PDA

View Full Version : Would you have traded for JT?

iam brett favre
07-20-2008, 08:07 PM
have given up the picks that the skins did to get Taylor? (2nd in 09, 6th in '10) I would have, personally.

wissportsfan
07-20-2008, 08:10 PM
Definately not for a 2nd and a 6th round pick.

socalpkrbkr
07-20-2008, 08:23 PM
No

XJW18
07-20-2008, 09:49 PM
Yesss
we couldve moved Cullen Jenkins back to the DT spot and our D-Line wouldve been extremly better!! Johnny Jolly is gonna be gone for like 4 games now too.
man that wouldve been beautiful!
but he also didnt wanna come to GreenBay soo i understand why they didnt try harder.
plus he only wants to play like 1 more season.

servais77
07-20-2008, 10:51 PM
Abso****inglutely

twelvePack
07-21-2008, 01:15 AM
They really only gave one pick, a second rounder, because a sixth round pick doesn't mean ****.

brandonwarne52
07-21-2008, 01:20 AM
They really only gave one pick, a second rounder, because a sixth round pick doesn't mean ****.

I don't think I'd agree with the notion that a 6th rounder doesn't mean anything.

Good scouting departments find solid players in the late rounds....

beast
07-21-2008, 01:29 AM
I wouldn't trade a 2nd for a guy that is already talking about maybe retiring next season before this season even began.

beast
07-21-2008, 01:40 AM
I don't think I'd agree with the notion that a 6th rounder doesn't mean anything.

Good scouting departments find solid players in the late rounds....

6th or later draft picks

Korey Hall
Desmond Bishop
Mason Crosby
DeShawn Wynn
Johnny Jolly
Tyrone Culver
Mike Montgomery
Corey Williams
Scott Wells
David Martin
Mark Tauscher
Donald Driver
Matt Hasselbeck
Marco Rivera
Adam Timmerman
Bill Schroeder
Mark Chmura
Ty Detmer
Chris Jacke
Don Majkowski

skip a few years

Bart Starr

yup, a 6th round pick is worth less. Can't get anything for it.

brandonwarne52
07-21-2008, 01:41 AM
Well I know we've gotten some good players late, too.

newdude
07-21-2008, 01:45 AM
Too high, the Phins kind of gotten the better end of the bargain.

beast
07-21-2008, 01:50 AM
Too high, the Phins kind of gotten the better end of the bargain.

Yeah they did.

hughest4
07-21-2008, 03:16 AM
It honestly really depends on who they planned on being the starting QB. If it was Rodgers then i wouldn't have wasted a 2nd on JT. If Favre was the starter then i would have definitely considered it and probably would have pulled the trigger. The reason being that with Favre it would have been a win-now mode, and with Rodgers we are building towards the future

brandonwarne52
07-21-2008, 05:39 AM
....while STILL winning now, likely.

robdizzle3
07-21-2008, 06:08 AM
Dan Snyder takes risks and thats what I like about him unlike Ted who never takes one at all even if it is so obvious and thats why I really dont like him.Adding JT woul have made us a much better team because we could have taken some pressure off of Kampman and moved Cullen back to his original position plus we could have kept the same scheme as last year on D because we would have been able to generate a better rush up front but cant do anything about it now

Rtardz
07-21-2008, 06:29 AM
Taylor traded to the Redskins

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80967072&template=with-video&confirm=true

Cubber
07-21-2008, 09:44 AM
Dan Snyder takes risks and thats what I like about him unlike Ted who never takes one at all even if it is so obvious and thats why I really dont like him.Adding JT woul have made us a much better team because we could have taken some pressure off of Kampman and moved Cullen back to his original position plus we could have kept the same scheme as last year on D because we would have been able to generate a better rush up front but cant do anything about it now

Dan Snyder has not done anything with these huge "risks" except blow through coaches, veterans, and capital. I assure you he has approached Bo Jackson about a comeback on more than one occasion. Snyder is willing to pull the trigger but he surrounds himself with the wrong people. A 2nd and 6th for Taylor? This is why the Redskins have sucked since he took over ownership. Then again, maybe he'll give up two firsts for Favre. I'd take that.

beast
07-21-2008, 10:49 AM

I agree JT would of made us a better team, a 2nd round pick, for a players that has already talked about maybe retiring next year, and starting his Hollywood career, and one that doesn't want to come to GB.

I find it funny when people say, TT never takes risk, because it's not true. Unless you call, cutting Wahle and Sharper, not resigning Rivera and Green, going with Morency/Herron/rookies as your starter, signing a player that every one says is done in Woodson, drafting Rodgers and Harrell and signing MM who had who was the OC for the worst offense to be your head coach, unless you call all of those easy safe moves, those are risk.

Dan Snyder has not done anything with these huge "risks" except blow through coaches, veterans, and capital. I assure you he has approached Bo Jackson about a comeback on more than one occasion. Snyder is willing to pull the trigger but he surrounds himself with the wrong people. A 2nd and 6th for Taylor? This is why the Redskins have sucked since he took over ownership. Then again, maybe he'll give up two firsts for Favre. I'd take that.

It does seems like Snyder does fail a lot, with those big risk. If did get Clinton Portis but in that he also lost Champ Baily. He hasn't been taking as huge risk lately (until JT), and has been doing good.

SEAN21REDSKINS
07-21-2008, 12:18 PM
a 2nd and a 6th for Jason Taylor, the guy who on average puts up 10.5 sacks per year? and said he will DEFINETELY play more than one year, your lieing to yourself if you wouldnt have made that trade

favre_4life
07-21-2008, 02:04 PM
Is this really even a question? Seriously! Why would you not trade for Jason Taylor? Even if it is for a year. He immediatly brings more pressure to apposing quarterbacks, hard work ethic, more team chemistry, not to mention he a great for a locker room. He brings so much more to the table then just his attributes on the field. He would instantly make our defense easily one of the top 3 in the NFL.

Ryan Diesel
07-21-2008, 02:13 PM
He'll play more than one year, I don't know how anyone is fooled by that.

RcrkllrH2
07-21-2008, 02:17 PM
He'll play more than one year, I don't know how anyone is fooled by that.

he literally said hed play for two

he said "i know that i said i would only play one, but ill fulfill my contract and play two"

twelvePack
07-21-2008, 06:21 PM

he said "i know that i said i would only play one, but ill fulfill my contract and play two"

Yeah, I think that was a condition of the trade too, that he would play for two seasons. I think he would have anyway, and was just telling the Dolphins that to get out of Miami.

Rtardz
07-21-2008, 07:22 PM
does anybody really expect TT to actually pull the trigger on any transactions anymore? Granted he has done some good things, but we have a GM who will never EVER trade for any big name athelete.

ryanph30
07-21-2008, 08:55 PM
No, JT is not that needed and we can get a very very good player in the 2nd round and a solid guy in the 6th. Who knows how long JT is going to play? Why get him for only one year?

hughest4
07-22-2008, 02:18 AM

Just because Jason Taylor is saying he is playing 2 more seasons, it doesn't necessarily mean that he is telling the truth. Maybe he was just saying it because he really wanted a trade and that would make him more appealing to the teams that wanted him. When he retires is up to him, so it certainly could be next year if thats what he chooses to do.