PDA

View Full Version : Who is better now when healthy: Yao or Dirk?

TmacYao2
07-20-2008, 11:26 PM
I say Yao.

DQL
07-20-2008, 11:42 PM
why Rockets fans always make comparisons and say their players are better? Dirks former MVP no way Yao is better than him. Yao even can't win a playoffs series. This is ridiculous

TmacYao2
07-20-2008, 11:48 PM
why Rockets fans always make comparisons and say their players are better? Dirks former MVP no way Yao is better than him. Yao even can't win a playoffs series. This is ridiculous
Why do you post here? Exactly, Please do not even post in my threads anymore, in fact put me on ignore.

carter15
07-21-2008, 12:42 AM

hes right.

Beno7500
07-21-2008, 02:07 AM
Darko Millicic > Yao Ming

Dirk Nowitzki is better than Yao

TmacYao2
07-21-2008, 01:46 PM
4-4.

Mile High Champ
07-21-2008, 03:11 PM
Dirk, he has more talent and has the ability to carry a team better than Yao. Even though having a great center is better than have a great PF, Dirks ability to step outside and hit the 3 or mid range makes his offensive game awesome, You can never give the guy space or he willl burn you. Plus the mavs have actually been to the finals. How far has Yao gone? ohh I forgot he is never ever able to even play in the playoffs due to injury.

TmacYao2
07-21-2008, 05:50 PM
damn 5 dumb straight people had to post.

travesy3
07-21-2008, 06:39 PM
Depends what you want really. Yao is the most dominant back to the basket player in the game now. While Dirk is arguable the most versatile big man in the league. I take Yao simply based on the fact he is a traditional big man in the NBA which appears to fare better in winning championships rather than a big softy 7 foot jump shooter(Who happens to be very talented not a knock on him lol).

Yao can anchor a team when healthy, Dirk, I'm not so sure(Defensively at least)

Spurred1
07-21-2008, 07:26 PM
Depends what you want really. Yao is the most dominant back to the basket player in the game now. While Dirk is arguable the most versatile big man in the league. I take Yao simply based on the fact he is a traditional big man in the NBA which appears to fare better in winning championships rather than a big softy 7 foot jump shooter(Who happens to be very talented not a knock on him lol).

Yao can anchor a team when healthy, Dirk, I'm not so sure(Defensively at least)
But Yao has not won anything, nor anchored the team to anything beyond first round playoff losses. He is usually on the sidelines with injuries as well. (Although, I think the Darko>Yao bit by Beno7500 was a bit harsh.)

travesy3
07-21-2008, 07:33 PM
But Yao has not won anything, nor anchored the team to anything beyond first round playoff losses. He is usually on the sidelines with injuries as well. (Although, I think the Darko>Yao bit by Beno7500 was a bit harsh.)

This thread is "When Healthy" so that is what the basis of my opinion comes from. And what has Yao been given to anchor? He has shown he can dominate, he makes the playoffs, Dirk has had 1 good year of the playoffs, Yao is 6 years pro, he still has a while to go before he is a failure in the playoffs to the extent Dirk has been. Yao would not lose with that cast Dallas has.

Spurred1
07-21-2008, 08:15 PM
This thread is "When Healthy" so that is what the basis of my opinion comes from. And what has Yao been given to anchor? He has shown he can dominate, he makes the playoffs, Dirk has had 1 good year of the playoffs, Yao is 6 years pro, he still has a while to go before he is a failure in the playoffs to the extent Dirk has been. Yao would not lose with that cast Dallas has.
Really? You think Yao would get anything done with a ******** and dope addled Josh Howard, a streaky Jason Terry, a backup of either Damp/Diop-probably Diop would be the backup, and a rapidly aging Jason Kidd?
Yao's been in the league for 6 years-he's had plenty of chances to show what he can and can't do. Dirk's screwed up plenty, but he's had more than one good year in the playoffs-Yao has yet to advance beyond the first round during his time in the league while playing with T-Mac. Dirk's had some failures in the playoffs, but Yao has got quite a few of them himself.

travesy3
07-21-2008, 08:33 PM
Yao has never had anything more than one allstar on him team, that being Francis or T-Mac, who has been in and out. And dude, don't act like the dope and **** decreases Josh Howard's basketball ability, he is an all-star, regardless of what he does in the offseason. Kidd is still a top PG in the NBA defending and distributing, and Terry is a shooter whom of which Yao can find out of the double teams he would likely face. Diop would take the load off of Yao IMO, if they found each other on the floor, seeing as Yao has struggled injury wise Diop would lighten the load for sure, rather than having a bunch of scrubbies or Scola who is a softy Euro.

Dirk has always had a better team than Yao has.

Beno7500
07-21-2008, 08:45 PM
Yao is nothing

travesy3
07-21-2008, 10:38 PM
Yao is nothing

Quality post

EDIT- Guess I shouldn't be talking :lol:

sanfranfan1210
07-21-2008, 10:54 PM
Dirk

Spurred1
07-21-2008, 11:28 PM
Yao has never had anything more than one allstar on him team, that being Francis or T-Mac, who has been in and out. And dude, don't act like the dope and **** decreases Josh Howard's basketball ability, he is an all-star, regardless of what he does in the offseason. Kidd is still a top PG in the NBA defending and distributing, and Terry is a shooter whom of which Yao can find out of the double teams he would likely face. Diop would take the load off of Yao IMO, if they found each other on the floor, seeing as Yao has struggled injury wise Diop would lighten the load for sure, rather than having a bunch of scrubbies or Scola who is a softy Euro.

Dirk has always had a better team than Yao has.
Howard was an All Star well over a year ago, and that was essentially only because other players were injured-he was a sub. His play in the second half of this season and postseason was pretty poor. Kidd only joined the Mavs in Feb.-he is no longer a top defender, either. He remains an excellent distributor, though.
Terry is a very inconsistent shooter who scores 30 points one night and 5 the next. He is not a reliable scorer in any way. Diop is not a scoring center at all, doubt he could remove much pressure from Yao.
The Mavs' bench this past season was garbage, with the exception of Bass.

Mile High Champ
07-22-2008, 11:11 AM

You have really showcased your ignorance everytime you post.

TmacYao2
07-22-2008, 11:38 AM
You have really showcased your ignorance everytime you post.
Quit talking to the mirror :p

TmacYao2
07-23-2008, 01:15 PM
6-10

PhillyLuver
07-23-2008, 01:17 PM

Holy crap dude.

Why make a poll when you're going to rag on the people who don't agree with you.

Yao isn't god, you don't have to keep making stupid threads and verbally attacking everyone who doesn't like Yao as much as you