PDA

View Full Version : Six teams curious about George

Sbank
07-20-2008, 01:41 PM
Six teams curious about George
The probability of swingman Devean George returning to the Mavericks next season appears to be decreasing every day. George, a free agent, has at least a half dozen other teams interested in signing him. The Phoenix Suns, San Antonio Spurs, Minnesota Timberwolves, Cleveland Cavaliers and New Orleans Hornets have expressed interest in George. And the NBA champion Boston Celtics could be next in line after they lost 6-8 forward James Posey in free agency. The Mavericks, however, only have two open roster spots left with little money to work with after signing center DeSagana Diop. The Mavericks have the option of re-signing George for more than a minimum contract, however, because he was on their roster last season for about $2.3 million, but Mavs president Donnie Nelson isn't optimistic that they will get a deal done.

Dallas Morning News (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/basketball/mavs/stories/072008dnspomavsgeorge.434d7fd.html)
I not sure what to make out of it. We been interest in a lot of people but have not gone and got them or signed the. If we get him it be a descent move for us.

EdTheRevelator
07-20-2008, 02:17 PM
Great thread title.:clap:

Rosh
07-20-2008, 02:26 PM
I have nothing to say on this topic, I just liked the title.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-20-2008, 03:20 PM
Good title I only see one reason to get George and thats if we trade some of our depth away..