PDA

View Full Version : Miami heat keeping Marion

heatfan123249
07-20-2008, 06:59 PM
Guys I know u all are trying to come up with trade ideas for Marion, but he's not going any where the heat are going to keep him,for free agency next year, and if the year plays out well we can try giving him an extension instead of a max for Boozer

Force25
07-20-2008, 08:07 PM
Of course hes gonna be good. All nba players wants to play really good during their last year of the contract.

Mambo Kings
07-20-2008, 08:36 PM
"Miami heat keeping Marion" suggests they already made plans to keep him :no:

P.S. Marion is gone to Free Agency next year if they haven't already traded him

DrHoops21
07-20-2008, 09:42 PM
Guys I know u all are trying to come up with trade ideas for Marion, but he's not going any where the heat are going to keep him,for free agency next year, and if the year plays out well we can try giving him an extension instead of a max for Boozer

I somewhat agree. Yes, it is very likely that Marion will finished his contract with Miami, given that teams don't really want him because he is overpaid, and we will have extra money when he leaves. But you have to remember we have Riley running things. He has gotten us out of jams before and I believe he can do it again. Not saying he will or how he will, but there is def a chance. Any offensive team who is look to get tougher, improve their defense and versatility, will be somewhat interested in Marion. And if we can make numbers work, we can use to him fill other positions. I think we already have a SF, Beasley should start there, and Haslem at PF. Now we just need a starting PG and C. With MArion at SF and Beasley at PF...and whichever scrub on our team that ends up at C, we are TOO SMALL and you guys all know it. We are not going anywhere this season with a starting frontcourt of Beasley and Blount. We need to shift Beasley to SF and pick up a C or a scoring PF for Haslem and/or Marion and w/e pieces. Then make a move for a PG with those pieces. So use MArion, Halsem, young guys(Cook, Wright, Banks), draft picks and money...to get...a C and a PG...a PG and PF...or a C and PF and use. I don;t evern know what I'm talking about anymore, please tell me if anything I said makes sense... I just don;t want Beasley to be at PF, I like him so much better at SF. And that means MArion should go asap. Id hate to just give up on this season, but I think that will be the case if we do not move MArion/Haslem and fill in our missing pieces...