PDA

View Full Version : can we get mo williams?!?!

greek miami hea
07-20-2008, 07:25 AM
now that the bucks signed lue,mo is likely to be traded.which are ur trade ideas for mo?i would love mo and mario as our pg rotation!

fins08
07-20-2008, 08:53 AM
0, 5 year deal not worth taking.

daleja424
07-20-2008, 09:06 AM
0, 5 year deal not worth taking.

Strongly disagree!!! He has a very reasonable contract for a guy that can get you 20/10... We need a PG and he would be worth signing. Plus in 2010 if we had Wade, Beasley, Chalmers, Wright, and Williams as the only players on our pay roll...like it looks now...thats only like 40 mil...with the cap at like 65 mil...plenty of money for another superstar...

daleja424
07-20-2008, 09:07 AM
Id trade Haslem/2nd rounder for Mo...they would reject...then I'd offer Cook/Banks in the deal if they included Mason...then they would accept...

BALLER71
07-20-2008, 09:57 AM
Strongly disagree!!! He has a very reasonable contract for a guy that can get you 20/10... We need a PG and he would be worth signing. Plus in 2010 if we had Wade, Beasley, Chalmers, Wright, and Williams as the only players on our pay roll...like it looks now...thats only like 40 mil...with the cap at like 65 mil...plenty of money for another superstar...

20/10? You think Mo Williams can have 20 points and 10 assists? :eyebrow:

daleja424
07-20-2008, 10:00 AM
20/10? You think Mo Williams can have 20 points and 10 assists? :eyebrow:

as an average...no...in a game...easily....as an average on this team he could probably be a 16/8 guy....

Diehardheatfan
07-20-2008, 11:10 AM

Exactly we need that guy and should do the deals you proposed

DaNtHeMaN628
07-20-2008, 12:07 PM
If we're going after a Buck's PG then you guys are focusing on the wrong guy. We should go after Ramon Sessions. First off he makes very little. Second off he has insane potential. I'm sure most of you are not familiar with Mr. Sessions so I will introduce you via his starting stats last year: On April 12th versus NJ his first start he had 12 pts on 54% shooting, 13 assists, 6 rebounds, 2 steals, and only 2 TOs. On Aril 14 versus Chicago he had 20 pts on 58% shooting, 24 assists, 8 rebounds, 1 steal, 1 block, and only 2 TOs. On April 16th the last game of the regular season against Minnesota he had 25 pts on 64% shooting, 14 assists, 7 rebounds, 3 steals, with only 3 TOs. Oh and by the way, last year was his rookie year. So yeah, I'm in favor of the cheap PG from Milwaukee who can straight up Ball.

daleja424
07-20-2008, 12:53 PM
If we're going after a Buck's PG then you guys are focusing on the wrong guy. We should go after Ramon Sessions. First off he makes very little. Second off he has insane potential. I'm sure most of you are not familiar with Mr. Sessions so I will introduce you via his starting stats last year: On April 12th versus NJ his first start he had 12 pts on 54% shooting, 13 assists, 6 rebounds, 2 steals, and only 2 TOs. On Aril 14 versus Chicago he had 20 pts on 58% shooting, 24 assists, 8 rebounds, 1 steal, 1 block, and only 2 TOs. On April 16th the last game of the regular season against Minnesota he had 25 pts on 64% shooting, 14 assists, 7 rebounds, 3 steals, with only 3 TOs. Oh and by the way, last year was his rookie year. So yeah, I'm in favor of the cheap PG from Milwaukee who can straight up Ball.

If we are going to go with a young unproven PG it will probably be the one we just drafted...

...and they arent going to let sessions go...

DQL
07-20-2008, 01:15 PM
If we are going to go with a young unproven PG it will probably be the one we just drafted...

very true. Remember Sessions was the #56 pick while Chalmers was projected a mid 1st round pick. That means Chalmers has more potential than Sessions. Plus Sessions put up those numbers at the end of the regular season when nobody wanted to play and every team wanted to save their best players for post season.

shift005
07-20-2008, 02:06 PM
Exactly we need that guy and should do the deals you proposed

at this point wade would be looking for a raise

daleja424
07-20-2008, 02:28 PM
at this point wade would be looking for a raise

:confused::confused::confused: huh???

DaNtHeMaN628
07-20-2008, 02:30 PM
very true. Remember Sessions was the #56 pick while Chalmers was projected a mid 1st round pick. That means Chalmers has more potential than Sessions. Plus Sessions put up those numbers at the end of the regular season when nobody wanted to play and every team wanted to save their best players for post season.

Manu Ginobili was the number 57 pick of his draft and Kwame Brown was the number 1 pick of his draft; what's your point? My point was we don't need to trade for Mo Williams when he has 4 years on his contract at $8 to $9 Million a year. Especially, since we want cap space for 2010. I believe Chalmers could be the solution, I loved the way he handled the team in Summer League. Sessions would be a nice pick up that wouldn't involve giving up that much. Look at any game he played a large quantity of minutes in, he was efficient. And we haven't had an efficient PG in a long time. So to summarize do I think Chalmers can be our PG? Yes. Do I think we should trade last years captain for Mo Williams which had a bad year? No. Do I think it serves the Heat to take on Mo Williams' contract? No. Do I think that there are better options we can get for less? Yes. Do I think Ramon Sessions is one of those options? Yes. Do I think Center is a Bigger need than PG stemming from the fact that Chalmers looks solid and Haslem is undersized to play C? Yes.

Dream Scenario:
Marion + Banks for Artest +Brad Miller
Cook or Pick for Ramon Sessions

daleja424
07-20-2008, 02:32 PM
Manu Ginobili was the number 57 pick of his draft and Kwame Brown was the number 1 pick of his draft; what's your point? My point was we don't need to trade for Mo Williams when he has 4 years on his contract at $8 to $9 Million a year. Especially, since we want cap space for 2010. I believe Chalmers could be the solution, I loved the way he handled the team in Summer League. Sessions would be a nice pick up that wouldn't involve giving up that much. Look at any game he played a large quantity of minutes in, he was efficient. And we haven't had an efficient PG in a long time. So to summarize do I think Chalmers can be our PG? Yes. Do I think we should trade last years captain for Mo Williams which had a bad year? No. Do I think it serves the Heat to take on Mo Williams' contract? No. Do I think that there are better options we can get for less? Yes. Do I think Ramon Sessions is one of those options? Yes. Do I think Center is a Bigger need than PG stemming from the fact that Chalmers looks solid and Haslem is undersized to play C? Yes.

Dream Scenario:
Marion + Banks for Artest +Brad Miller
Cook or Pick for Ramon Sessions

But you are highly underestimating how high Milwaukee is on this kid. It will cost us MORE to try to get Sessions then to get Mo...

DaNtHeMaN628
07-20-2008, 02:36 PM

Then why did they pick up Lue? They have too many PGs on their roster. Which is why this thread was made. I'm just saying maybe you guys are focusing on the wrong one.

daleja424
07-20-2008, 02:38 PM
Then why did they pick up Lue? They have too many PGs on their roster. Which is why this thread was made. I'm just saying maybe you guys are focusing on the wrong one.

I know what you are saying...but Mo is the one on his way out. They know they have a gem in Sessions and want to get Mo off th books b/c they feel sessions can be the PG they need. Sessions would be great for us... but he isn't goign to be moved. I think they got Lue to trade Mo and put Sessions as the starter not to move a cheap brilliant young PG...

DaNtHeMaN628
07-20-2008, 02:39 PM
But you are highly underestimating how high Milwaukee is on this kid. It will cost us MORE to try to get Sessions then to get Mo...

Maybe. Maybe not. Why did they sign Lue? Also trading for Richard Jefferson does not signify rebuilding. They are trying to contend.

DaNtHeMaN628
07-20-2008, 02:42 PM
I know what you are saying...but Mo is the one on his way out. They know they have a gem in Sessions and want to get Mo off th books b/c they feel sessions can be the PG they need. Sessions would be great for us... but he isn't goign to be moved. I think they got Lue to trade Mo and put Sessions as the starter not to move a cheap brilliant young PG...

If that's the case, which I believe you don't have a link to say it is, I still believe Mo Williams is not the solution for Miami. We overestimated him last summer and he disappointed. All I'm saying is if we are trading Haslem then lets make it for a center.

daleja424
07-20-2008, 02:43 PM
and they believe sessions will help them contend mroe then williams b/c sessions is more of a pure PG. I have heard several reports that management there is unhappy that Williams is a shoot first PG. With Redd/RJ/Bogut on your team you need a good distributor more then a scorer...

daleja424
07-20-2008, 02:44 PM
If that's the case, which I believe you don't have a link to say it is, I still believe Mo Williams is not the solution for Miami. We overestimated him last summer and he disappointed. All I'm saying is if we are trading Haslem then lets make it for a center.

well Im with you there... but I dont know who we can get...

DaNtHeMaN628
07-20-2008, 02:47 PM
well Im with you there... but I dont know who we can get...

If we did the trade with Sacramento things would be nice. But who knows.

Master Mind
07-20-2008, 03:03 PM

Chalmers went #34 so those projections didn't mean nothing...Ellis went #40 and he's one of the most exciting young players in the game and he's highly coveted by a lot of teams including the Heat...Ramon Sessions is very solid and for them to put Mo Williams (who is a good PG and was resigned by the Bucks) on the trading block says a lot about Sessions...And yeah we got our young PG in Chalmers but you can't just hand him the job without him competing for it so if they were to include Sessions instead of Williams I wouldn't be opposed to it, they're just gonna have to battle it out...That'll prove who'll live up to their potential...

Master Mind
07-20-2008, 03:18 PM

Maybe. Maybe not. Why did they sign Lue? Also trading for Richard Jefferson does not signify rebuilding. They are trying to contend.

and they believe sessions will help them contend mroe then williams b/c sessions is more of a pure PG. I have heard several reports that management there is unhappy that Williams is a shoot first PG. With Redd/RJ/Bogut on your team you need a good distributor more then a scorer...

I see both your arguments and I concluded that whoever is included in a deal whether it's Williams or Sessions, we're still getting a good young PG...It's just at what price...And I do agree that the Bucks have high hopes for Sessions and probably would be willing to part with Williams, a similar case with Golden State and they're PG situation before free agency...GSW ultimately went with Ellis and let BD walk which resembles greatly to Milwaukee's situation...If we are indeed looking into making a deal with Milwaukee just know we're getting a good PG regardless...As long as it isn't Lue :laugh2:

daleja424
07-20-2008, 03:22 PM
Ya if I saw, "heat trade Haslem for Bucks PG" on espn and get excited and then find out it is Lue then I'll :guns: ... but if its either of the other two I'll :dance::dance::dance:

Master Mind
07-20-2008, 03:35 PM
Ya if I saw, "heat trade Haslem for Bucks PG" on espn and get excited and then find out it is Lue then I'll :guns: ... but if its either of the other two I'll :dance::dance::dance:

Im with you on that---> (:no: Tyrone Lue) :horse:...
If we get one of the Buck's PGs (Sessions or Williams) other than Lue--->:dance2::dance2::dance2:

Diehardheatfan
07-20-2008, 04:02 PM

Exactly.. Great point

fins08
07-20-2008, 04:33 PM
Mo is overpaid. For 50 Mill I want 22+ PPG, 11+ APG, and 5+ RPG. He is a great player but he would come at a cost. We would have to do Haslem and Banks for him, right? I like UD, if we trade him, then Marion walks out, who will be our PF in 09? Boozer? Keep UD and trade Marion for Okafor or Monta.

daleja424
07-20-2008, 04:41 PM
Mo is overpaid. For 50 Mill I want 22+ PPG, 11+ APG, and 5+ RPG. He is a great player but he would come at a cost. We would have to do Haslem and Banks for him, right? I like UD, if we trade him, then Marion walks out, who will be our PF in 09? Boozer? Keep UD and trade Marion for Okafor or Monta.

Monta...from everything we are hearing...isn't available. Mo Williams is available. And 8-9 mil a year for a 17/6 guy isn't really that bad... Its better then giving the same money to Hinrich or the other PG options we have discussed...

Diehardheatfan
07-20-2008, 05:44 PM
:confused::confused::confused: huh???

His comment made no sense to me either

Diehardheatfan
07-20-2008, 05:46 PM

A guy named Beasley remember him!!!!!!!!!!! Mo will distribute and attack. He might not give 22 and 11 but he will be way worth the 50 million. I see him given 17 and 9.... Thats good enough for me. Haslem is expendable.

Master Mind
07-20-2008, 05:57 PM
A guy named Beasley remember him!!!!!!!!!!! Mo will distribute and attack. He might not give 22 and 11 but he will be way worth the 50 million. I see him given 17 and 9.... Thats good enough for me. Haslem is expendable.

Most definitely...:smoking:

Diehardheatfan
07-20-2008, 06:14 PM
Most definitely...:smoking:

Thanks dude

DQL
07-20-2008, 11:35 PM
why are you so high on Sessions? He only played 17 games last season and his best games were at the end of the season when almost every team quit fighting. It would give him more credit if he had played good in 40+ games. Playing a few good games doesn't guarantee anything. Having Sessions over Chalmers based on a few games is ridiculous. Sessions is quite overrated. Let's watch Chalmers play some games in NBA level and wait until Sessions plays against real opponents before making any judgement

I Am Awesome-O
07-21-2008, 02:20 AM
Ok just because they picked up Lue doesn't mean at all that they are going to trade Mo Williams. Lue was picked up to be a backup/third point guard and to provide veteran leadership. If they traded Williams, they are only left with one decent point guard in Ramon Sessions. I'm pretty sure they are gonna keep Williams. And if they do trade him away, well they are stupid as **** because they are left with a bunch of backups. Sessions can be a decent player, but he is really unproven and I'm not sure he will be good enough to be a starter.

ATX
07-21-2008, 10:40 AM
Ok just because they picked up Lue doesn't mean at all that they are going to trade Mo Williams. Lue was picked up to be a backup/third point guard and to provide veteran leadership. If they traded Williams, they are only left with one decent point guard in Ramon Sessions. I'm pretty sure they are gonna keep Williams. And if they do trade him away, well they are stupid as **** because they are left with a bunch of backups. Sessions can be a decent player, but he is really unproven and I'm not sure he will be good enough to be a starter.

I agree. With the departure of Yi, the Bucks could certainly use Haslem...so who knows...However, I've always thought the Bucks will hold onto Mo.

noturnormalhero
07-21-2008, 12:06 PM
I agree. With the departure of Yi, the Bucks could certainly use Haslem...so who knows...However, I've always thought the Bucks will hold onto Mo.

well they have charlie V even though bucks fans on the forums rip him everytime on his lack of defense so i guess to them haslem would be an upgrade..

aside from that.. i rather go after marcus williams (not saying he's better than mo) but it's a cheaper option. i mean seriously..last year we offered him a contract..he went to a higher bidder..now we want a trade to get him? so we would be paying him more than what we offered ? am i the only one that finds that strange?

King Koopa
07-21-2008, 07:25 PM
How about we just keep Mario and give him a chance....

King Koopa
07-21-2008, 07:31 PM

i much rather have, an extra 11 million a year so that we can sign 2 superstars maybe, Bosh and try to get Oden or horford or butler because they become Restricted.

Pg Mario
Sg Wade
Sf Beasley
PF Bosh
C Oden

Can you see us being the new bulls of the 90s

DQL
07-21-2008, 11:56 PM
How about we just keep Mario and give him a chance....

I agree. Let's not mess our team up before the season starts. Center is the only position we have to strengthen

noturnormalhero
07-22-2008, 09:22 AM
i much rather have, an extra 11 million a year so that we can sign 2 superstars maybe, Bosh and try to get Oden or horford or butler because they become Restricted.

Pg Mario
Sg Wade
Sf Beasley
PF Bosh
C Oden

the Heat getting Oden? :crazy:

DaNtHeMaN628
07-22-2008, 09:35 AM
why are you so high on Sessions? He only played 17 games last season and his best games were at the end of the season when almost every team quit fighting. It would give him more credit if he had played good in 40+ games. Playing a few good games doesn't guarantee anything. Having Sessions over Chalmers based on a few games is ridiculous. Sessions is quite overrated. Let's watch Chalmers play some games in NBA level and wait until Sessions plays against real opponents before making any judgement

Why would you say that Sessions is overrated? He is not even rated, so yeah good call.:pity: But yeah in those 17 games playing rookie minutes until the end of the year these were his season averages since apparently I offended you by putting up the stats from his 3 best games:
In 26.5 minutes a game, he shot 43.6% FG, 42.9% 3P%, 8.1 PPG, 7.5 APG, 3.4 RPG, and 1 SPG. That's extremely efficient for a rookie averaging 26 minutes a game. And if you can't see that then you don't know anything about basketball. By the way that was his rookie year, players typically get better as their career progresses until they hit their prime.

By the way let me run his per 48 minutes stats for you just in case you still can't comprehend why I'm high on Sessions:
14.7 PPG, 13.6 Assists, 6.2 Rebounds, 1.82 Steals.

And by the way thats better than Mo Williams' per 48 minute stats in every category except scoring which the Heat don't need. The Heat need a pure pass first PG not a shoot first PG. If you still can't see why I'm high on this kid then I can't help you. And frankly I feel bad for you.:shrug:

noturnormalhero
07-22-2008, 10:43 AM
Why would you say that Sessions is overrated? He is not even rated, so yeah good call.:pity: But yeah in those 17 games playing rookie minutes until the end of the year these were his season averages since apparently I offended you by putting up the stats from his 3 best games:
In 26.5 minutes a game, he shot 43.6% FG, 42.9% 3P%, 8.1 PPG, 7.5 APG, 3.4 RPG, and 1 SPG. That's extremely efficient for a rookie averaging 26 minutes a game. And if you can't see that then you don't know anything about basketball. By the way that was his rookie year, players typically get better as their career progresses until they hit their prime.

By the way let me run his per 48 minutes stats for you just in case you still can't comprehend why I'm high on Sessions:
14.7 PPG, 13.6 Assists, 6.2 Rebounds, 1.82 Steals.

And by the way thats better than Mo Williams' per 48 minute stats in every category except scoring which the Heat don't need. The Heat need a pure pass first PG not a shoot first PG. If you still can't see why I'm high on this kid then I can't help you. And frankly I feel bad for you.:shrug:

by far the best info given for a ramon sessions arguement. even if someone has no clue who is how how he produced, this shows a lot. good stuff man. :clap:

ATX
07-22-2008, 10:53 AM

Pg Mario
Sg Wade
Sf Beasley
PF Bosh
C Oden

That's funny...Don't you remember ripping me for agreeing with an article I posted here about the possibility of pairing Bosh with Wade ni 2010?? You told me to stop posting...lol.

noturnormalhero
07-22-2008, 11:02 AM
That's funny...Don't you remember ripping me for agreeing with an article I posted here about the possibility of pairing Bosh with Wade ni 2010?? You told me to stop posting...lol.

i remember that!!! :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

awr0430
07-22-2008, 11:23 AM
well they have charlie V even though bucks fans on the forums rip him everytime on his lack of defense so i guess to them haslem would be an upgrade..

aside from that.. i rather go after marcus williams (not saying he's better than mo) but it's a cheaper option. i mean seriously..last year we offered him a contract..he went to a higher bidder..now we want a trade to get him? so we would be paying him more than what we offered ? am i the only one that finds that strange?

Yeah in case people don't remember he didnt want to come here he just used us to get more money out of the Bucks which he succeeded in doing. So why should we want him here.

awr0430
07-22-2008, 11:25 AM
By the way we will never EVER pry Oden away from the Trailblazers. Riles does some incredible things but that may be out of even his reach.

noturnormalhero
07-22-2008, 12:23 PM
Yeah in case people don't remember he didnt want to come here he just used us to get more money out of the Bucks which he succeeded in doing. So why should we want him here.

well he had interest in coming here but u cant blame the dude for going where there was more money, it's business. chances are i would have done the same in his position. from a team to team stand point, would look them if they paid him more then slid him over here back to us. it's like u order food for 20 bucks and the cook puts it at 40 by the time it gets back to u lol.

King Koopa
07-22-2008, 01:21 PM

It was just an example of the stars that we can get in the that off season, i was going to put mario/wade/James/beasley/Amare but im pretty sure James is going to want 19+ Million and Amare 15+.

DQL
07-22-2008, 01:25 PM
It was just an example of the stars that we can get in the that off season, i was going to put mario/wade/James/beasley/Amare but im pretty sure James is going to want 19+ Million and Amare 15+.

James and Amare are both max players. If James gets 19 then Amare gets 19 imo

noturnormalhero
07-22-2008, 03:58 PM
amare AND james AND wade..asking for way too much. she'd have brian skinner,scott pollard, darrel armstrong and people like that as ur role players cuz u wouldnt be able to afford anything else lol. that's way too much.

I Am Awesome-O
07-22-2008, 04:16 PM
amare AND james AND wade..asking for way too much. she'd have brian skinner,scott pollard, darrel armstrong and people like that as ur role players cuz u wouldnt be able to afford anything else lol. that's way too much.

Yeah there's absolutely no possible way that could ever happen. One or the other, maybe, but both Amare and Lebron onn the same team is only possible if all of your other players have mid-level to minimum contracts. Wade and Beasley are both going to be max players, so I wouldn't even bet on getting either James or Amare.

noturnormalhero
07-22-2008, 04:17 PM
Yeah there's absolutely no possible way that could ever happen. One or the other, maybe, but both Amare and Lebron onn the same team is only possible if all of your other players have mid-level to minimum contracts. Wade and Beasley are both going to be max players, so I wouldn't even bet on getting either James or Amare.

true..

Jonathan2323
07-22-2008, 04:26 PM
They can also take less money, very doubtfull though