PDA

View Full Version : Rockets' 08-09 12 Man Roster

mightybosstone
07-20-2008, 12:32 PM
So, obviously the starting 5 (barring some crazy trade out of nowhere) will be Alston, McGrady, Battier, Scola, and Yao again. And we just signed Barry, so he's obviously gonna make the cut. Outside of that, we have a ton of guys fighting for 6 roster spots. Loren Woods has already been cut and there is supposedly some trade in the mix that I have a feeling may move Head and Novak. So... out of all the guys left, who does everyone think will make the 12 man roster? Vote for 6 guys.

Reyes6
07-20-2008, 12:51 PM
I chose Mutombo, Novak, Francis, Harris, Greene, Dorsey, Brooks, Other, and Carl Landry.

It will be this... Oh yes, it will be this.

mightybosstone
07-20-2008, 12:58 PM
I chose Mutombo, Novak, Francis, Harris, Greene, Dorsey, Brooks, Other, and Carl Landry.

It will be this... Oh yes, it will be this.

Dude.... you were supposed to vote for 6! How in the hell are they gonna have 15 players on a 12 man roster?

mightybosstone
07-20-2008, 01:02 PM
I voted for Brooks, Dorsey, Greene, Jackson, Hayes, and Mutombo. I had to pick between Hayes and Landry and between Dorsey and Harris. I went with Hayes, because he's more consistent and solid defensively and because there seem to be contract issues with Landry. I picked Dorsey, because he could see time at center and if we lose Landry, we could use his athleticism.

nyyfan4life
07-20-2008, 01:24 PM
Voted Brooks, Dorsey, Mutombo, Landry, Jackson and Greene.

mightybosstone
07-20-2008, 01:32 PM
Voted Brooks, Dorsey, Mutombo, Landry, Jackson and Greene.

Yeah, if they manage to bring Landry back, then that's the likely scenario.

yaowowrocket11
07-20-2008, 01:36 PM
I picked:

Mutombo (I believe he will re-sign)
Landry (See Mutombo's comment)
Hayes (I like his consistency, much like mightybosstone)
Brooks (I have high hopes for him)
Dorsey (See Brooks' comment)
Greene (I meant to pick Greene, but selected Francis by accident, if a Mod can change that)

mightybosstone
07-20-2008, 01:37 PM
Something to consider is if they don't bring Mutombo back is keeping Hayes and Landry. They might also keep Landry and Hayes if they don't think Dorsey will be NBA ready at the start of the season and they decide they need another big man down low. Also, there's always a possibility that Greene isn't NBA ready yet and in that case, Harris could get a roster spot.

There are so many possibilities to take into account, that there's no telling which of these 6 guys will be there on opening day.

mightybosstone
07-20-2008, 01:39 PM
I picked:

Mutombo (I believe he will re-sign)
Landry (See Mutombo's comment)
Hayes (I like his consistency, much like mightybosstone)
Brooks (I have high hopes for him)
Dorsey (See Brooks' comment)
Greene (I meant to pick Greene, but selected Francis by accident, if a Mod can change that)

So you think Jackson will be traded or that he just won't make the cut?

yaowowrocket11
07-20-2008, 01:44 PM
So you think Jackson will be traded or that he just won't make the cut?

I probably should have clarified on that.

I believe that Jackson, Head, and Novak will all be traded. Probably not all in one deal. Maybe Jackson for a future second rounder, and Head and Novak for a solid player. Just my opinion.

mightybosstone
07-20-2008, 01:50 PM
I probably should have clarified on that.

I believe that Jackson, Head, and Novak will all be traded. Probably not all in one deal. Maybe Jackson for a future second rounder, and Head and Novak for a solid player. Just my opinion.

I think its possible that we would trade Jackson, but highly unlikely. Also, his 6 million + expiring contract could get us a hell of a lot more than a future second rounder. I think he and Francis' expiring contracts could be excellent bargaining chips around the trade deadline, so I think they hold onto them and Jackson's still good enough to see playing time at PG.

JordansBulls
07-20-2008, 02:23 PM
I say each player the Rockets had last year and Greene and Dorsey.

mightybosstone
07-20-2008, 02:27 PM
I say each player the Rockets had last year and Greene and Dorsey.

That doesn't make any sense, whatsoever. You can't have 15 players on a 12 man roster.

connorg3
07-20-2008, 02:28 PM
I simply pray we lower our median age by about 20 years by signing somebody to replace Motumbo. I like the guy and have nothing but respect for him, but he's not a suitable sub when Yao goes down. There were times he looked like he needed a scooter to get up and down the court last year when he was tired.

I would pick Dorsey, Greene, Brooks, Landry, Jackson and an other to replace Motumbo. We struggle too much on offense lately to justify having two defensive PFs who can't really play C in Hayes and Dorsey. I like Dorsey more overall. I think Hayes stock has went up enough with his play the past few years that he might pull something in a trade. Just my opinion though.:D

bball1217
07-20-2008, 03:10 PM
That doesn't make any sense, whatsoever. You can't have 15 players on a 12 man roster.

Actually we can carry 15 men under contract, but come game time, only 12 players cans suit up, while the other three just sit out that game due to injury or just to many players.
I think it will be:
Starting 5, of course.
6. Brent Barry
7. Carl Landry
8. Donte Greene
9. Aaron Brooks
10. Joey Dorsey
11. Dikembe Mutombo
12. Steve Novak
---------------------------
13. Steve Francis (injuries)
14. Chuck Hayes (will rotate with Dorsey for playing time)
15. Mike Harris (will rotate with Novak for playing time)

I see Jackson and Head getting traded either in a package for a large deal or just alone for a smaller deal. Also I think Maarty Leunen will play in D-League or overseas for a year or two.

Reyes6
07-20-2008, 03:44 PM
I made it 15, oops. Put Novak, Francis, and Harris on IR.

Fixed.

SC1211
07-20-2008, 04:15 PM
Novak will probably be traded, Morey has already hinted at this.

Greene definitely isn't NBA-ready, I doubt he'll crack the rotation.

My list:
Starting 5
6. Barry
7. Landry
8. Jackson
9. Hayes
10. Brooks
11. Mutumbo
12. Head
IR:
13. Dorsey
14. Harris
15. Greene

I think that's the most realistic, I think Dorsey will eventually make the rotation as we make a few trades. Francis is on the edge, if they trade Head, I think he'll make it, but right now, he's my odd man out.

Rhyming Rebel
07-20-2008, 04:49 PM
Donte', Dorsey,Landry, and the return of the franchise.

astrosmaniac
07-20-2008, 05:33 PM
head, steve, and novak need to be traded for a future 1st!!!

oh and jackson will be gone by the trade deadline :D

TMAC94
07-20-2008, 06:23 PM
dont know yet, brooks played pretty well, so did donte greene and joey dorsey. mike harris really suprised me

TMAC94
07-20-2008, 06:28 PM
Novak will probably be traded, Morey has already hinted at this.

Greene definitely isn't NBA-ready, I doubt he'll crack the rotation.

My list:
Starting 5
6. Barry
7. Landry
8. Jackson
9. Hayes
10. Brooks
11. Mutumbo
12. Head
IR:
13. Dorsey
14. Harris
15. Greene

I think that's the most realistic, I think Dorsey will eventually make the rotation as we make a few trades. Francis is on the edge, if they trade Head, I think he'll make it, but right now, he's my odd man out.

how can you say greenes not nba ready?

Alex-sama
07-20-2008, 07:57 PM
6. Barry
7. Jackson
8. Greene
9. Brooks
10. Dorsey
11. Mutumbo
12. Hayes

13. Francis ( IF he get back to his old lvl. he'll be our 6th man)
14. Harris
15. Leunen

SC1211
07-20-2008, 08:28 PM
how can you say greenes not nba ready?

Because I watched him? He's a volume scorer, he takes too many bad shots and doesn't contribute in any other way. He has POTENTIAL, but he's not ready.

rhino17
07-20-2008, 08:42 PM
PG: Rafer Alston//Steve Francis/Aaron Brooks/Bobby Jackson
SG: Tracy McGrady/Brent Barry
SF: Shane Battier/Donte Greene/Mike Harris
PF: Luis Scola/Carl Landry/Chuck Hayes
C: Yao Ming/Dikembe Mutombo/Joey Dorsey

-Jackson will be on the inactive list until he is traded because he blows

-Deke really isnt even used when Yao is healthy so there is not a reason to keep him on the active roster until Yao gets hurt

-Mike Harris is a good hustle guy but just because of the depth at his position, I think he and Dorsey will alternate on the last spot

-Novak will be cut cause he is a scrub

-I am assuming Luther is part of the small trade the Maorey has been talking about, if not, he will be here instead of Jackson

connorg3
07-20-2008, 08:46 PM
Because I watched him? He's a volume scorer, he takes too many bad shots and doesn't contribute in any other way. He has POTENTIAL, but he's not ready.

I watched him as well, and he produces more offense then most of our bench. Last year should've shown that you can win a championship with good D, but not without any O. We were hurting in that department. The kid can create his own shot, and that is what everyone on here complains about us not having enough of. I wish we could tuck him away this year in the D league so he could grow a bit more. I'm just worried we won't have a choice in the matter unless we make some more moves.

SC1211
07-20-2008, 08:57 PM
I watched him as well, and he produces more offense then most of our bench. Last year should've shown that you can win a championship with good D, but not without any O. We were hurting in that department. The kid can create his own shot, and that is what everyone on here complains about us not having enough of. I wish we could tuck him away this year in the D league so he could grow a bit more. I'm just worried we won't have a choice in the matter unless we make some more moves.

If that was the case, Novak would play. You can't have a guy who only contributes in one fashion. He was shooting a poor percentage against guys who likely won't play in the NBA. I don't trust him to do much against the real thing this season. He needs to learn and become smarter.

Manos
07-21-2008, 07:36 AM
I think Novak and Head will be traded. And Jackson, Francis and either Landry, Dorsey or Hayes will be moved at some point this season.

My list:
Starting 5
6. Barry
7. Landry
8. Jackson
9. Hayes
10. Francis
11. Mutombo
12. Brooks
IR:
13. Dorsey
14. Harris
15. Greene

mightybosstone
07-21-2008, 10:06 AM
My thing with Francis is, why should we waste a roster spot on someone who isn't in good shape and will never see playing time?

Tmac to da rack
07-21-2008, 11:25 AM
Mine is S.L PLUS

6. Brent Barry
7. Bobby Jackson
8. Dikembe Mutumbo
9.Donte Greene
10.Carl Landry
11.Steve Francis
12.Aaron Brooks

IR
13.Dorsey
14.Hayes
15.Harris He will make the team, Rockets love this kid, Reboundind Machine!

Head, and Novak will get traded.

mightybosstone
07-21-2008, 12:16 PM
I think Francis will go on injured reserve and the young players who don't make the cut will play overseas or in the D-League.

Manos
07-21-2008, 01:05 PM
My thing with Francis is, why should we waste a roster spot on someone who isn't in good shape and will never see playing time?

Is he in bad shape?

mightybosstone
07-21-2008, 05:00 PM
Is he in bad shape?

All I've heard is that he's in the same shape as he was about this time last year and he proved last season that we wasn't really dedicated to making a comeback.

Chronz
07-22-2008, 12:42 AM
Definitely not play Deke

Jay22Redd
07-23-2008, 09:02 PM
-Novak will be cut cause he is a scrub

I seriously doubt he will be cut. He has some value and we can get something for him