis
SG Stephen Jackson
SF Corey Maggette
PF Al Harrington
C Andris Biedrins
--------
PG Louis Williams
SG Marco Bellinelli
SF Kelenna Azuibuike
PF Brandan Wright
C Ronny Turiaf
--------
PG C.J. Watson
SF Anthony Randolph
--------
PF Richard Hendrix
C Kosta Perovic
_______________ (leave open for option of adding a player in case of injury)

ULT WARRIOR408
07-21-2008, 03:19 AM
Your wright but but jackson would start over marco plus at some point nellie will come to his senses & have mag50 switch positions with jackson

esscobar05
07-21-2008, 07:21 PM
I think that the need for a another PG does not trump the need for another physical player...A rebounder is our biggest need... If Hendrix can surprise that would be a huge boost if not, we can still be a playoff team....

likemystylez
07-21-2008, 08:12 PM
Belinelli will not start over Jackson

Bellineli wouldnt start over buikee either if the warriors re-sign him.

likemystylez
07-21-2008, 08:16 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PG
Ellis, Watson, D. Nelson
SG
SF
Maggette, Randolph,
PF
C

First of all- Have you ever watched a don nelson coached game? He definitely is not going to stick to position by position

Second of all- I would argue that jackson and Randolph are more of small forwards than shooting gaurd and power forward.

small forward is probably the one position they definitely dont need. maggette, Jackson, Harington, Randolph all can play that position..... buikee could too if we re sign him.

Also ellis isnt going to be a full time point gaurd, thats why we need another point gaurd. Getting a 3 would be pointless right now

esscobar05
07-21-2008, 10:16 PM
Two things; when I made this post I was just placing them in order by position not naming starters... So, even though Belienilli is first under SG Iit dosen't mean that I think that he would start... There is no way that he starts.. It's a no brainer.. As far as Jackson and Randolph goes those are the positions that Nellie had them enciled in Jackson SG Randolph at the 3... I see CJ as a good part time Pg... Someone to come in for 10-15 minutes.. I do not think that they should spend money on another PG. Reason? Monta played a lot of minutes and that will not change and I do not see how they will have two small guards 170 lbs on the floor much at the same time... Lou Williams and D. West along with CJ Watson all are in the small guard conversation... That is why I like D. Nelson because he is a little bigger than the others and is known for his defense.. I think that another guard would be a waste of money when it can be used in Buike.. Losing Buike to a rival will be a mistake in my opinion.

DbOyZ_ILiVe4DIs
07-22-2008, 11:20 AM
1. PG Monta Ellis
2. PG C.J. Watson
3. SG Stephen Jackson
4. SG Marco Bellinelli
5. SF Corey Maggette
6. SF Anthony Randolph
7. PF Al Harrington
8. PF Brandan Wright
9. PF Richard Hendrix
10. C Andris Biedrins
11. C Ronny Turiaf
12. C Kosta Perovic
-----------------------
Kelenna Azuibuke can be retained if we match his 3 year 9 million deal
Austin Croshere is still a possibility to be brought back, but very doubtful
DeMarcus Nelson, among others, could be signed off the Warriors Summer League roster

Mickael Pietrus, Matt Barnes, Baron Davis are all gone to the Magic, Suns, and Clippers respectively.

With three PF's and three C's, we will probably move Al Harrington, most likely for a PG, but if we sign a FA or RFA PG, we could move him for another big man.

With Louis Williams available, we might offer more than the Sixers would be willing to spend on their backup PG.

PG Monta Ellis
SG Stephen Jackson
SF Corey Maggette
PF Al Harrington
C Andris Biedrins
--------
PG Louis Williams
SG Marco Bellinelli
SF Kelenna Azuibuike
PF Brandan Wright
C Ronny Turiaf
--------
PG C.J. Watson
SF Anthony Randolph
--------
PF Richard Hendrix
C Kosta Perovic
_______________ (leave open for option of adding a player in case of injury)

That sounds good to me. The only thing would be if the owners would be willing to go over the salary cap. Does anybody know how the Bird rights work. Are we allowed to go over the salary cap with no luxury tax if a restricted player didn't sign another teams offer sheet?

likemystylez
07-22-2008, 12:34 PM

PG Monta Ellis
SG Stephen Jackson
SF Corey Maggette
PF Al Harrington
C Andris Biedrins
--------
PG Louis Williams
SG Marco Bellinelli
SF Kelenna Azuibuike
PF Brandan Wright
C Ronny Turiaf
--------
PG C.J. Watson
SF Anthony Randolph
--------
PF Richard Hendrix
C Kosta Perovic
_______________ (leave open for option of adding a player in case of injury)>>

Sounds alright but I don' think it will be possible to retain azabuikee AND sign Louis Williams.... I think it is either one or the other, and frankly I would go with Williams because 1) we are far more in need of a point gaurd now, 2) Louis Williams has more upside, 3) with Magettee, monta and jackson ... buikee wont get much time... the time that is left over can be given to marco.

garlicboy
07-22-2008, 01:30 PM
PG: Monta, Marcus, CJ
SG: Jax, AZ, Bellinelli
SF: Maggette, Randolph,
PF: Harrington, Wright, Hendrix
C: Biedrins, Turiaf, Perovic

Here's our roster. 14 players and the Dubs have mentioned in the past that they would like to keep 1 open in case somebody is out there, or somebody gets cut. All we have to do is re-sign Buike, and I think the we're going to do that. Hopefully Perovic will stay in Europe. Either way, our roster is pretty much set.

I like it.

kobecain08
07-22-2008, 02:53 PM
pietrus, barnes, davis and maybe buike out

turiaf, maggette, marcus williams in

FC_4_life
07-22-2008, 03:52 PM
Someone sig quote me: We will sign Maurice Evans!!!

gowarriors
07-23-2008, 09:10 PM
Ellis
Williams
Belinelli
Maggette
Azubuike
Jackson
Randolph
Wright
Harrington
Biedrins
Turiaf
Hendrix
Watson

That's 13, if they sign Azubuike.

Perovic is wants to play in Europe and I think they'll let him go.

If I'm reading this right, they are still going to need another true PF.

I also think they'll go into the season with a 14 man roster, not 15.

So being that the Unrestricted FA pool is not all that appealing, I see a 1 for 2 man swap or a 2 for 3 man swap in the works.

garlicboy
07-24-2008, 05:17 PM
Now we need to sign Monta and Biedrins, and we're at 14.

PG: MONTA, M-Dub, CJ
Swingmen: JAX, Bellinelli, Buike
Forwards:MAGGETTE, AL Randolph, Hendrix, B. Wright
Centers: AB, Turiaf, Kosta

garlicboy
07-24-2008, 05:57 PM
PG: Monta
SG: Jax
SF: Maggette
PF: Al
C: Biedrins
6th: Buike
7th: Turiaf only for Biedrins

8th-10th: Marcus/Belinelli/Randolph

*Belinelli plays more if Monta shows, or he shows he can play point.
*Marcus plays more if he is in shape and can actually play.
*Randolph-He will play any position from 2-5.

Riding Pine: BW-don't see how he beats out Randolph/Turiaf, Hendrix-ditto.
Suit and tie: CJ And Perovic

15th rost spot: Open or we may pick up DeMarcus Nelson or Jamont Gordon. I think they leave it open. I do think Gordon has the edge over Nelson though

oracle650
07-24-2008, 06:07 PM
Your wright but but jackson would start over marco plus at some point nellie will come to his senses & have mag50 switch positions with jackson

give it 4 games

garlicboy
07-24-2008, 06:33 PM
Jackson-30
Maggette-29
Al-28
Turiaf-25
Azubuike-25
CJ- 24 I think
Marcus Williams-23
Anthony Morrow-23
Perovic-22 I think
Biedrins-22
Monta-22
Belinelli-22 I think
Wright-21
Hendrix-21
Randolph-19

We're one young -ss team. We're going to be monsters in 1-2 years!!!

garlicboy
07-24-2008, 06:57 PM
We have too many players, and not enough minutes. We need to trade Al for semi-retired Eric Snow and a 2nd round pick.

http://www.******.com/src_tradechecker/3/

kobecain08
07-28-2008, 11:17 AM
monta ellis, marcus williams, cj watson
corey maggette, marco belinelli, azabuike, anthony morrow
stephen jackson,richard hendrix
al harrington,ronny turiaf,brandan wright, anthony randolph
biedrins,perovic

OUT: Baron davis, mikael pietrus, patrick obryant

GWarrior
07-28-2008, 02:05 PM
if Ellis doesnt work out as PG

marcus, cj
ellis, belinelli, morrow
maggette, jax, buike
harrington, wright, randolph, hendrix
biedrins, turiaf, perovic

morrow/hendrix/perovic wont even by available on the bench unless one of
Then, you have 12 players than can play at any time. A very deep bench trying to figure out who would be our PG if Ellis doesnt work out. i hope that marcus do well.

Saltinuts40
07-28-2008, 07:05 PM
PG Monta Ellis
PG Marcus Williams
PG C.J. Watson
SG Stephen Jackson
SG Marco Belinelli
SG Anthony Morrow
SF Corey Maggette
SF Kelenna Azubuike
SF Anthony Randolph
PF Al Harrington
PF Brandan Wright
PF Richard Hendrix
C Andris Biedrins
C Ronny Turiaf
C Kosta Perovic

We are set for 08-09. We are three deep at every position, so the three guys who don't dress will depend on where we need depth. My guess is Perovic, Hendrix, and Morrow are the most likely to sit and be practice players, with Perovic possibly playing overseas and Hendrix and Morrow possibly playing in the D-League.

esscobar05
07-29-2008, 08:31 PM
PG- Ellis, Williams, Watson
SG- Jackson, Belinelli, Morrow?
SF- Maggette, Azubuike, Randolph
PF- Harrington, Wright, Hendrix
C- Biedrins, Turiaf, Perovic

There are 3 guys that will not be in uniform ea game..
Three left out..... Hendrix, Perovic, Morrow
Believe ir or not we do not have 3 point shooters as in the past...
We lost- Pietrius, Barnes, and BD all shot a lot of threes.. The only guy that we picked up that is really a 3 point threat is Maggette and that is not really his game... We will be the fun team in the league again but this year many more free throw attempts.. A lot os slashers on the squad.. I CAN"T WAIT....G O D U B Z ! ! ! ! ! !

gouldjg
07-31-2008, 12:41 PM
PG- Ellis, Williams, Watson
SG- Jackson, Belinelli, Morrow?
SF- Maggette, Azubuike, Randolph
PF- Harrington, Wright, Hendrix
C- Biedrins, Turiaf, Perovic

There are 3 guys that will not be in uniform ea game..
Three left out..... Hendrix, Perovic, Morrow
Believe ir or not we do not have 3 point shooters as in the past...
We lost- Pietrius, Barnes, and BD all shot a lot of threes.. The only guy that we picked up that is really a 3 point threat is Maggette and that is not really his game... We will be the fun team in the league again but this year many more free throw attempts.. A lot os slashers on the squad.. I CAN"T WAIT....G O D U B Z ! ! ! ! ! !

This is a good thing. I couldn't stand it when we would just stand around the 3 point line and launch up 3's if a team went to a zone against us. I think this year we will be a lot more effective in the half court offense, because we will attack the basket and creat opportunities for cutters and more open looks than just jacking up 3's.

danbuc0101
07-31-2008, 05:29 PM
I dont think watson, perovic, or morrow will see any playing time this year. I dont think that we'll see wat hendrix is capable of until next year. Unless wright completely falls apart this year and shows he is a bust.

esscobar05
07-31-2008, 09:54 PM
I disagree with CJ not getting playing time.. I figure that there will games where Monta goes back to the 2 and M Dub and CJ will handle the bulk of the ball handling.. Either way I feel that we have a deep squad that is capable of a 4-5 seed... They need to play Harrington at the 4 in the blocks... Shoot the three when it is there but, keep him in the paint and help out on the boards.... It is up to Nellie... Al can play but he needs to be used right.. I think that Nellie will mak the adjustment (and if we keep AL) we will see a big improvemment...

ULT WARRIOR408
07-31-2008, 10:09 PM
You Mean Marcus Williams Or Dumarcus Nelson Will Handle The Point For Monta Ellis At Times Watson Aint Gonna Make The Team

esscobar05
08-01-2008, 12:05 AM
CJ's contract will be will become guaranteed at midnight... Nellie said that he is keeping 3 PG's