PDA

View Full Version : Are the Magic good enough to win the NBA Title with this current team next season?

JordansBulls
07-20-2008, 03:36 PM
Are the Magic good enough to win the NBA Title with this current team next season? Or do you think they are still lacking something?

PG Nelson/Johnson
SG Pietrus/Bogans
SF Hedo/Lee
PF Rashard/Battie/Cook
C Dwight/Gortat

Anon
07-20-2008, 07:15 PM
I still do not think our team depth is championship material. We need to get someone who can start at the 4 (Collison, Haslem) to give us more flexibility. We still need someone else at the point also, IMO. We cannot count on Johnson all year, or Nelson for that matter. Of course, if Howard develops a jump shot and can hit 70% from the charity stripe, forget everything I just said.

DSM
07-20-2008, 10:45 PM
Are the Magic good enough to win the NBA Title with this current team next season? Or do you think they are still lacking something?

PG Nelson/Johnson
SG Pietrus/Bogans
SF Hedo/Lee
PF Rashard/Battie/Cook
C Dwight/Gortat

In a word...NO. You don't go from losing in 5 during the divisional round to winning a title by signing mickael pietrus.

*Superman*
07-21-2008, 12:16 AM
Wish i could say yes, but no...we have no depth, no front court, overload of gaurds and pretty much 1-1/2 PGs considering Johnson's age.

atomik102
07-21-2008, 03:13 AM
if we can get a decent back up pg then i think we can make the conf. finals,and lewis is playing pf or is lee playing sf so get ur crap together before you post, van gundy only had lewis at pf cause battie got hurt

magicman 1
07-21-2008, 12:27 PM
Absolutely positively no. Otis is going to take up too many roster spots with non productive players. Take for instance if he brings Adonal back. That means when Dwight sits thats what we have to look forward to. Now when K evin Garnett sits or Kendrick Perkins sits, the options @ the power positions are productive Leon Powe, a tough Glenn Davis, a promising big big man in Patrick O'bryant, possible P.J. Brown, serviceable Scalabrine, and maybe a rugged Scott Pollard. Not a bad pool to pull from for reserves. Let us not forget the remainder of the east teams talent pool are increasing in a major way. Through trades or acquisitions are 08-09 roster should look like this.
P.G - Jameer Nelson - Javaris Critenton - Anthony Johnson
S.G. - Mickael Pietrus - Courtney Lee - Keith Bogans
S.F. - Rashard Lewis - Hedo Turkoglu - Rodney Carney
P.F. - Branden Wright(via trade of J.J. W/G.S.)or Josh Smith - B. Cook - T. Battie
C. - Dwight Howard - Lorenzen Wright or Kwame Brown - Marcin Gortat

Not a bad depth chart. This is a start. This would make for very spirited practice sessions. The luxury of having a descent talent pool.

*Superman*
07-21-2008, 03:06 PM
Absolutely positively no. Otis is going to take up too many roster spots with non productive players. Take for instance if he brings Adonal back. That means when Dwight sits thats what we have to look forward to. Now when K evin Garnett sits or Kendrick Perkins sits, the options @ the power positions are productive Leon Powe, a tough Glenn Davis, a promising big big man in Patrick O'bryant, possible P.J. Brown, serviceable Scalabrine, and maybe a rugged Scott Pollard. Not a bad pool to pull from for reserves. Let us not forget the remainder of the east teams talent pool are increasing in a major way. Through trades or acquisitions are 08-09 roster should look like this.
P.G - Jameer Nelson - Javaris Critenton - Anthony Johnson
S.G. - Mickael Pietrus - Courtney Lee - Keith Bogans
S.F. - Rashard Lewis - Hedo Turkoglu - Rodney Carney
P.F. - Branden Wright(via trade of J.J. W/G.S.)or Josh Smith - B. Cook - T. Battie
C. - Dwight Howard - Lorenzen Wright or Kwame Brown - Marcin Gortat

Not a bad depth chart. This is a start. This would make for very spirited practice sessions. The luxury of having a descent talent pool.

I don't see any of those happening...ever. Josh Smith will comand big money, from 10-14mill per year and we definitely don't have that. Bradnen Wright is young talent with potetial, but JJ would never get that trade done. I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted 3-4 1st rounders with that. Rodeny Carney is going to stay in Minni, and The Heat aren't giving up on Wright and Brown will most likely not be in a Magic Jersey cause Otis has no interest in him.

That list is too unrealistic, don't get your hopes high on it.

magicman 1
07-21-2008, 10:10 PM
Well, I most definitely see how one would think the list is to unrealistic, but you really can't blame a fan for dreamin. I really dont see much of this happening either but I am trying to open up some dialogue as to how this franchise should be thinking on a larger level.Trust the hopes arent going to be getting to high. Thats for the Celtic fans, I bet they never thought they would have that 15 strong roster or maybe the spoiled Piston fans who grew accustom to productive substitution after productive substitution. Maybe not this line up but hey if we want to be a championship contender we dont do it with the likes of a Foyle and Reddick.

*Superman*
07-21-2008, 11:29 PM
Well, I most definitely see how one would think the list is to unrealistic, but you really can't blame a fan for dreamin. I really dont see much of this happening either but I am trying to open up some dialogue as to how this franchise should be thinking on a larger level.Trust the hopes arent going to be getting to high. Thats for the Celtic fans, I bet they never thought they would have that 15 strong roster or maybe the spoiled Piston fans who grew accustom to productive substitution after productive substitution. Maybe not this line up but hey if we want to be a championship contender we dont do it with the likes of a Foyle and Reddick.

No i can't

DragOn2
07-25-2008, 01:54 PM
OTIS! get us a real PF!!!!!

Reezy
07-25-2008, 05:07 PM
I need to see Pietrus play.

*Superman*
07-25-2008, 05:58 PM
^ Yeah i can't wait, i hope its a great as i am expecting.