PDA

View Full Version : Two Teams that should do whatever they can to get over the hump are the .....

JordansBulls
07-20-2008, 02:48 PM
Two Teams that should do whatever they can to get over the hump are the:

Dallas Mavericks and Phoenix Suns

Both teams have been title contenders for at least the last 4 years but never have been able to get over the hump. Both teams window of opportunity is closing and before it completely shuts both teams should be a lot more active then they are.
Both teams should be going after guys like Ron Artest or Vince Carter to put themselves in a better position to win.

For the Mavericks if they could get Vince Carter and him at the SG (something on the lines of a Stackhouse, Eddie Jones and George deal could work), that would give them a lineup of:

Mavericks
PG Kidd/Barea
SG Carter/Terry
SF Howard/Wright
PF Dirk/Bass
C Diop/Dampier

For the Suns they would be better off with someone like Ron Artest, they need that defensive presence and maybe a deal on the lines of Diaw and Barbosa for Artest would work.

Suns
PG Nash/Strawberry
SG Bell/Giricek
SF Artest/Hill
PF Amare/Marks
C Shaq/Skinner

I just think both of these teams need to do whatever they can to put themselves over the top even if it means swallowing up some more money.

SHONIE
07-20-2008, 03:08 PM
Both of those would be nice. But neither will happen.

ee
07-20-2008, 03:09 PM
before I clicked, those are exactly the 2 teams I had in mind because of their main players aging......

lakers4sho
07-20-2008, 03:11 PM
How in world are the Mavs gonna get Carter without trading one of their star player??

JordansBulls
07-20-2008, 03:17 PM
How in world are the Mavs gonna get Carter without trading one of their star player??

Look at what NJ traded Jefferson for? Also I think they could get him based on the fact that the Nets want to have the cap space in 2010. Heck they may be able to get Lebron and Bosh if they have enough cap space.

Chronz
07-20-2008, 03:32 PM
Look at what NJ traded Jefferson for? Also I think they could get him based on the fact that the Nets want to have the cap space in 2010. Heck they may be able to get Lebron and Bosh if they have enough cap space.
Dont underestimate the impact Yi could have on the Nets franchise if his Chinese following shows him the same amount of love they show Yao. The Mavs would have to involve a 3rd team to get Vince IMO, they just dont have anything the Nets want.

ee
07-20-2008, 03:56 PM

I'm expecting the Nets to hold on to VC till the trade deadline.....Wait for teams to get desperate for that 1 piece needed to keep up with their title run.....They'll get more like they did for JKidd.....Teams seems to be willing to give more when they get to see their actual positions for the title plus the wait isn't as long as the off season so there's also some rush involved....

Mman
07-20-2008, 04:28 PM

maybe you can hire ex Raptor GM Babcock and get him to work out the deal or ask him how ?

king4day
07-20-2008, 07:10 PM
Giricek signed somewhere in Europe. Marks likely won't return, but Skinner could. And forgot to add Rookie Lopez. He's quietly having a good summer session.

KB24PG16
07-20-2008, 07:39 PM
the suns have to get a better bench marks and skinner arent goin get it done

madiaz3
07-20-2008, 07:43 PM
Carter isn't worth a star player in return anymore.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-20-2008, 07:52 PM
Two Teams that should do whatever they can to get over the hump are the:

Dallas Mavericks and Phoenix Suns

Both teams have been title contenders for at least the last 4 years but never have been able to get over the hump. Both teams window of opportunity is closing and before it completely shuts both teams should be a lot more active then they are.
Both teams should be going after guys like Ron Artest or Vince Carter to put themselves in a better position to win.

For the Mavericks if they could get Vince Carter and him at the SG (something on the lines of a Stackhouse, Eddie Jones and George deal could work), that would give them a lineup of:

Mavericks
PG Kidd/Barea
SG Carter/Terry
SF Howard/Wright
PF Dirk/Bass
C Diop/Dampier

For the Suns they would be better off with someone like Ron Artest, they need that defensive presence and maybe a deal on the lines of Diaw and Barbosa for Artest would work.

Suns
PG Nash/Strawberry
SG Bell/Giricek
SF Artest/Hill
PF Amare/Marks
C Shaq/Skinner

I just think both of these teams need to do whatever they can to put themselves over the top even if it means swallowing up some more money.
those 2 teams are washed up! they had their chances now utah and new orleans are clearly better.

clehmun
07-20-2008, 07:55 PM
does kidd even want to play with VC anymore?

horry1ur
07-20-2008, 08:33 PM
those 2 teams are washed up! they had their chances now utah and new orleans are clearly better.

And Lakers ohh i forgot we were already better then both:D

dre1990
07-20-2008, 08:45 PM
wont happen, but yea they should try whatever they can do to get over the hump

_Sn1P3r_
07-20-2008, 08:51 PM
maybe you can hire ex Raptor GM Babcock and get him to work out the deal or ask him how ?

Haha.

ee
07-20-2008, 09:40 PM
Carter isn't worth a star player in return anymore.

He was acquired for Aaron Williams:D

Mman
07-20-2008, 11:26 PM
He was acquired for Aaron Williams:D

When i first heard the deal with the Nets I heard the Wiiliams were in the deal I thought Serena and Venus ,,,Great... then I realized it was Eric and Aaron :mad:

JordansBulls
07-22-2008, 06:00 PM
I surely hope Phoenix does something else other than get Barnes. And Dallas needs to do something period.

BlondeBomber41
07-22-2008, 06:04 PM
Dallas, Phoenix, and Cleveland. Really the only options.

durqtitan
07-23-2008, 11:37 AM
Neither of these teams have any money available to them. The mavs have two deals that expire at the end of the year Eddie Jones (2mil) and Jerry Stackhouse (7mil), trading them isn't enough cash to bring in Vince Carter. The suns don't really have any 1 year left players other than Nash (who has a team option next year and isn't gonna get moved) and Grant Hill (who makes less than 2 mil a year). I don't get why the Suns are in such a hurry to move Diow and Barbosa, they would get a decent player in return and then have no bench whatsoever. The only teams that have enough deals that expire in the next two years to make a big move are the Cavs and Bulls. The cavs have Ben Wallace (14 mil for the next 2 years), Wally Szczberiak (13 mil last year of deal), Eric Snow (7.5 mil last year of deal), and Damon Jones (4.5 mil last year of deal). A team like the nets, knicks, or nuggets that are trying to set them selfs up for the summer of 2010 should nab as many of these contracts as they can. If one team could work out a way to grab these for guys they could clear 39 mil in cap space by 2010.

jmiller26
07-23-2008, 11:52 AM
Yah, i think the cavs need to do something to put them over ther edge for next year. Lebron might not be there for many more years, so they need to have a "win now" mentality.

durqtitan
07-23-2008, 12:15 PM
The Cavs Have to make a move if they want any chance at keeping LBJ. heres a trade we were talking about yesterday in a thread about AI getting moved. I doubt it would ever happen, but it would be fun and looks good on paper.

Nice deal. you could also this, might not ever happen but it would be cool.

cleveland gets:
AI - 22 mil
Steven Hunter - 3 mil

Denver gets:
Ben Wallace - 14 mil (but only this year and next left on his deal)
Eris Snow - 7 mil (last year of deal)
Damon Jones - 4 mil (last year of deal)

Then the Cavs could trade

Cleveland gets:
Zach Randolph - 14 mil

Knicks get:
Wally Szczerbiack - 13 mil (deal expires after season, will but them in better position for a free agent run in 2010)

or

Cleveland gets:
Emeka Okafor - sign and trade probably somewhere in the 11 to 13 mil a year range

Bobcats get:
Szczerbiack (same thing, better chance at free agent next year)

The83rdWonder
07-23-2008, 12:18 PM
The Cavs Have to make a move if they want any chance at keeping LBJ. heres a trade we were talking about yesterday in a thread about AI getting moved. I doubt it would ever happen, but it would be fun and looks good on paper.

cleveland gets:
AI - 22 mil
Steven Hunter - 3 mil

Denver gets:

Cleveland gets:
Emeka Okafor - sign and trade probably somewhere in the 11 to 13 mil a year range

Bobcats get:

There is no point in a sign and trade in which the team trading the player only recieves expirings, or lesser talent with bad contracts.

JordansBulls
07-23-2008, 12:28 PM

cleveland gets:
AI - 22 mil
Steven Hunter - 3 mil

Denver gets:

Cleveland gets:
Zach Randolph - 14 mil

Knicks get:
Wally Szczerbiack - 13 mil (deal expires after season, will but them in better position for a free agent run in 2010)

or

Cleveland gets:

Bobcats get:

Not sure how Cleveland gets better in that.

durqtitan
07-23-2008, 12:28 PM
There is no point in a sign and trade in which the team trading the player only recieves expirings, or lesser talent with bad contracts.

Yeah I know, thats kinda why i said it would never happen but its just for fun. I do see Randolph as a trade that could happen, the Cavs need anybody and his contract is not great for the Knicks.